Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2021, 08:28 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Last year it costed me around $60 to fill my tank now its over $80 with the very real prospect of it going over $100 in the near future. I'm glad that you're above this but most of America isn't and btw, if you are a Democrat or you vote Democrat, you should be concerned. The way things are going, the Democrats may lose America for more than a generation.

Gotta make up the rich speculators lost profits when they were paying people to take their contracted oil. LOL. Most of economy is combination of pure scam and game of musical chairs. Nothing new, lot of our wealthy founding fathers speculated in Indian land. And lost their collective ass. Some won of course. Getting rich is more gambling than hard work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2021, 08:40 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,543,563 times
If you think these are hard times then you've grown soft. The current events are barely a bump in the road. Trump was a lunatic nightmare and I'm not sorry he's out of office.

Old 11-11-2021, 08:48 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm not the biggest Trump fan but the Dems have gone so far Left it makes him look brilliant next to Biden. All Biden had to do was be like Bill Clinton or heaven forbid Borack Obama.

Where's all that Normalcy from the Moderate Biden?
I agree completely.

I think that they way things are going that there almost has to be some kind of larger plan here. You can't screw things up this badly I just don't think. Something past incompetency is at play here. Things are happening in way that just feels like they are trying to soften people up for dramatic changes to the country.

I'll take Clinton over Obama. I think Obama really started to usher in this racial division schtick that the Dems are playing.

Old 11-11-2021, 08:58 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I’m glad Trump is gone. I didn’t expect normalcy in during a pandemic so it’s fine for me. My life isn’t a nightmare at all. It’s quite peaceful.
I agree. Most of the nightmarish stuff is related to the poor loser Trump supporters who have lived off of the cool-aid so long they can't recognize reality, continue with the Big Lie, and refuse to take COVID seriously. Anybody following Trump would have a lot of clean-up work to do even if there would be full support. Trump soiled his own nest and it will take a while to recover.

Old 11-11-2021, 08:59 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Ineffectual incompetency is the normal for our government. Where you been?
Ineffectual? I beg to differ.

There's two ways this last year can bee seen, as far as I can tell.

The first view assumes incompetence. Our President doesn't know what he's doing. From that perspective, his incompetence has been anything but ineffectual. His actions and policies have had enormous, albeit disastrous, effects.

The second assumes intention. If he's not incompetent, then his actions and policies are having the desired effect. The opposite of ineffectual.

Which is correct? It's probably some of both, but heavily tilting toward intention.

He's all in on the Great Reset ("Build Back Better" is a GR slogan - since before Biden started using it), and everything he's "accomplished" is lock-step in line with the GR agenda.

He's not dialing back any of the policies which created or exacerbated the problems, despite massive pushback from the public.

Businesses ("stakeholders" in GR language) are carrying out his agenda for him, absolving him of any responsibility for them. That's textbook fascism, and also part of the GR plan.

No, he's not ineffectual. Not if you understand what the people running him are trying to accomplish.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:07 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
If you think it would be any better under Trump, you weren't paying attention. Trump can't deal with a crisis. He can only deal with things going his way, because he's an egocentric idiot who thinks his poop doesn't stink and the world revolves around him.

His wanting things his way is what got things done.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:11 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Trump had no policies. It was always whatever his gut told him. There was nothing coherent about any of his presidency. He couldn't create policy because he never spent the time to actually learn and come up with policies. His main policy was to make himself, his family, and his friends richer, and to get the average guy to adore him, and feed his massive ego.

A high tide raises all ships. Isn't that one of you guys favorite sayings?

Old 11-11-2021, 10:32 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Trump's list of accomplishments made every president look like a slacker.. Trump earned those 4 years and also earned 4 more but was stolen by the leftist any means to an end radicals.. they do everything to extreme including cheating.

Old 11-11-2021, 10:33 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
The schools could give them their money back.

But no, you want to keep their money AND tell them to **** off.
That's the way it works. Everyone pays school taxes, whether their kids are in school or not. And that doesn't apply at all to the screamers who don't even live in the district.

Old 11-11-2021, 10:34 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Like the left does whenever they lose a election. The left doesn’t like it when their tactics are used against them.
I don't recall the Democrats screaming about fake news, election fraud, or any that garbage when Trump won in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies