Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2021, 02:54 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Would it shake your faith in virology and related vaccine research, if it was shown to have been a lab escape?
It might 'shake my faith' in the Chinese
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 02:55 PM

148 posts, read 113,487 times
Is this any surprise? Many people in African nations live more secluded lifestyles. I'm sure it's hard to get COVID in a village when no one from the outside world visits the village to bring in the virus.

Old 11-16-2021, 02:56 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
It might 'shake my faith' in the Chinese
To err is human ..... this is a time when the term mankind is applicable. Blaming a single nation would just highlight our shortsightedness

Humans aren't smart enough to play with viruses imo, not long term.

Old 11-16-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
To err is human ..... this is a time when the term mankind is applicable. Blaming a single nation would just highlight our shortsightedness

Humans aren't smart enough to play with viruses imo, not long term.
To err is more likely in some places than it is in others. This reminds me of an argument I once heard about nuclear power stations, somebody claimed (sorry can't remember who, but it was probably on the TV or radio) that nuclear power stations are very safe, so safe that you would expect a problem within one once every thousand years - what happens when you have a thousand nuclear power stations somebody (sorry can't remember who) replied.

Old 11-16-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
To err is more likely in some places than it is in others. This reminds me of an argument I once heard about nuclear power stations, somebody claimed (sorry can't remember who, but it was probably on the TV or radio) that nuclear power stations are very safe, so safe that you would expect a problem within one once every thousand years - what happens when you have a thousand nuclear power stations somebody (sorry can't remember who) replied.
I think viruses coupled with human interference is in a league of it's own, as a risk to humanity.

That's why I think saving lives should never be the first consideration.

Old 11-16-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I think viruses coupled with human interference is in a league of it's own, as a risk to humanity.
Virus', nuclear warheads, man made greenhouse gases, plastic pollutants, one of them will finish us off eventually.

Old 11-16-2021, 03:23 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,898,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
OP:

Clearly we would have lower COVID rates if we stopped all vaccination. That’s the obvious conclusion we should draw from that article.

Right?

You'd certainly have less viral mutations happening due to multiple booster shots that don't even work...

But don't question it!

Old 11-16-2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Virus', nuclear warheads, man made greenhouse gases, plastic pollutants, one of them will finish us off eventually.
I don't think that's true of the others, they can certainly poses major challenges, but I think an engineered virus is in a league of its own.

Even now it's quite possible that we're experiencing a tangible effect of humans playing around with viruses, and if that were the case, ironically those choosing not to get vaccinated, are being cast as the villains.

Old 11-16-2021, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
You'd certainly have less viral mutations happening due to multiple booster shots that don't even work...

But don't question it!
They DO work though! That has been scientifically proven:-

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ryand2july2021
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ights/vaccines
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/22/4-ch...n-the-uk-.html

Old 11-16-2021, 03:30 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,898,499 times

Actually, they're not even vaccines. Which is why the CDC changed the definition to comport with the new 1984 reality we currently inhabit.

The CDC Suddenly Changes the Definition of ‘Vaccine’ and ‘Vaccination’

https://www.citizensjournal.us/the-c...d-vaccination/

Vaccines no longer grant "immunity". Only "protection."

Kind of a sideways way of admitting they're full of it, no?

My family were originally from the UK, and what is happening to your society over a virus with such a low mortality rate is an absolute disgrace. Orwell is turning over in his grave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies