Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 05:12 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Casual spread tends to have more to do with time spent with others indoors vs outside.

There were surges in the South the past two summers and then the Northern states got hit as temps cooled and the masses retreated inside.

Old 11-13-2021, 05:30 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Florida has the lowest case rate of any state in the country.....it's on the very bottom of the list

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html
Since President Trump was run out of office for having a bad record on Covid, (and mean Tweets too, of course) & Biden has a worse Covid record (& his mind is gone), it stands to reason that DeSantis's Covid results in such a large state automatically makes him the next President.

DeSantis = good on Covid + sound mind + no mean Tweets

Nothing else matters if you are brainwashed by the media, so DeSantis is your man.

Old 11-13-2021, 11:32 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Since President Trump was run out of office for having a bad record on Covid, (and mean Tweets too, of course) & Biden has a worse Covid record (& his mind is gone), it stands to reason that DeSantis's Covid results in such a large state automatically makes him the next President.

Nothing else matters if you are brainwashed by the media, so DeSantis is your man.
I've seen him speak on YT, and unlike the other political talking heads, he actually makes sense. Rational thought is in extremely short supply in DC.

Old 11-13-2021, 11:34 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
How are they being risk adverse when they recommended pregnant women take the vaccines based on no data. Or when they approved Remdesivir based on one crappy study done by the manufacturer showing marginal benefit?

Doesn’t sound risk adverse to me. They’re taking many risks, all that favor large Pharmaceutical companies. More like “regulatory capture” (aka corruption) if you ask me
CDC needs to be disbanded forthwith.

Covid is over for all intents and purposes. The dweebs in lab coats want to perpetuate it because they're drunk on power. Someone needs to say "ENOUGH" and shove them back in their labs torturing puppies where they belong.

Old 11-13-2021, 01:16 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:

I can already see it. Trump will say DeSantis wasn't born here.

Old 11-13-2021, 01:26 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
I've seen him speak on YT, and unlike the other political talking heads, he actually makes sense. Rational thought is in extremely short supply in DC.
Bingo. Love DeSantis!

Old 11-13-2021, 01:44 PM

17,614 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Florida has done a fantastic job with the pandemic. Thank God I moved here in February 2020. You could not pay me enough to live in a blue or red state run by a Covidiot.

Old 11-13-2021, 02:06 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Florida has done a fantastic job with the pandemic. Thank God I moved here in February 2020. You could not pay me enough to live in a blue or red state run by a Covidiot.
Florida has Monoclonal antibody supply centers spread throughout the state to make sure everyone who needs it can get it. In some other states, it's unavailable. DeSantis is doing a great job on covid.

Old 11-13-2021, 05:32 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Casual spread tends to have more to do with time spent with others indoors vs outside.
My mom in the snowbelt, bless her heart, had been hoping to an extended family Christmas open house this year but even though a really high percentage of the 100+ person guest list is vaxxed or recovered decided to pull and reschedule for May when the weather is good enough to go with a tent on the front lawn option instead.

Which is not only better from a public health standpoint but also means that people can hang out longer and not feel like they have to come in shifts because of limited space inside the house.

I do think she's something of an exception though and there will be other case spikes tied back to large indoor family gatherings.

Old 11-13-2021, 05:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
This has a lot to do with the tourists coming down from the dem states. More people means more cases. The tourist season is over, so less cases. Maybe the dems then go back to their home states and give everyone what they caught while having fun at the beach with other people from other dem states.
In turn, Republicans in Missouri stayed in their state last summer and went to Branson for fun and had that state formerly in the lead for covid cases and packed ICUs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies