Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 02:18 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Please read more carefully. The vax does not work for this person because of the immunosppressent drugs he has to take to stay alive. His lifesaving drugs cancel out the vaccine.

There are many like him.
If he was taking drugs that "cancelled out" the vaccine...just why did he get not one, but 4 different jabs? Seems like an expensive waste if the were not effective for him. Selfish or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2021, 02:32 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Three shots and 1 booster later, this man has little protection against Covid-19

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/09/healt...rnd/index.html

Please get get vaccinated, if not to protect you, to protect everyone else around you

I personally know, at least, 20 transplant patients that are friends and family. And, had 40-50 patients that were transplant patients when I was still in the pharmacy. I also know several people on high doses of immunosuppressants because of rare blood cancers

Please don't be stubborn, or selfish
More fear-based propaganda by CNN.

Why would any transplant patient risk going out into busy public spaces?

If you got a transplant, wouldn't you just stay home?

Transplant patients have been around for decades.

This is nothing new.

How many boosters are you willing to get to protect someone who is too stupid to protect themselves?

10? 20? 40?

It's up to THEM to protect THEMSELVES.

Old 11-09-2021, 02:34 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
I mean these immune deficient people were around prior to 2020, did everyone worry about infecting them with the flu or common cold (coronavirus)? Did they hide in their homes back then too? There's always been something going around, that swine flu hit me pretty hard in 2010. But we didn't get all weird about it and try to make everyone comply with masks and vaccines like people are doing these days. We're going to have a whole generation of insistent germophobes.
It's like a generation of news junkies just discovered a new word.

im-mun-o-com-pro-mis-ed

Huh.

Followed by screeching and flailing to get the vaccine like a toddler tantrum, as if they care.

It's not about helping those people.

It's about forcing the vaccine on others.

Old 11-09-2021, 03:10 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,706,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
I'd advise the vaxxed to get their affairs in order ASAP.
Yes, definitely.

Old 11-09-2021, 03:16 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Miss Cleo's crystal ball I guess. But it sure isn't 10% as the poster I replied to indicated.
I'm just taking the total Covid deaths 65+ and dividing it into the total Covid cases 65+.

Absolutely, for a large portion of that population, it's a much lower figure. And for the remainder, it's a much higher figure.

They could tell us if they wanted. Tell us about the immune-compromised and Covid. Tell us about the aged and immune-compromised. Tell us about the aged with the most serious co-morbidities.

But they haven't, and seems they won't.

Old 11-09-2021, 03:29 PM

72 posts, read 40,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
***crickets***
!!!!katydids!!!!

Old 11-09-2021, 03:34 PM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I'm just taking the total Covid deaths 65+ and dividing it into the total Covid cases 65+.

Absolutely, for a large portion of that population, it's a much lower figure. And for the remainder, it's a much higher figure.

They could tell us if they wanted. Tell us about the immune-compromised and Covid. Tell us about the aged and immune-compromised. Tell us about the aged with the most serious co-morbidities.

But they haven't, and seems they won't.
Well I got my number from OSHA. And they got it from the CDC so the government has the numbers.

You are missing comorbidities here. An 20 year old obese person is at higher risk of death then a healthy 70 year old.

And we have stats for those that died in 2020
5% ...covid only
95%...comorbidities with 85% of those 95% overweight/obese.

Old 11-09-2021, 04:22 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post

You are missing comorbidities here. An 20 year old obese person is at higher risk of death then a healthy 70 year old.
It's kind of fun but probably more or less useless: https://qcovid.org/Calculation

So for your 20 year old, I made him white/male, 180cm and 100kg, that makes him obese (BMI 30).

Also for good measure, I gave him type 1 diabetes.

Chance of dying: 1 in 166667

Now a healthy 70 year old (white male), 180cm at 70kg (BMI 22), no type 1 diabetes this time

Chance of dying: 1 in 1724

In other words, he's almost 100 times more likely to die than our obese 20 year old with type 1 diabetes.

COVID deaths rise exponentially with age.

Old 11-09-2021, 04:31 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
After reading through 7 pages I've come to this realization... all the same arguments rehashed in 50 other threads over the last 6 months with the same people taking the same sides except that one poster who faked being a liberal last fall (Sholomar's Cap) People aren't changing anyone's minds... those of us who favor compassion by means of masking up the population forever and mandating vaccines won't change their minds, and those who believe in natural selection, freedom, and the right to choose won't really change their minds.

Just hamsters in a wheel, all of us. Keep quoting Covid statistics all day long... the people who think 5 year olds should be vaccinated have made up their minds. Likewise the people who think the jabs will give us all AIDS have made up their minds.

If they really want people vaccinated, maybe approve the Covaxin inactivated virus vaccine in the US so the people who are mRNA vaccine skeptics have a choice. Belling finally picked up on this vaccine and is talking about the vaccine on his show right now.

https://www.who.int/news-room/featur...u-need-to-know

There are a crap-ton of vaccines in trials right now.... as time goes on maybe we'll get some approved in the US that the vaccine skeptics will accept.

https://covid19.trackvaccines.org/types-of-vaccines/

Last edited by sholomar; 11-09-2021 at 05:01 PM..

Old 11-09-2021, 05:04 PM

17,540 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
NOT at the same rates as unvaxxed. Please stop spreading misinformation.

You beat me to this post!

Reading through all of the negativity first!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies