Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2021, 06:22 PM

1,152 posts, read 617,232 times

Advertisements

It’s so amusing to watch this clown day to day. How long before no one is willing to admit that they support Weekend at Bernie’s man? He’s making his supporters look more foolish each and every day. Someone please give him the order to “get back into the basement and try not to soil yourself while you babble and drool”.

Don’t worry folks, it’s only a little over one year until the impeachment fun begins.

Last edited by stank1964; 11-11-2021 at 06:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2021, 06:26 PM

4,509 posts, read 4,044,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
I was out all today and missed everything....cnn says this is not real...is it? is there video?
Once again I can’t tell if this statement is leftist satire or not anymore

Old 11-11-2021, 06:28 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
This is a lame take. Do you want to ignore that the "Negro Leagues" actually existed?

Oh that's right. You guys don't even want to admit that slavery existed. Much less the negro leagues.
Where do you people come up with these insane talking points? It comes across as desperation.

Old 11-11-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Biden had been called out on making racist statements in the past, was used against him in one of the presidential primaries. It’s just not a age gaffe
Ugly Kid Joe delivered the eulogy for segregationalist and KKK member Robert Byrd.

Old 11-11-2021, 06:34 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I despise Biden, but there's nothing here.

Plenty of real problems with this administration. No need to make stuff up out of whole cloth.
There's the whole double-standard thing. We know that if Trump had said the exact same thing, the shrieking from the media and Biden's supporters would reach the skies.

We know this.

Old 11-11-2021, 06:38 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
I haven't watched the video, but what does black have anything to do with Satchel Page's achievements? I'm so sick and tired of race being brought up in literally everything.

If you're a great person, you're a great person, black, white, purple, Asian, blue, red, whatever. Leave race out of it.
You can't pander if you don't bring up color, sexual orientation or some other identity.

Without pandering and calling everyone racists, Democrats wouldn't have anything at all.

Old 11-11-2021, 06:47 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
And people want to, terrorize and put down which is given. Which anyone not old, including an old legacy name of organizations, would be doing by choosing to use Negro in this day. They are activing trying to pick a fight and then say 'what did I do", while knowing exactly what they did. Which is why the thread was spawned when an old man reverted. Is the OP is trying to say that President Biden was picking a fight and/or he no longer has complete command? That Negro, when chosen to be used has became a minor slur in American English probably is born in the days when Negro was substituted for the "N word" for safe broadcast TV and radio performances.

When Archie Bunker used "colored" no insult was intended even if the Meathead shook his head by the use of e term the was closer in time to its actual use than Negro is in America today to its being dropped for common usage and supplanted by first Black and then African American by the mid 1970s.
"Afro-American" for about eight seconds between black and African-American.

I personally usually use "black" myself.

But a story: At my high school graduation ceremony, I was given a scholarship from what was known to be a very conservative (white) men's lodge in that Oklahoma town. The old guy at the podium--probably as old then as Biden is now--started his speech saying, "This is the first time we've given this scholarship to a colored boy...."

There was a collective gasp across the audience. But it didn't bother me. First, a lot of black people his age still used "colored." Second, they were giving me money, so I didn't figure he'd come there to insult me.

Edit: He actually said "colored boy"

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 11-11-2021 at 07:05 PM..

Old 11-11-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

But a story: At my high school graduation ceremony, I was given a scholarship from what was known to be a very conservative (white) men's lodge in that Oklahoma town. The old guy at the podium--probably as old then as Biden is now--started his speech saying, "This is the first time we've given this scholarship to a black boy...."

There was a collective gasp across the audience. But it didn't bother me. First, a lot of black people his age still used "colored." Second, they were giving me money, so I didn't figure he'd come there to insult me.
Good for you Ralph! We all know that the truth is that not all people of any race are any one specific thing.

Old 11-11-2021, 07:02 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
I was out all today and missed everything....cnn says this is not real...is it? is there video?
Yes. The very first post.

Old 11-11-2021, 07:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

But a story: At my high school graduation ceremony, I was given a scholarship from what was known to be a very conservative (white) men's lodge in that Oklahoma town. The old guy at the podium--probably as old then as Biden is now--started his speech saying, "This is the first time we've given this scholarship to a black boy...."

I have a lot of respect for people who give others the benefit of the doubt. Class act (pardon the pun).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies