Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 09:08 AM

382 posts, read 122,629 times

Advertisements

Singapore has been providing free healthcare to all of its citizens, but starting on Dec 8, this free healthcare is cancelled for the unvaccinated.

"The Government is currently footing the full COVID-19 medical bills of all Singaporeans, Permanent Residents and Long-Term Pass Holders (SCs/PRs/LTPHs)

...from 8 December 2021, we will begin charging COVID-19 patients who are unvaccinated by choice".
https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highligh...phase_8Nov2021

"Currently, unvaccinated persons make up a sizeable majority of those who require intensive inpatient care, and disproportionately contribute to the strain on our healthcare resources."

But a look at the data shows very small numbers of patients, averaging under 100 per day in the ICU in the entire country. In addition, the vast majority of these patients are elderly, aged 60 and above. https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/statistics

The vast majority of those who are dying from covid in Singapore are those 60 and older, regardless of their vaccination status. Those 60+ are a vulnerable group who probably have even less capacity to pay such bills. Meanwhile, is Singapore seeking damages from China? I am not aware.

Meanwhile, others pile on, calling for stripping the unvaccinated of medicare: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Medicare.html

Have any countries around the world sought to increase numbers of ICUs or capacity of ICUs? If not, why not? Don't governments have a responsibility to their citizens, during a global pandemic, to increase the capacities of their healthcare systems to provide care? I have not read anything yet about calls for increasing ICUs. If they are not making efforts to do this, then they are not making good-faith efforts to provide care for all their citizens, instead seeking to point a finger at one group for the blame.

Also, how is it compassionate or just to target any citizens of any nation right now, in a global pandemic? All the people worldwide are victims of a pathogen that has been forced upon them, and that they have to in some way deal with. And now, to go after taxpaying citizens of nations around the world and to target them in this way, I just can't imagine.

And I have not seen any efforts of any governments around the world to seek compensation from China for damages; China is responsible for the pandemic and so far has not been held accountable in any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 09:14 AM

2,369 posts, read 897,344 times
In the US, the unvaccinated can get canned.
In Singapore, the unvaccinated can get caned.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:17 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,773,151 times
What society is doing to the unvaccinated is disgusting.

Time for the unvaccinated to stop paying health care premiums if they try that nonsense here. I'll take my $700 a month, and $5000 deductible, which I barely use because I take care of myself, and put it towards something else. Should be interesting to see who pays for the obese diabetics, druggies, and other sickly people when people like me opt out.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:19 AM

3,053 posts, read 1,505,757 times
If the disease has really spread thru the deer pop and the deer is the reservoir, then it wont matter, vaccinated, unvaccinated. The reservoir has already been established.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:24 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,422,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
What society is doing to the unvaccinated is disgusting.

Time for the unvaccinated to stop paying health care premiums if they try that nonsense here. I'll take my $700 a month, and $5000 deductible, which I barely use because I take care of myself, and put it towards something else. Should be interesting to see who pays for the obese diabetics, druggies, and other sickly people when people like me opt out.
The unvaccinated are increasing the cost of healthcare. And are triaging people who don’t have COVID but have serious medical issues to the back burner because the unvaccinated are overwhelming hospital beds.

Take your chances with no medical insurance? Let us know how that works out if/when you have a serious emergency.

Oh - and diabetics are not obese.

How Christian of you.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:25 AM

41,665 posts, read 17,264,873 times
Meanwhile the number of vaccinated cases in the hospitals are rising.
And this is being totally ignored why ?????

Here in SC 30% of those hospitalized (9/15-10/15) were vaccinated people.

https://scdhec.gov/covid19/covid-19-...lly-vaccinated

Old 11-12-2021, 09:32 AM

4,396 posts, read 2,137,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Oh - and diabetics are not obese.

Really?

Diabetics may not be fat but being fat can contribute to being diabetic.

https://www.diabetescarecommunity.ca...sity-diabetes/

"Most people have heard that there is a link between obesity and diabetes. The reality is that being obese or even overweight can increase your chances of developing type 2 diabetes.

According to the Canadian Obesity Network, one in four Canadian adults and one in 10 children have clinical obesity. Research also shows that if you’re obese, your chances of developing type 2 diabetes are 80 times greater than those of people whose body mass index (BMI) is within a normal range (under 25)."

Old 11-12-2021, 09:39 AM

5,068 posts, read 1,997,500 times
More easy to scapegoat the unvaccinated than the big companies like Pfizer who put a vaccine developped like how General Motors developped the Chevrolet Vega.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:40 AM

3,053 posts, read 1,505,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Really?

Diabetics may not be fat but being fat can contribute to being diabetic.

https://www.diabetescarecommunity.ca...sity-diabetes/

"Most people have heard that there is a link between obesity and diabetes. The reality is that being obese or even overweight can increase your chances of developing type 2 diabetes.

According to the Canadian Obesity Network, one in four Canadian adults and one in 10 children have clinical obesity. Research also shows that if you’re obese, your chances of developing type 2 diabetes are 80 times greater than those of people whose body mass index (BMI) is within a normal range (under 25)."
there are plenty of type 1 diabetics, and there is a category of adult onset type 1 which is genetic and can be mistaken for type 2. So you cant always link obesity to diabetes. Or diet either. Don't paint everyone with such a broad brush.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:54 AM

4,497 posts, read 4,993,263 times
I read in the Chicago Tribune this morning an article by Paul Wiseman from the Associated Press that the biden adminstration wants Americans to spy on and report those that are not vaccinated.

Quote: To enforce President joe biden's forthcoming Covid-19 mandate, the U.S. Labor Department is going to need a lot of help. Its Occupational Safety and Heath Administration doesn't have nearly enough workplace safety inspectors to do the job.
So the government will rely upon a corps of informers to identify violations of the order: Employees who will presumably be concerned enough to turn in their own employers if their co-workers go unvaccinated or fail to undergo weekly tests to show they're virus-free.End Quote

This is where the country is heading , welcome to 1938 Germany !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies