Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 01:35 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Sorry, but that's completely wrong. There are all kinds of legitimate statistics supporting both masks and the tax.

And, yes, you prove the point with your bringing up smallpox. People don't get smallpox now because it was eradicated with vaccinations!
vaccines can be amazing. but covid isn't small pox and the vaccines aren't the same, i wish the covid vaccine was as good as the smallpox vaccine.

Old 11-12-2021, 01:58 AM

2,043 posts, read 855,366 times
Quote:
It's strange how so many Republicans find it such a burden to wear a mask, or get a shot (most of us have been getting shots since childhood), as if it's so unbearable and so intrusive. They seem unaware of how easy-going America has been, in comparison with some countries.

And I was thinking about this while watching a news program on television: In Ukraine, there were police boarding public buses, and checking the vaccination status of passengers. Think of that before you complain.
If the vaccines worked? I’d be first in line, VOLUNTARILY!
I know masks. I used to work in the production of ventilation and respirator systems. A rubberized tight fitting double filter 95 masks, they basically make you look like a space alien when worn properly, will indeed filter out most of the coronavirus particles. Only I’ve never seen anyone but myself during the early days of the pandemic wearing one of those. None of you would wear one of those. Things that you do wear? Are absolutely 110% useless and stopping any virus. Period, end of story, it’s all about virtual signaling and even the sheep out there, KNOW IT!

Why do you think the politicians that try to terrorize us daily with “we’re all gonna die from Covid,” don’t take any precautions? Because they know the truth. I know this is a hard concept for many of you to swallow but it really is reality. You are all being duped.

I honestly 110% with every fiber of my being believe the vaccines Have a very nefarious agenda behind them. Do I know what it is? No, I have a couple theories, but at the end of the day I absolutely do know that we are not being sold what is being advertised. Throughout any of this. To me it doesn’t matter what your political affiliation is I’m just asking people to stop for a moment and really think. Democrat, Republican, liberal, conservative it doesn’t matter. Just stop for a minute and really think and ask yourself why.

Old 11-12-2021, 02:24 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
WRONG you are. I didn't come down sick with anything while a mask mandate was in effect last year in my town thru early April of this year.

So...your EVIDENCE that masks work is that you wore a mask and never caught covid?

REALLY? THAT'S your evidence?

WELL, guess what? I have NEVER worn a mask since it all started...and have never caught covid. SO...that's evidence that you do NOT need a mask!

Old 11-12-2021, 02:28 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:
Sorry, but that's completely wrong. There are all kinds of legitimate statistics supporting both masks and the tax.

And, yes, you prove the point with your bringing up smallpox. People don't get smallpox now because it was eradicated with vaccinations!
Smallpox was a sterilizing vax, had no animal vectors and had long term safety studies. It didnt cause 17k deaths and 800k+ adverse events.

Old 11-12-2021, 02:33 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Why do Democrats want government to control every aspect of their lives? I think they like seeing brutal enforcement of safety measures the way they glorify it. They see it like the superhero finally getting the bad guy, replace superhero with big government/academia/msm/morally righteous corporations and replace the villain with anyone who thinks out of step.

decades ago, a liberal neighbor kid had a bumper sticker on his car that said “Question Authority”. I often think about how that phrase was a symbol of progressive values back then. It’s what hippies stood for, fight the man/fight the system. The new generation of progressives do not want to question authority, find large corporations benevolent, and completely trust the same politicians who make up a system that they say is also systematically racist. It is truly bizarre-o

Old 11-12-2021, 02:46 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,584,312 times
I'm sorry, but mask mandates at this point *are* ridiculous. You are asking me to do something I don't want to do in order to protect someone who has chosen not to protect themselves. It is not on me to wear a mask to protect vaccine refuseniks, it is on the vaccine refuseniks to stop being so stubborn and get vaccinated.

Old 11-12-2021, 03:37 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
It's strange how so many Republicans find it such a burden to wear a mask, or get a shot (most of us have been getting shots since childhood), as if it's so unbearable and so intrusive. They seem unaware of how easy-going America has been, in comparison with some countries.
You seem unaware that posters here don't respect posts that falsely label and vilify. That's the typical response from some on the left. It's dishonest

Quote:
And I was thinking about this while watching a news program on television: In Ukraine, there were police boarding public buses, and checking the vaccination status of passengers. Think of that before you complain.
Because someone is worse off has nothing to do with our situation. I was robbed twice last month but it's worse in other places so I should be happy? On what planet does this make sense?

Old 11-12-2021, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Sorry but your response is garbage. We know the cheap masks people are wearing have minimal effect and the studies prove this.

Quote:
Silly to think smallpox and covid are similar.

Old 11-12-2021, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
I'm sorry, but mask mandates at this point *are* ridiculous. You are asking me to do something I don't want to do in order to protect someone who has chosen not to protect themselves. It is not on me to wear a mask to protect vaccine refuseniks,
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
it is on the vaccine refuseniks to stop being so stubborn and get vaccinated.
I'm not at risk. Why do I need a vaccine, especially one that wears off in less than 1 year?

Old 11-12-2021, 03:54 AM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Sorry but your response is garbage. We know the cheap masks people are wearing have minimal effect and the studies prove this.

Silly to think smallpox and covid are similar.
Especially when the mask is worn, on their chin, under their nose, around their neck......but they are good, because they have a mask on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies