Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 09:38 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

It amazes me how easily a political movement can influence long standing definitions of things in our society, especially when it comes to science. Don't like the long standing definition, have it changed to suit your beliefs.
Below is a short video of an MD who is not against vaccines, but rather opposes mandates of them, and he is now lumped into the anti-vax crowd;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChLeF5wXLmg

`

This next video shows shows Dr. Peter Doshi speaking on Capitol Hill on this very subject along with a couple of other interesting things surrounding covid, mandates, definitions, etc.;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8ShvWc0_kw&t=19s

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 09:39 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
It's called PROPAGANDA.

And they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Now can people understand when folks have said that history books have been whitewashed over the years and changed ?

Old 11-12-2021, 09:39 AM

6,023 posts, read 2,843,063 times

Old 11-12-2021, 09:49 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
I guess I'm an anti-vaxxer, even though I got the shot. These people need to go to hell.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:52 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,791,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I guess I'm an anti-vaxxer, even though I got the shot. These people need to go to hell.
To borrow Gov Abbott's words, they can Pound Sand.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:54 AM

6,385 posts, read 2,707,824 times
There is no grey area for these people who are continually redefining terms to meet their agenda.

You could be someone who has gotten every single vaccine offered, you could be for the requirement for kids to get smallpox and polio vaccines in order to attend school. You could even be for suggesting people get the COVID "vaccines".

But if you speak out against forcing anyone to get the COVID "vaccine" you are now an "Anti-Vaxxer" who must be silenced. And people go right along with it as if this is totally normal.

Old 11-12-2021, 10:01 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
There is no grey area for these people who are continually redefining terms to meet their agenda.

You could be someone who has gotten every single vaccine offered, you could be for the requirement for kids to get smallpox and polio vaccines in order to attend school. You could even be for suggesting people get the COVID "vaccines".

But if you speak out against forcing anyone to get the COVID "vaccine" you are now an "Anti-Vaxxer" who must be silenced. And people go right along with it as if this is totally normal.
I don't recall if it was Joe Rogan or Ben Shapiro who said (paraphrasing) they were shocked how quickly people just started to comply with government orders, even the ones that made no sense.

`

Old 11-12-2021, 10:09 AM

2,043 posts, read 855,366 times
Fauci tried to sneak in the other day and change the definition of what “gain of function research” is. Literally changed the wording of it on his NIH website so he would technically not be lying anymore. This kind of stuff is unreal and it’s criminal.

Old 11-12-2021, 10:09 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
which dictionary?

Merriam-Webster, which I believe is the standard, hasn't changed

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anti-vaccine

or do you mean literally "anti-vaxxer" which would really be a colloquialism?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anti-vaxxer

Quote:
a person who opposes the use of vaccines or regulations mandating vaccination
which may merely be an entry based upon a snippet of an article written by bad journalists?

I mean, classically "or" would be you fit in the category if you oppose 1 or the other. But with where the English language is these days it could mean "and" and often is used that way.

Old 11-12-2021, 10:13 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
...as a collector of old books, mostly bibles and dictionaries, it's amazing how the vernacular of the times dictates the definition of a word regardless of that word having an already established definition...

...in 1915, when your buddy commented that "you were a little gay when you left the bar last night"...he wasn't calling you a sodomite...he was saying you were a tad tipsy, aka drunk...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies