Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 11:40 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,878,692 times

Advertisements

You must take this to the extreme to see what you're arguing.

If this was Ebola - would you STILL argue the sense in getting vaccinated? If not for yourself - then could you at least see WHY it's being mandated - so that you - being a careless and carefree person - can't go kill other people whenever and wherever you like? Ya see how silly that is?

Here's the thing: Covid is not Ebola, or measles, or the plague. We can all agree on that. BUT - what it IS - well, it's not decided by you. You (and I) are not the ones who get to say how serious a thing is before drastic measures are necessary.

Some of you would say the answer to that is NEVER. If this WERE actually the plague, you'd oppose lockdowns. And if there were a shot for it, you'd oppose that too. You'd win the Darwinian race, in that case, problem solved.

Again - you do not get to decide what is serious and what is not - because that is not your 40-year-career field of study. And even if it is - then amongst all those folks - there is a process - where the great majority of them believe it is, indeed, very serious, and that's just how it is.

I get it - it's not, on the face of it, "deadly enough" for you. You're wrong. Accept it and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2021, 11:50 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Then you better ban all the drug abusers, alcoholics, cigarettes smokers, cigar smokers, tobaccos chewers, vapers, gang members, criminals, depressed, transients, (insert high risk activity hobbies here), illegal immigrants, and morbidly obese also in the hospital for personal choices.

Good luck on your broad discrimination against mostly people of color and the poor.
Too bad there isn't a "vaccine" for drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, cigars, tobacco, vapers, guns, depressions, and homelessness, illegal immigration, and obesity.

If there were a vaccine then we should probably tell them they can't come to the hospital either.

But even if there were a vaccine, right wing anti vaxxers would be telling us that the "vaccine" killed more people than all that stuff combined. LOL.

Old 11-10-2021, 11:57 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Both the vaccinated and unvaccinated have a less than 1% chance of dying from Covid now. Saying X times more likely is stupid when you understand we are talking about fractions of one percent with all the tools we have now.
Where are you getting this info from ? Again if your loved one was in that 1% you would see things different.

Old 11-10-2021, 11:59 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Where are you getting this info from ? Again if your loved one was in that 1% you would see things different.
How many young people have to die from the shot before you admit there’s a problem?

Old 11-10-2021, 12:00 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
We are usually on opposite sides, but I agree with you here.

FGS, we treat illegals in the ER on taxpayer money...but you would deny care to your fellow citizens? What is wrong with you?!

Or if your loved one dies from the vaccine.

Sometimes there are only less bad choices.
If they died from the vax - you did all possible to stay alive. There’s meds and procedures done every day with a 50/50 chance or even less… what say you for your loved one if find yourself in that position ??

Old 11-10-2021, 12:02 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Too bad there isn't a "vaccine" for drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, cigars, tobacco, vapers, guns, depressions, and homelessness, illegal immigration, and obesity.

If there were a vaccine then we should probably tell them they can't come to the hospital either.

But even if there were a vaccine, right wing anti vaxxers would be telling us that the "vaccine" killed more people than all that stuff combined. LOL.
Posts like this help me to understand how the push for vaccination is about more than just medical outcomes, but something altogether more sinister.

I know quite a few people who aren't getting the jab, as well as others who are anti vaccination - despite there not being a consistent political leaning through those people as a group, the media here seems to have started identifying anti-vaccination/vaccination hesitant as "right wing", or even more absurdly, "white supremacist".

Old 11-10-2021, 12:43 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
That’s your opinion and I respect it. But, don’t expect me to care about mandates or no mandates based on your opinion. I care that people have the right to choose to be vaccinated or not. Past that, I don’t care.
How about the choice to get vaccinated or get fired?

Do you care about that? Because that IS the choice.

It's not, oh, be unvaccinated or get vaccinated. No worries, it's all good.

It's, get vaccinated or GET FIRED. Which would you choose?

What about that single mom with 3 kids?

What about that family of 3, with 2 kids in college and an elderly parent in LTC?

These are people who need their jobs, health insurance, and pensions.

The choice is get vaccinated or LOSE EVERYTHING.

Shocking that people seriously don't get this yet.

Old 11-10-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Posts like this help me to understand how the push for vaccination is about more than just medical outcomes, but something altogether more sinister.

I know quite a few people who aren't getting the jab, as well as others who are anti vaccination - despite there not being a consistent political leaning through those people as a group, the media here seems to have started identifying anti-vaccination/vaccination hesitant as "right wing", or even more absurdly, "white supremacist".
The most anti vaccine people I know are hippie liberals.

Somehow their political party hates them and now they are right wing supreme or something or other. When they've never voted republican in their lives.

Go figure.

Old 11-10-2021, 12:49 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
If they died from the vax - you did all possible to stay alive. There’s meds and procedures done every day with a 50/50 chance or even less… what say you for your loved one if find yourself in that position ??
For some people, the vaccine is more dangerous than the illness. If you died from the vax - you die from something that was avoidable.

Old 11-10-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
If they died from the vaccine the doctor that injected them killed them.

Since for most, the vaccine is unnecessary.

If you are demanding people get vaccinated, you are an accomplice. to every person who died who was forced to get the vaccine.

Because it was a completely avoidable death, and death is a risk when getting a vaccine. Any vaccine.

Simplest terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies