Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 04:02 AM

26,466 posts, read 15,053,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
It's strange how so many Republicans find it such a burden to wear a mask, or get a shot (most of us have been getting shots since childhood), as if it's so unbearable and so intrusive. They seem unaware of how easy-going America has been, in comparison with some countries.

And I was thinking about this while watching a news program on television: In Ukraine, there were police boarding public buses, and checking the vaccination status of passengers. Think of that before you complain.
I agree. Think of Hitler before you worry about us going all Mussolini.

Old 11-12-2021, 04:15 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
The good news is that 98.5% of US senior citizens (65 and over) have had at least one jab. 79% of the 12 and over US population has at least one jab. Over time, the jab will just become part of standard care given to all children, so that number will keep going up.

In the mean time, the unvaxxed are much more likely to die from Covid, to that segment will die off quicker than the vaxxed segment.

Let the good times roll.

Old 11-12-2021, 04:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Especially when the mask is worn, on their chin, under their nose, around their neck......but they are good, because they have a mask on.
And not changing them out regularly and not disinfecting like nurses and doctors do while wearing the n95 masks which do help

Old 11-12-2021, 04:38 AM

1,810 posts, read 897,070 times
Quote:
Sorry, but that's completely wrong. There are all kinds of legitimate statistics supporting both masks and the tax.

And, yes, you prove the point with your bringing up smallpox. People don't get smallpox now because it was eradicated with vaccinations!
I got liegit statistics that support NOT wearing the mask. Statistics are like polls. They are easily manipulated.

Old 11-12-2021, 04:38 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,990,227 times
Quote:
It's strange how so many Republicans find it such a burden to wear a mask, or get a shot (most of us have been getting shots since childhood), as if it's so unbearable and so intrusive. They seem unaware of how easy-going America has been, in comparison with some countries.

And I was thinking about this while watching a news program on television: In Ukraine, there were police boarding public buses, and checking the vaccination status of passengers. Think of that before you complain.

This is a conservative approach:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-medical-bills

Why should the vaccinated pay for the treating COVID-19 for people who are not vaccinated?

Old 11-12-2021, 04:46 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
The problem is that the pandemic was politicized. Once that happened, all reason went out the window with many people.

Old 11-12-2021, 04:49 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
I'm sorry, but mask mandates at this point *are* ridiculous. You are asking me to do something I don't want to do in order to protect someone who has chosen not to protect themselves. It is not on me to wear a mask to protect vaccine refuseniks, it is on the vaccine refuseniks to stop being so stubborn and get vaccinated.
The only people being are stubborn are those who still have faith in these failed vaccines. Did you make an appointment for your booster?

Old 11-12-2021, 04:51 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The problem is that the pandemic was politicized. Once that happened, all reason went out the window with many people.
Public health proclamations and edicts are political by definition.

I cannot speak for everyone, but I will never take this vaccine regardless of who is in the WH and which party advocates for it.

Just like I never took a Flu shot in my life and never will!

Old 11-12-2021, 05:21 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:

"It's strange how", you do nothing but complain about repubs.

Are you getting paid to do so?

Old 11-12-2021, 05:29 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
The only people being are stubborn are those who still have faith in these failed vaccines. Did you make an appointment for your booster?

I wouldn't really call them failed vaccines. The problem is this virus is now endemic and spreads like the flu. Flu shots don't have long lasting protection either... they usually are good enough to make it through the winter season, assuming they cover the correct strains that spread around. Throw in hesitancy towards mRNA vaccines and they're really going to need to get Covaxin and Sinovac approved here and even then I don't expect widepread acceptance of every mandatory 6-8 month boosters or masking which will end up having to be indefinite. The also refuse to acknowledge those of us who are young and/or healthy and exercise or take vitamins and zinc and are at little risk if we actually catch Covid... they have this one size fits all solution which should be focused on people age 50+.

We'll see if the authoritarian nanny state continues their push of forced mandates. Several important maintenance people have quit or are quitting in our plant, and they are going to have problems finding new ones. They're likely going to be some down machines in time as more people than I expected are actually quitting, and prematurely in my opinion since it's likely the courts are going to strike down these mandates, which will cause my company to instantly retract them. They were quick to extend the deadline to January when the government made that decision.

Beyond that, people are simply tired of wearing masks at work here, at a plant where you also have to wear safety glasses, which causes them to fog up and is beyond obnoxious when working in a factory. If they are going to stick to the CDC guidance of 10 cases per 100,000 people to remove masks, a lot more will quit in time. I'm hoping that causes them to give us a real raise, say another 5-10% to match the inflation rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies