Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 09:23 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
People have no control over who they're attracted to.
Bull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2021, 09:24 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think everyone hates pedophilia...but as to the above post, that is not pedophilia, I thought the correct term was Hebephilia, but maybe Im wrong.

Imo, people use the incorrect term, (pedophilia), to make it sound worse/harsher than it is. Calling someone a Hebephiliac/ephebophile doesnt sound as horrible.
Not for nothing, but whether they're called a pedophile or an ephebophile will make little difference if they are around my daughters.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:27 AM

24,489 posts, read 17,226,594 times
There is nothing more sick than a loser sexually assaulting a child and we need to call them what they are, predators.

Why would anyone seek to protect these losers by destigmatizing their crimes by softening the words used to describe them.

What is it with the Left that often throws the victim aside in order to help the criminal?

It is a sickness and it is spreading as they introduce kids at ever younger ages to sex ed. transgendered and all manner of depravity.

Let kids be kids and this is America where we try to protect our kids from the ugliness of the world and the predators that would harm them.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:27 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
This is not new and you'll be seeing more of these attempts to normalize pedophilia. There are psychologists who are saying it's just a sexual preference and that children can consent.

Why do you think they're giving children more freedom and ability to give consent for things involving their bodies while taking the responsibility out of the hands of parents? This is the end game.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:31 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Quote:
I think everyone hates pedophilia...but as to the above post, that is not pedophilia, I thought the correct term was Hebephilia, but maybe Im wrong.

Imo, people use the incorrect term, (pedophilia), to make it sound worse/harsher than it is. Calling someone a Hebephiliac/ephebophile doesnt sound as horrible.
After doing another quick Google search is appears hebe is 11-14, and the other term (ephebophile) is 15-19. I'll try to remember this but will probably forget. Someone in Reddit once got triggered over someone's improper use of EDT when it should have been EST...you learn something new everyday...then forget it later.

In any case 18 is plenty young...if an older male (above age 30) gets caught with someone under 18 they should probably end up with some prison time. Of course we never seem to hold women to the same standard and even have men cheering these boys on and wishing an older woman had approached them. That is so silly and hypocritical, the idea boys that age will be horny but the girls won't... Whatever rules we make should apply evenly....but they won't because men give women softer treatment. It's a biological reality of our species (another one)

In any case, I got my two cents in so I'm done with this thread.

Last edited by sholomar; 11-13-2021 at 09:45 AM..

Old 11-13-2021, 09:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
After doing another quick Google search is appears hebe is 11-14, and the other term used above was 15-19. I'll try to remember this but will probably forget. Someone in Reddit once got triggered over someone's improper use of EDT when it should have been EST...you learn something new everyday...then forget it later.
Why would there be a term for attraction to 19 yr olds? LOL They are adults at that time, and to be attracted to an adult is normal.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:34 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Bull.
When did you decide what you find sexually attractive?

Old 11-13-2021, 09:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Why would there be a term for attraction to 19 yr olds? LOL They are adults at that time, and to be attracted to an adult is normal.
I agree. Who DOESN'T find 19 year olds attractive?

Thus the jokes about college co-eds and the pool boy.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:38 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Why is this lol? I appreciate the post and someone providing information. I didn’t know there was a distinction. I assume it’s pre and post puberty but I don’t actually know anything about this topic.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:42 AM

2,042 posts, read 855,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Well what is now thrown around as being a "pedophile" by the masses is actually as already mentioned really ephebophile, and was the norm through most of our species, even in this country. People can stay in denial and pretend men aren't interested in 14 year old girls but there are countless high profile examples of celebrities and musicians both rock and rap that engage in sex or even try to marry women in this age group.

Elvis meat his wife Priscilla when she was 14, he was 24, as just one of infinite examples. Girls used to get married at 14-15 in this country. You can research every culture/empire in the history of our species....they were ALL having sex at puberty. Sex and marrying after 18 is the exception and mostly a modern concept. Its just the facts, just the science. As a history geek I can't find a single empire that was an exception. What age was Mary when she supposedly got pregnant with Jesus? Need I say more?

I don't know what implications this should have for our culture today, I'm just telling you how many males are genetically wired. Do with it or think about it as you wish. Should this behavior be re normalized? I would lean towards saying no and keeping the age of consent at at least 16 to be the best for culture. The younger a person is the less ability they have to make healthy choices, so we set rules to protect them from themselves....and from others. It's the same reason I oppose minors changing genders.
Just because something CAN happen doesn’t make it right! And as humans we have self control over our actions. I don’t see a 14 year old girl as a woman and never will! I don’t care how physically developed she might be at that age, her brain is still developing and very much still a child. 14 is way too young to responsibly engage in sex.

What people like the article in the OP don’t understand, is that when a child is molested it’s a lifelong sentence. I have dated and was also married to a woman was molested throughout her childhood and she had psychological issues that ran very deep and affected all aspects of her life. Why? So some sick uncle of hers could get his thrills? Sorry, I’ll never accept this concept. We set the legality of consensual sex at 16-18 in most states for a reason. And in my opinion, even the states that allow 16-year-olds to give consent should reevaluate it because at 16 you’re still not there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies