Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support drug mandates
Yes, my body is the property of my doctors and public health authorities 3 13.64%
No 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 09:53 AM

4,541 posts, read 2,263,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

For those of us who avoid any sort of drug when at all possible and prefer to allow our natural biology fight off disease when possible, this whole affair is a complete nightmare out of a freaking Stephen King novel.

Exactly! I eat plant based and take a vitamin regimen daily. I take no medications and at almost 60 years old, I have no medical issues. I have never taken a vaccine (including the flu shot and I have never had the flu) since I was a child and I do not plan to start now so that some lunatics feel safer after they have taken their Covid vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2021, 09:57 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
NO - I am totally serious. I am old. And I will say what I think. I've fought disease my whole life. I am DONE catering to people who refuse to think of others, and that are willing to politicize medicine. And that are willing to put others at risk, even if you don't care about damage to your own body.

I have nothing more to say to you.
Who 'refuses to think of others?' I'm thinking of others trying to preserve a free country. Authoritarianism kills people. Look at history. Besides, no one is preventing you from protecting yourself from Covid, through vaccines, boosters, masks, or staying home.

Where do we draw the line at people who 'put others at risk?' Those who aren't getting boosters? Those with low vitamin D (who get sick with all sorts of things)? The obese, who don't mount a good response to the vaccines? Drug users, who also don't mount a good response? People who don't take care of their health put us all at risk by clogging up hospitals, so should we mandate diets?

And 'at risk' for what? People die from things besides Covid. Politicians put people at risk mandating vaccines and reducing firefighters, police, EMTs, health care workers....I guess if someone dies in a fire, that's okay because at least they weren't pulled from the flames by an unvaxxed firefighter?

Old 11-10-2021, 09:59 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,566 times
Quote:
And NOWHERE did I say vaxxes gave full immunity. But if everyone was vaccinated this would die to a minimal level and with other treatments possibly would go away, eventually.

We are only 2 years into this, it may take years to find a final solution that eliminates covid. But we have ALREADY reduced regular flu by taking simple precautions.
What about 20% efficacy after 6 months do you not understand?

Old 11-10-2021, 10:01 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,480,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I can envision a future where climate change is deemed an 'existential threat,' and countries adopt population control strategies like China's One Child policy. Mandated abortions, sterilizations, etc. When you cede bodily sovereignty for an emergency, you open a dangerous door.
This exactly. And this is EXACTLY where this country is heading if we do not wake up.

Old 11-10-2021, 10:02 AM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
My being vaccinated in no way prevents you from contracting Covid.
No one says it does. Your being vaccinated reduces the likelihood that you'll pass the virus on to someone else. Rather a simple concept, eh?

Old 11-10-2021, 10:05 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
No one says it does. Your being vaccinated reduces the likelihood that you'll pass the virus on to someone else. Rather a simple concept, eh?
Did you read my opening post?

Old 11-10-2021, 10:06 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Was the phrase "vaccine Nazi" really necessary?

When getting knocked up is contagious, we'll get back to you.

Unwanted pregnancies are 100% preventable.
(Again outside of cases of actual rape)

But do get back to us when the government mandates that you MUST have an abortion, or even be on birth control in order to keep your job.

Old 11-10-2021, 10:09 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,324,217 times
Quote:
Sorry, it is NOT "your choice" to infect me or others. If you are too ignorant or bone headed to get a vaccine then that makes you a deadly threat to all humanity.

By your not getting vaccinated for a PREVENTABLE disease, YOU STEAL resources from people who are sick with diseases that are UNpreventable. Like cancer, or stroke. People are DYING because mostly republicans are filling the hospitals because they are too full of themselves to have any consideration for others. It is REPREHENSIBLE.

We didn't have this problem with smallpox or polio. I remember as a kid everyone lining up at county health SO OTHERS WOULDN'T DIE! And we ELIMINATED the disease. We ALL worked TOGETHER.

We COULD do this with MOST disease, except for the ignorant right wing extremists who are dragging the entire world down.

WHY are 90% of democrats vaccinated and only 40% of Trumpers?

This is NOT about "mah freedom" it is about NOT GETTING SICK!

Do you LIKE being sick? If so, when my cancer comes back, you can have it. Because BEING SICK SUCKS!

Now shut up and go get vaccinated.
Far out! und Seig Hiel! to you, too.

Because you obviously believe that everyone else should be coerced into what (in your mindset) provides the "Greatest Common Good".

You've forgotten someone -- and you probably don't care.

I have two nephews (by the same parents) The older of the two will function as an eight-year old for the rest of his life, possibly due to a vaccine reaction.

And now, people who think your way would like to force the same risk on his younger brother, in the name of "the Greater Good of all".

I'll be waiting to see if you have the guts to respond to this.

Old 11-10-2021, 10:10 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,480,193 times
Quote:
How many vaccine shots and boosters will be too many for you? What if after getting all the shots and boosters the powers that be decide that you still need to submit to twice a week nasal swabs to keep your job. Still happy?

Now what if they decide that you MUST take a prescription of Ivermectin as a preventative measure. Still o.k.?

And you want your boss, HR, the security guard at the front desk to be able to look at your medical records to ensure that you have been complying with all of the hoop jumping mandate orders?

Old 11-10-2021, 10:12 AM

25,684 posts, read 18,770,132 times
Quote:
When getting knocked up is contagious, we'll get back to you.
Getting "knocked up" one night and an abortion the next week is not contagious, it is an IQ problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies