Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 07:28 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Furthermore, the territories spoken of are American.
That has nothing to do with it.

The prices are higher because these places are in the middle of various oceans and seas. Guam for example is 6000 miles from the mainland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2021, 07:45 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
That has nothing to do with it.

The prices are higher because these places are in the middle of various oceans and seas. Guam for example is 6000 miles from the mainland.
It has everything to do with it. The territories are part of the U.S. Is Guam the only territory you know? LOL. In fact, we import gas from beyond our territories and actually one of our territories produced petroleum until shut down earlier this year. So please spare me.

Old 11-10-2021, 07:49 PM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times
Heard something about Joe being full of gas.

I think you know where this is going

Old 11-10-2021, 07:50 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And the price is only going to go up, because his green energy policies are designed to kill energy companies and drive up prices. Meanwhile, his economic policies are driving up inflation. Biden does not care what his policies are doing to harm Americans, he's filthy rich, and so is everyone he knows.
Democrats are great at campaigning, but terrible at running things.

The good thing about democrats is that they are so inept and incompetent that the country gets fed up with being miserable and gets them out of office. For Carter- there was Reagan. For Obama- there was Trump.

Provided the dems are not able to pull off massive fraud again in 2022 and 2024, dems will be swept from office. Most sane citizens (sans liberals) do not like to lead miserable lives and will not tolerate the dem lunacy for long.

Old 11-10-2021, 07:50 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
"Did I hear Joe Biden discussing gas? Allow me to put my N95 mask on."

-- Camilla Parker Bowles

Old 11-10-2021, 07:54 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Brandon is stinking up America.

Old 11-10-2021, 08:05 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
One sick MoFo he is.
This demented idiot thinks this is a Joke.

Old 11-10-2021, 08:19 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Are the prices not higher than the mainland, in those territories regardless? The prices have surged. It goes without saying that the words a President utters can impact the price of gas as well as many things including the stock market.

Imagine if Biden said: "Boing's new helicopter is the wave of the future and I want our military and our NATO allies to buy as many as Boing can build."

Yes Boeing stock is going to jump.

Imagine if Biden said: We are breaking all ties with old producing countries and pulling our fleets from the ME. A full panic would cause the price of crude to skyrocket.. Words from the POTUS matters.
Dismissing current gasoline prices in the “lower 48” because you at one time paid more in a territory is a false comparison.

Gas prices on islands and in other remote locations always are higher, as is everything else like milk...simply because of the cost of getting things there. Saying it costs more on American Samoa or PR or Guam...well duh, of course it does. Look at your location.

Furthermore, the vast majority of Americans do not live in the territories and the economy of the territories has little relationship or impact on the country as a whole.

Bringing up gas prices in the territories was a deflection by PP in a weak attempt to defend Joe’s disastrous impact on the economy.

I can’t believe I’ve had to spell this out.

Old 11-10-2021, 08:21 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Dismissing current gasoline prices in the “lower 48” because you at one time paid more in a territory is a false comparison.

Gas prices on islands and in other remote locations always are higher, as is everything else like milk...simply because of the cost of getting things there. Saying it costs more on American Samoa or PR or Guam...well duh, of course it does. What does that have to do with costs in any of the lower 48?

I can’t believe I’ve had to spell this out.
I feel for people who live in American Samoa. Must be a nightmare to get....well....stuff. The Jones Act hurts them so badly it's not even funny. American Samoa would probably be better off importing from Singapore than the mainland.

Old 11-10-2021, 08:27 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
You can get a Bolt when they allow GM to start selling them again for around 28k. IT WOULD HAVE COST ME $2K TO HAVE A NEW BREAKER BOX for a level 2 charger. So i just bought a 2 way cord for my dryer outlet for $59 and bought a $199 charger. So now it cost me $6 a month to charge vs $100 a month for gas when i had my gas sucking 2021 Camaro that got 8mpg and had to use prem to only drive 50 miles a week.

No way i am paying over $3.20 a gal for gas. Once it hit $3.75 a gal this March i went right to the dealer and traded on the spot.
You are going to be thrilled when your battery dies and you stop in to have it replaced. The nice man behind the counter will tell you that he can handle the job in a few weeks at the nominal cost of $28,000.00. Usually cheaper to purchase a new car .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies