Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 08:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times

Advertisements

It's strange how so many Republicans find it such a burden to wear a mask, or get a shot (most of us have been getting shots since childhood), as if it's so unbearable and so intrusive. They seem unaware of how easy-going America has been, in comparison with some countries.

And I was thinking about this while watching a news program on television: In Ukraine, there were police boarding public buses, and checking the vaccination status of passengers. Think of that before you complain.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:01 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
It's not the mask, it's the reason for wearing the mask. Which, scientifically and statistically speaking, there is no legitimate reason. If there were, I'd be more than willing to wear it. But I don't typically do things when someone gives me a bogus reason for doing them. I am more apt to accept forty years worth of studies telling me cloth masks are ineffective at stopping viral infections than I am to accept a few months worth of politically motivated studies telling me the opposite.

It's not a refusal to get a vaccine, it's a refusal to get THIS "vaccine." And each day that passes, that reason becomes more and more clear to most people. I guessed it right up front. Thus no "vaccine" for me. BTW, I've probably had more vaccines than you have. But this covid "vaccine" is NOT a vaccine. That's becoming very clear. And when you wake up and see that it isn't, don't blame those of us who refused to be guinea pigs. It's not our fault your "vaccine" didn't work. And before you go off on "well, if you'd have gotten the vaccine, it would have worked," just don't. There are plenty of people walking around who do not have the smallpox vaccine. How many cases of smallpox do you see in the hospital? And even more relevant: how many people who were VACCINATED for smallpox to you see in the hospital with smallpox?

Bottom line... the covid shot AIN'T a vaccine.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:04 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
I've never heard anyone complain about the fact that you have to get a shot in order to receive the vaccine. Not sure if there are other routes of administration for the vaccine, but that's besides the point. The people who are hesitant to receive the vaccine often cite concerns over potential side effects, complications, etc. That's their business and you making fun of them over it isn't going to change their minds. It will only cause them to dig in their heels and resist even harder.

Your tired argument that life sucks in other countries so we should make life suck her too isn't even worth acknowledging, so I won't.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:10 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It's not the mask, it's the reason for wearing the mask. Which, scientifically and statistically speaking, there is no legitimate reason. If there were, I'd be more than willing to wear it. But I don't typically do things when someone gives me a bogus reason for doing them. I am more apt to accept forty years worth of studies telling me cloth masks are ineffective at stopping viral infections than I am to accept a few months worth of politically motivated studies telling me the opposite.

It's not a refusal to get a vaccine, it's a refusal to get THIS "vaccine." And each day that passes, that reason becomes more and more clear to most people. I guessed it right up front. Thus no "vaccine" for me. BTW, I've probably had more vaccines than you have. But this covid "vaccine" is NOT a vaccine. That's becoming very clear. And when you wake up and see that it isn't, don't blame those of us who refused to be guinea pigs. It's not our fault your "vaccine" didn't work. And before you go off on "well, if you'd have gotten the vaccine, it would have worked," just don't. There are plenty of people walking around who do not have the smallpox vaccine. How many cases of smallpox do you see in the hospital? And even more relevant: how many people who were VACCINATED for smallpox to you see in the hospital with smallpox?

Bottom line... the covid shot AIN'T a vaccine.
Sorry, but that's completely wrong. There are all kinds of legitimate statistics supporting both masks and the tax.

And, yes, you prove the point with your bringing up smallpox. People don't get smallpox now because it was eradicated with vaccinations!

Old 11-11-2021, 09:11 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
We act onerus because that's how we keep these rights and liberties. There's absolutely no reason to live in a country where police are doing random vaccine checks with a virus that is relatively tame and endemic in nature.

Many of these policies cross the line. It's ironic that the media's peddling of narratives and selective reporting has made people trust the vaccines less. It's natural for human beings to want to resist authority figures also. The people who want vaccines can get them. The unvaccinated are no danger to them, assuming they keep up with their boosters...every 4-6 months for Pfizer, 8 months for Moderna.

In the meantime, people can exercise, take zinc, vitamin D, and other preventives, while we wait for Covaxin, sinovac, and other whole virus vaccines that should sway many undecided people over mRNA technology.

The real question here, is what is the end game? Masks forever? This virus is not going away any time soon, probably not this decade. I'm pleased I have been able to go pretty much wherever I want around here mask free since last spring.

Last edited by sholomar; 11-11-2021 at 09:22 PM..

Old 11-11-2021, 09:15 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
You mean like Randi Weingarten, head of the teacher’s union who believes kids as young as age 2 should be masked all day, everyday at school but removed her own mask during a conference because people head a hard time hearing her?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tea...s-mask-indoors

Quote:
American Federation of Teachers (AFT) President Randi Weingarten, who has called for "universal masking" in schools, is facing criticism after she removed her mask at the 2021 SOMOS conference in Puerto Rico because those in attendance were "having a hard time hearing" what she had to say.
Or Gavin Newsom’s night out with a group at French Laundry when indoor dining was closed to regular folks?

Or when the Denver mayor told people to stay home for the holidays and promptly hopped on a plane to visit family out of state?

Old 11-11-2021, 09:27 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Sorry, but that's completely wrong. There are all kinds of legitimate statistics supporting both masks and the tax.
Sorry. I've read the relevant (pre covid) scientific literature concerning masks. Tells me all I need to know. And since the laws of physics do not change, there is no point in reading biased and politically motivated post-covid literature.

Unless you are a time traveler, your second premise is flawed.

Quote:
And, yes, you prove the point with your bringing up smallpox. People don't get smallpox now because it was eradicated with vaccinations!
Okay, go back in the data and show me how many people who were vaccinated for smallpox actually got smallpox at a later date (we're talking before it was eradicated). Cite me that statistic and then cite me the same statistic for covid. And then, once you've done that, tell me, with a straight face, that the covid shot is an effective vaccine in the traditional definition of the word (i.e., do not change the English language and science in order to make it fit the definition).

Old 11-11-2021, 09:28 PM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
So tired of people like you. Just stay home and go away.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:35 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
I am against the hard push for a nationwide vaccine mandate. The fact that the vaccine is the Pfizer one makes an already bad situation even worse. It's heinous that despite the Pfizer vaccine has caused so much injury to many who took it yet not only is it still being used but it is now being pushed on kids! It worries me that my grandkids could well end up having the Pfizer vaccine forced on them. Their Dad is hoping for a better option for them.

I am not an anti-vaxxer. In fact, I got the J&J one. Right now, I'm not quite on board with getting the booster shot. As previously mentioned, where is Novavax? That's one I would be far more comfortable getting.

If the government wants more people vaccinated, then bring on the vaccines that people would feel more comfortable getting.

As for masks---Fauci told us in the beginning that masks don't work. Then he did a 180 and said everybody should wear masks. Then he said "Wear 2 masks". So many who caught COVID diligently masked up. That said, if a business asks for masks, I will wear one. In my state, the law says masks are required in medical facilities and dental offices and I adhere to that.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:40 PM

3,075 posts, read 3,262,375 times
Quote:
And I was thinking about this while watching a news program on television: In Ukraine, there were police boarding public buses, and checking the vaccination status of passengers. Think of that before you complain.
How is that far off from not being able to eat a burger in a joint in Cali without having your "papers"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies