Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2021, 08:07 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Apparently you are not reading my posts. How many times and how many ways do I have to say it.

I was commenting on the fact that the OP focused and stressed that the attack was racially motivated part of a conspiracy to beat down Asians. It was not about the extent of violence or blatancy of the attack. Go back and read or just ignore what I actually wrote and make chit up in your head.
I read your posts .... what stood out to me are statements like this : “she is 13 or 14 years old, it was a punch, you really believe she should serve PRISON time?”

Just a kid, just a punch .... so don’t claim I’m ignoring your real point, I just disagree with your characterization of the incident. As for having a racial component involved, you’d have to be completely out of touch with reality to assume race played no role. The mother’s behavior is so militant, I promise you, she’s raising her daughter to be just like her.

The larger point is, just this past week, two black females, ages 13, and 15 murdered an Uber driver. This type of abhorrent behavior doesn’t happen spontaneously, or out of the blue. It is the result of the tolerance of extreme behavior. Do you know the authorities are not going to charge these two murderers as adults? They could conceivably get by with house arrest? For murder?

Just a kid, just a murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 09:01 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Because the girl who got sucker punched is Asian.
lol Thanks for pointing absolutely nothing out.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:03 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I read your posts .... what stood out to me are statements like this : “she is 13 or 14 years old, it was a punch, you really believe she should serve PRISON time?”

Just a kid, just a punch .... so don’t claim I’m ignoring your real point, I just disagree with your characterization of the incident. As for having a racial component involved, you’d have to be completely out of touch with reality to assume race played no role. The mother’s behavior is so militant, I promise you, she’s raising her daughter to be just like her.

The larger point is, just this past week, two black females, ages 13, and 15 murdered an Uber driver. This type of abhorrent behavior doesn’t happen spontaneously, or out of the blue. It is the result of the tolerance of extreme behavior. Do you know the authorities are not going to charge these two murderers as adults? They could conceivably get by with house arrest? For murder?

What proof do you have race played a role in it? Her mother is known for racists comments and attacking non blacks?

The kid needs to booted out of the league for good and her mother should not be allowed to attend games.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:44 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

So you are projecting what some other teens did, murder, to this particular case. You think because this girl, and I'm NOT justifying what she did or saying she should not be punished, should go to PRISION for assaulting another girl, punching her, because two black females of the same age murdered someone.

Sorry I think putting a 13-14 year old in PRISION for hitting another teen is extreme.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:08 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol Thanks for pointing absolutely nothing out.
You asked, you got the answer.

There have been increased attacks of Asians by African Americans in the last year; or perhaps they are being reported more. In any case, race identifiers are common in stories now. Saying that there is no indicator race played a part in the attack is superfluous. There was no indicator race played a part in any of the police involved shootings, but that didn't stop the media from using race identifiers or mobs from rioting.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:13 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Because the girl who got sucker punched is Asian.
What does the victim being Asian have to do with anything?

Old 11-17-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
You asked, you got the answer.

There have been increased attacks of Asians by African Americans in the last year; or perhaps they are being reported more. In any case, race identifiers are common in stories now. Saying that there is no indicator race played a part in the attack is superfluous. There was no indicator race played a part in any of the police involved shootings, but that didn't stop the media from using race identifiers or mobs from rioting.
In short, you are playing tit for tat.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:20 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Sorry I think putting a 13-14 year old in PRISION for hitting another teen is extreme.
You mean "prison."

Cori Benjamin, the criminal here, deserves to be punished. Even if not prison. This is assault.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:21 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What does the victim being Asian have to do with anything?
If the victimizer was white and the victim black, would you as a black person not have included race in your analysis of the event?

Old 11-17-2021, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
If the victimizer was white and the victim black, would you as a black person not have included race in your analysis of the event?
Not if there was no conclusive proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies