Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 12:44 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,231,744 times

Advertisements

Another medical institution has been infected with the mental illness known as woke CRT.

Quote:
The American Medical Association recently released a guide on “Advancing Health Equity” that promotes how to fight for critical race theory, includes a list of words not to say and their “equity-focused alternatives,” and criticizes concepts like “meritocracy,” “individualism” and the “‘free’ market.”

The 55-page document released on Oct. 28 cites a guide by the organization Race Forward for how to advocate for critical race theory (CRT), which is called “Guide to Counter-Narrating the Attacks on Critical Race Theory.”

The health equity guide argues physicians cannot eliminate “health inequities” by “focus[ing] only on individuals, their behavior or their biology.” It says they instead must focus on language and collective political circumstances of certain groups.

“Given the deep divides that exist between groups in the United States, understanding and empathy can be extremely challenging for many because of an inability to really ‘walk a mile in another’s shoes’ in a racialized sense,” a preface to the American Medical Association (AMA) guide says. “Collectively, we have an opportunity and obligation to overcome these fissures and create spaces for understanding and healing.”
https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/a...equity-guide-2

The illness continues to spread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzHf...hannel=FoxNews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 12:48 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
“Given the deep divides that exist between groups in the United States, understanding and empathy can be extremely challenging for many because of an inability to really ‘walk a mile in another’s shoes’ in a racialized sense,” a preface to the American Medical Association (AMA) guide says. “Collectively, we have an opportunity and obligation to overcome these fissures and create spaces for understanding and healing.”
Seems pretty on-point to me. Why anyone would object to this is strange. It seems like your media sources have told you to be against CRT, and now every time someone from the right hears the term, they automatically rail.

It just seems funny. The people who are so against biased media, and who accuse other of being sheep are doing the same.

Exactly what is so bad about understanding and empathy? How can you be against understanding?

Old 11-12-2021, 12:48 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I don't see what any of this has to do with medicine. There are actually some legit issues in the medical field when it comes to race, nationality, and sex that really are important when dealing with someones health problems, but CRT adds nothing.

Old 11-12-2021, 12:53 PM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Seems pretty on-point to me. Why anyone would object to this is strange. It seems like your media sources have told you to be against CRT, and now every time someone from the right hears the term, they automatically rail.

It just seems funny. The people who are so against biased media, and who accuse other of being sheep are doing the same.

Exactly what is so bad about understanding and empathy? How can you be against understanding?
I haven’t read the entire 55 pages, have you?

Old 11-12-2021, 12:55 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Why would ama advocate for crt? Please, somebody...make sense of this.

Old 11-12-2021, 12:56 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,231,744 times
Quote:

You really do not understand what CRT is and its divisive doctrine.

I'd start with that, then come back.

Old 11-12-2021, 01:00 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
You really do not understand what CRT is and its divisive doctrine.

I'd start with that, then come back.
I keep hearing how it's a policy to blame people for their whiteness. But when I ask people for evidence that it really is that, and not just their opinion, nobody produces it. In another thread, we had a poster swear on her mother's grave that they were taught that "all whites were racists" in their teacher training, so I asked them to show it to me. Crickets.

What I quoted seemed reasonable.

BTW, I agree. It's not clear to me why AMA would comment on CRT at all. That seems inappropriate. My only point is that from what I hear, it is about teaching history. That people feel it says "all whites are racists" has never been substantiated to me. If someone can show me that they are actually teaching that as a POLICY, I'll be the first to say it's wrong. (Sort of wrong. I believe nearly all HUMANS are racists at some level, so singling out any one race, black or white, is wrong in my book.)

Old 11-12-2021, 01:05 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Don't you all remember the new head of the CDC said racism was a public health threat ?

Old 11-13-2021, 04:21 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
So I read the document. The summary is basically this: minorities are emotionally weak and need to be handled with kid gloves. Therefore, the superior educated white medical professionals need to change how they talk to them so the weak minded minorities aren’t upset too much at the words white people have determined to be hurtful to them.

Sounds pretty racist to me to think that you need to treat certain people differently because on their skin tone.

Old 11-13-2021, 04:40 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Why should I have empathy for somebody solely based on their race or skin color?

What kind of understanding is that supposed to mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies