Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 11:48 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Kibby, Post #7 answered it for you.
I was post #7 and didn't ask a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
How about all those rioters that attack Cops?
Be serious now -- slapping a Pelosi Cop is more serious than slapping any Cop in the USSA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PesachSeder View Post
Just a prison sentence? he committed treason...why didn't he go to the gas chamber?
Good Point -- I wondered about that myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2021, 12:38 PM

1,069 posts, read 746,030 times
The sudden interest in law and order by the America left and their reaction to the riot in Washington on January 6th is absurd to the point of hilarity. Where was your outrage when rioting went on for weeks last year in numerous U.S. cities in response to the death of George Floyd? Was that acceptable because it met your political narrative?

In reality very few defendants receive more than a year in prison for battery on a police officer particularly if there is no weapon involved. I should know as I was a law enforcement officer for eighteen years. Most assaults on law enforcement officers are plead down to simple battery. This is link to the criminal complaint on Scott Fairlamb. While I have no sympathy for this knucklehead the problem that many of us in the law enforcement community have with the January 6th cases is that these defendants are being slammed by the courts and six have been denied bail. In contrast, BLM and Antifa rioters sacked police station in Minneapolis and another in Seattle, they nearly burned down the federal courthouse in Portland, destroyed hundreds of businesses, public and private property, injured hundreds of cops and civilians in Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago and St Louis at a cost of at $20 billion. As a result relatively few of the culprits have been prosecuted by either state or federal courts. Anyone that can't see the obvious disparity there is either too filled with rage against the system or is delusional. The criminal justice system in the U.S. is broken and I'm not optimistic that much can fix it.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1359221/download

Old 11-11-2021, 12:50 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Why not a burning at the stake? You know, as an example and deterrent.

Meanwhile there are gang bangers running around in most major cities, knocking off people at will every weekend, who will never even be pursued let alone arrested and charged with anything. Gotta love the two-tier justice system.

Old 11-11-2021, 02:07 PM

13,249 posts, read 7,304,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcopper View Post
The sudden interest in law and order by the America left and their reaction to the riot in Washington on January 6th is absurd to the point of hilarity. Where was your outrage when rioting went on for weeks last year in numerous U.S. cities in response to the death of George Floyd? Was that acceptable because it met your political narrative?

In reality very few defendants receive more than a year in prison for battery on a police officer particularly if there is no weapon involved. I should know as I was a law enforcement officer for eighteen years. Most assaults on law enforcement officers are plead down to simple battery. This is link to the criminal complaint on Scott Fairlamb. While I have no sympathy for this knucklehead the problem that many of us in the law enforcement community have with the January 6th cases is that these defendants are being slammed by the courts and six have been denied bail. In contrast, BLM and Antifa rioters sacked police station in Minneapolis and another in Seattle, they nearly burned down the federal courthouse in Portland, destroyed hundreds of businesses, public and private property, injured hundreds of cops and civilians in Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago and St Louis at a cost of at $20 billion. As a result relatively few of the culprits have been prosecuted by either state or federal courts. Anyone that can't see the obvious disparity there is either too filled with rage against the system or is delusional. The criminal justice system in the U.S. is broken and I'm not optimistic that much can fix it.

You must have failed to read reply #23 where AP news debunked the claim that Jan 6th rioters were getting harsher sentences. I would also point out that the FBI has far more resources then city, or county law enforcement to investigate these crimes. The fact that George Floyd riots were not so well documented like the Jan 6th MAGA crowd who wore their own body cameras posted most of the evidence online.

The FBI probably only had to go on social media to gather the evidence didn't even need to leave their office. The MAGA crowd who showed up at the capital riot were not very good criminals. Kind of shows you just how brainwashed they were.

Old 11-11-2021, 02:19 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
The myth that January 6 Capitol rioters are getting harsher punishments than protesters who took to the streets against police brutality last year was credibly debunked after a closer look at court documents by the AP revealed a different story.
In reality the converse is true.

Black Lives Matter Protesters Handed Harsher Sentences Than Capitol Rioters
https://www.apnews.com/content/2021-08-31-black-lives-matter-protesters-handed-harsher-sentences-than-capitol-rioters/
Records rebut claims of unequal treatment of Jan. 6 rioters
https://apnews.com/article/records-r...f2fdd3345dace8

As of August 2021:

Some who have defended Capitol rioters –– who attacked federal lawmakers over the false election claims made by Trump–– have compared the deadly insurrection to the protests against police killings of Black people and centuries of ongoing racial oppression.
The property damage or accusations of arson and looting from last year's BLM marches, were serious and they were dealt with seriously, but they weren’t an attack on the very core constitutional processes that we rely on in a democracy, nor were they an attack on the United States Congress.

This thread is about the Capitol insurrection and the sentences that are finally being handed down. Not to mention, the attempted diversion and distraction by the above poster is based on a flawed argument. Nice try but no cigar.
Ask yourself what the Capitol rioters actually did, compared to what the thousands of people did in the 600+ BLM / antifa riots.

The 2020 rioters committed arson, burned down entire city blocks, caused billions in damages, sent thousands of police officers to the hospitals. They were routinely firebombing, looting, burning cars, stores, even police stations.

What did the Capitol rioters do? They pushed past barriers, wrestled with and hit a few police officers, and then what? After they got into the building they walked around and took cell phone selfies, and few pilfered office supplies. The did not burn, loot, murder, or create a CHAZ/CHOP zone. The 2020 rioters were a thousand times worse, hence the harsh sentences for multiple felony crimes.

Old 11-11-2021, 02:57 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Reading that the attack on Congress was no big deal, just some folks taking selfie's and pilfering office supplies, turns my stomach.

Old 11-11-2021, 02:59 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcopper View Post

There are peaceful protests and then there is unacceptable violence and destruction of property. I don't know one person on the left who condones the latter.

Old 11-11-2021, 03:49 PM

1,069 posts, read 746,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
You must have failed to read reply #23 where AP news debunked the claim that Jan 6th rioters were getting harsher sentences. I would also point out that the FBI has far more resources then city, or county law enforcement to investigate these crimes. The fact that George Floyd riots were not so well documented like the Jan 6th MAGA crowd who wore their own body cameras posted most of the evidence online.

The FBI probably only had to go on social media to gather the evidence didn't even need to leave their office. The MAGA crowd who showed up at the capital riot were not very good criminals. Kind of shows you just how brainwashed they were.
You remind me of people that call sports talk radio programs and want to argue with a coach or a player with regard to how a team should be managed on the field. You have no idea what you're talking about and your talking points are based solely on what you've read in the media. They're not based on personal experience or fact. AP report aside it's been well documented in media sources like the "Wall Street Journal" and "New York Times" that both state AND federal prosecutors have declined to prosecute the vast majority of the 14K rioters arrested in Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, St Louis and New York City during the 2020 riots. The current administration has an axe to grind with those that stormed the Capitol and the DOJ under AG Merrick Garland is not interested in in pursing criminal cases and prosecuting BLM and Antifa rioters. Nor are Democratic district attorneys in Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland, Chicago and New York City interested in prosecuting these miscreants. That's a fact!

You really don't think that BLM and Antifa rioters documented their crimes on social media? There's plenty of documentation out there. Just look on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. For the record, the FBI depends a lot of local, state and other federal law enforcement agencies to collect intelligence and gather information that assist them in conducting their investigations. The New York Police Department and the Los Angeles Police Department have social media intelligence teams that can run circles around the FBI. The Joint Terrorism Task Force wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the other agencies that continually make the Bureau shine and look good. The FBI was given marching orders to identify, investigate, arrest and build criminal cases against as many January 6th hoodlums as they could identify. Once Trump was out of office identifying, arresting and prosecuting the BLM and Antifa rioters wasn't on the FBI's radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
There are peaceful protests and then there is unacceptable violence and destruction of property. I don't know one person on the left who condones the latter.
Oh no? Then who raised all the hell in Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago, Minneapolis, New York City and St Louis? You can't blame it all on the Proud Boys and white supremacist agitators.

Last edited by irishcopper; 11-11-2021 at 04:09 PM..

Old 11-11-2021, 03:51 PM

6,115 posts, read 4,606,165 times
This is wonderful! Congratulations to him!! He wanted to be in a government facility so badly and now he gets to live in one! He must be stoked!!!

Old 11-11-2021, 03:56 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,306,661 times
No chants of "LOCK HIM UP" from the MAGAs

Why?

They keep trying to change the subject to something else.

Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies