Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2021, 02:10 PM

9,126 posts, read 5,756,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if i had a buck for every time i've had to shoot down this lie i could retire a year early.
China Joe said he decided to run because of the "very fine people" lie.
So, he apparently based his campaign on a lie. (fitting, dontcha think?)
He continued to repeat it long after it was proven to be a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 04:21 PM

15,085 posts, read 7,124,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
His handling of illegal immigration and asylum seekers due to his failed policies.
Tossing 1.7 million would be immigrants back to Mexico is a "failed" immigration policy?

Old 11-15-2021, 08:26 PM

13,243 posts, read 4,098,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I think the first thing we expected was a return to normal presidential behavior. Communication through speeches and press conferences, not by Twitter. Engagement with the media rather than spurning them as the "enemy of the People". Respect for diplomatic norms when dealing with foreign leaders. In all these ways we have seen a return to normalcy.

Next we hoped for a return to normalcy regarding the pandemic. After a promising start, we must admit that this pandemic has been more intractable than hoped. Nevertheless, most venues today allow for patrons not to be masked, depending on crowding conditions or on vaccine status. So everyday life is largely back to normal.

Now, I'd like to ask you, what actions of Biden do you regard as being not normal? Or specifically, what has he done that you characterize as having "gone so far left..."? He's passed two major pieces of legislation, the stimulus bill and the bipartisan infrastructure bill. Both were very popular among the public.

Return to the same government that Trump won running against ? LOL 70% of the people distrust the media because of their lies and propaganda for decades but Trump is the problem for calling them out?

You asked: "what actions of Biden do you regard as being not normal? Or specifically, what has he done that you characterize as having "gone so far left..."????

Apart from being a corrupt war criminal since 1973 and the grandfather of mass incarceration going in the W.H.? well his unconstitutional mandates, his reckless foreign policy leaving our allies in the air at the mercy of our enemies, and his illegal immigration. b.s. and his mental health. He looks most of the time like the old folks in retiring homes but for you this is normal and mean tweets isn't? thanks for the laugh.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:31 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,160,262 times
I don't recall what I wrote previously but I am curious if anyone has defined the nightmare we are in right now? Might be of ones own making cause life is pretty good. Cheers.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:03 PM

8,265 posts, read 2,886,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
There's no evidence of any widespread fraud beyond the minimal amount that occurs in every election. Dan Patrick paid out for a republican fraud, but no one has brought him any evidence of any other frauds to claim the reward he offered.
I don’t believe that you believe what you’re sayin’. There’s been plenty of evidence provided including here on CD. “Widespread“? What does that mean? There’s a big enough spread to turn the election. Sounds wide to me.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:15 PM

32,796 posts, read 12,086,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Talk about those who are clueless.

'Failed businessman"? Tell us, when did you earn your first billion?

And you seriously think that Biden has a clue when it comes to running the country? How quickly you forget that your idol, Obama, said of Biden "Leave it to Joe to F things up".
That poster didn't get $400 million + over the course of his life from daddy like Trump did.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:45 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,702,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I don't recall what I wrote previously but I am curious if anyone has defined the nightmare we are in right now? Might be of ones own making cause life is pretty good. Cheers.
I'd define it as out of control spending in a high inflation setting, energy dependence on foreign nations, a serious problem at the southern border that the admin downplays, and a weak response to foreign threats, specifically the mis-handling of the Afghanistan evac.

It's truly been a nightmare and likely will get worse.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:49 PM

13,357 posts, read 4,738,059 times
Quote:
I agree. I have a good job and, based on all the job openings, most people have opportunities for decent employment. I’m vaccinated, and I go out in public without a mask, except in crowded situations, which I avoid anyway. Gas is up to $3.50 per gallon, which would be no big deal anyway, but since I’m working from home is a nothing burger. The supply chain problems are annoying, but hardly a crisis. I hear there’s a lot of people trying to cross the border, which is no surprise since life is so good here, but that really has no impact on me. We’re not involved in any foreign wars at the moment. Stocks are up.

Where is this disaster that righties keep crying about? Debbie Downers!

Old 11-15-2021, 09:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,472,899 times
Quote:
Most of the living misery and nightmares are coming from deeply devoted Trump lovers and voters who quite passionately believe he was one of the very best presidents in history. In other words, they joined up with Trump in being among the world's sorest ever losers.

Old 11-16-2021, 12:34 AM

13,243 posts, read 4,098,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I agree. I have a good job and, based on all the job openings, most people have opportunities for decent employment. I’m vaccinated, and I go out in public without a mask, except in crowded situations, which I avoid anyway. Gas is up to $3.50 per gallon, which would be no big deal anyway, but since I’m working from home is a nothing burger. The supply chain problems are annoying, but hardly a crisis. I hear there’s a lot of people trying to cross the border, which is no surprise since life is so good here, but that really has no impact on me. We’re not involved in any foreign wars at the moment. Stocks are up.

Where is this disaster that righties keep crying about? Debbie Downers!

This is how much of a bubble you are in . We are in involved in foreign wars just because the media is not showing it to you doesn't mean it doesn't exist. As long that is not you being bombed or slowly starved to death in sanctions you don't care. No big deal to you in high gas prices? Not everybody could work at home like you. The immigration is a problem when a President and the party in power refuses to enforce the laws and gives them incentives to come and stay here in sanctuary cities. We all pay for that.

When Trump was in office you lefty everyday acted that there was a crisis and we were in a fascist nation. Now that Biden is in with Dems in power you look the other way. Nothing to see here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies