Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 04:05 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times

Advertisements

This doesn't surprise me, but only because of the differences in the mindset of so many of the people who voted for Trump, especially the second time around, compared to people who voted for Biden.

So many Trump supporters have an unhealthy bootlicking enamorement with an unscrupulous politician. Trump loves this because he models himself after authoritarian and fascist political figures, even to the point that it encourages his followers to go along with sacreligious idolatry and abandon the moral tenets of their faith to instead follow Trump, and even if he and other accomplices were willing to tear our democratic republic and Constitution to shreds in order to "win".

People who voted for Biden are a little more inclined to be more critical in their viewpoints of Biden. They will say that he is remarkably better than Trump, but Biden needs to do x, y, and z more competently and not bend to every demand of the far right in his "negotiations". Biden is rather old guard and corporate and the far left do not look at Biden and say "there's our man." But they will support him long before they support Trump.

Last edited by Jowel; 11-10-2021 at 04:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2021, 04:07 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Your referring to Putin the trillionaire! Yes, trillionaire. He owns 20% of Russia! In the Michael Cohen book I'm reading, he estimates his wealth to top one trillion, the richest man in the world!
20% of a wasteland that produces inefficiently.

Old 11-10-2021, 04:11 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
This doesn't surprise me, but only because of the differences in the mindset of so many of the people who voted for Trump, especially the second time around, compared to people who voted for Biden.

So many Trump supporters have an unhealthy bootlicking enamorement with an unscrupulous politician. Trump loves this because he models himself after authoritarian and fascist political figures, even to the point that it encourages his followers to go along with sacreligious idolatry and abandon the moral tenets of their faith to instead follow Trump, and even if he and other accomplices were willing to tear our democratic republic and Constitution to shreds in order to "win".

People who voted for Biden are a little more inclined to be more critical in their viewpoints of Biden. They will say that he is remarkably better than Trump, but Biden needs to do x, y, and z more competently and with more spine against far right fascism which has become more of a threat in the United States just like it has in much of the world. Biden is rather old guard and corporate and the far left do not look at Biden and say "there's our man." But they will support him long before they support Trump.

So Biden just needs to be more radical. Nothing more. Gotcha.

Old 11-10-2021, 04:32 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
At this point, a festering boil on a dog's nut sack would be more popular the Dem party leadership.
...cue Trump...

Old 11-10-2021, 04:48 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Why? Because of Trumps hair? His mean tweets? This country is in a world of crap because of that demented old fool biden, who doesn`t have a clue, of what he is doing.
Hair? Mean tweets? You cannot be serious. Of course, you wouldn’t think it has anything to do with his mishandling of the pandemic, for starters.

Old 11-10-2021, 04:50 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I hope Trump runs again. It would make three times in a row that a majority of voters rejected him.
Hopefully whatever Democrat runs will lose after the performance of this administration. Many friends of mine have turned from Democrat to Conservative thanks to Biden.

Old 11-10-2021, 04:51 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Trump's not popular with me. Biden isn't doing a very good job, but there is no way I would want Trump back. We merely traded one bad President for another bad President. We need to clean house and get better candidates. Trump, Biden, and Clinton were among the worst choices for candidates.
I agree, one bad for another. I do think Biden is doing much more harm than Trump did. Trump couldn’t actually do much because he had everyone from the establishment against him.

Old 11-10-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Meh. Biden definitely wasn’t my first choice but I’ll take him over Trump.
Why? Biden is literally costing you dollars out of your pocket and making the country less safe and stable. Despite what the media narrative, Trump didn’t do any of those things. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no fan of Trump but he at least did some things that helped the average American. Meanwhile pretty much everything Biden has done is throwing us under the bus.

Old 11-10-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Hair? Mean tweets? You cannot be serious. Of course, you wouldn’t think it has anything to do with his mishandling of the pandemic, for starters.
Well, I think it could be looked at a couple of ways. Was he too positive about it. Maybe, but then again, maybe his positivity kept the markets from crashing. That would have just compounded things big time. We needed someone positive in leadership, he just didn’t do a good job displaying it in a presidential way.

Outside of that, what did he do wrong? Biden certainly hasn’t been the savior you thought he would be. It’s an airborne virus with a low kill rate. What are supposed to do?

Old 11-10-2021, 05:05 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Saying Trump is more popular than Biden after Biden beat him in the election is like giving Trump and his followers a participation trophy! Congratulations... for nothing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies