Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 06:39 AM

25,155 posts, read 12,317,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
We sold our second car. We also drive less. And fast 1/2 day one day a week. I'm in CA, here the gas is 5 dollars per gallon. It might be 6 around Easter. Not good.

Anyway, people will still vote for Biden/democrats here. We'll see next year the elections for midterm. The democrats will probably win again.
The radical Libs will vote Dem even if gas is $100/gallon. Proof? Detroit still has a Dem Mayor...in his 2nd term, and the city has been decimated by Dems for 70+ years...lost 60% of its population since 1950.

The moderate Dems will ditch the Dems, unless abortion is a huge issue for them. Then, they may vote Dem again, or may stay home.

Indy's will ditch Dems, unless abortion is big to them.

Pubs will retake the house, but not the Senate in 2022. In 2024, Pubs will be in complete control again, & unwind what is being done now.

The high inflation we have now is mostly felt by the bottom 50%. I dont think many of them are here in this forum, so we are not getting a clear picture of the pain that is being felt by 1/2 of Americans, who live paycheck to paycheck.

Biden handlers' attack on the energy sector, and paying workers to stay home, poured gas on the fires caused by shutting down the economy, in a gross over-reaction to covid by gov't. Feds caused this entire mess.

The feds can't slow inflation by raising interest rates (as they normally do) because it would cause the interest payments on our enormous debt to skyrocket. Soon, interest will cost us more than national defense...another enormous mess the Feds got us all into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 08:08 AM

22,181 posts, read 29,145,284 times
Not at all.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:16 AM

4,231 posts, read 2,419,631 times
"Brandonflation" lol.

Are you aware that the multi-trillion dollar Covid response was signed by Trump? Are you aware that the Trump admin, even prior to Covid, was running record high deficits in a supposedly "booming economy?"

Old 11-14-2021, 08:28 AM

4,225 posts, read 1,583,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I’m still waiting for my reparations. According to liberals, I’m a helpless victim without them.

I’ll let you know when they come.
Didn’t you get your stimulus?

Old 11-14-2021, 08:33 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,434,368 times
Well, if you heat your house with natural gas, you're going to feel a pinch there. Groceries are much higher and my gasoline budget doesn't fill my tank anymore. All of these realities for middle class Americans can be mapped back to Biden admin policies and actions.

If they close Pipeline 5, there will be Americans who freeze to death this winter. The Biden admin doesn't care. They'll use Covid to take your freedom and if that ever dies down, they will replace it with climate change.

Old 11-14-2021, 09:29 AM

24,161 posts, read 9,104,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Didn’t you get your stimulus?

Liberals said that didn't count. I'm oppressed by racist highways and bridges.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:20 AM

13,991 posts, read 4,425,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
My homes doubled in price.
It's awesome for the rich if they have multiple properties under Brandon Administration.

It's not so good if you are first time home buyer or only own one property and wants to upgrade to a bigger or newer property/home

Old 11-14-2021, 10:27 AM

6,081 posts, read 4,553,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
It's awesome for the rich if they have multiple properties under Brandon Administration.

It's not so good if you are first time home buyer or only own one property and wants to upgrade to a bigger or newer property/home
I wouldn't want to be a first time homebuyer now either, but if home values were flat or declining, would you be praising Biden?

If they were rising when Trump was in office (which they were), would you be criticizing him because of it becoming more expensive to buy a home, especially with the stagnant wages that have existed?

Somehow, I'm guessing not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies