Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 10:40 AM

2,004 posts, read 864,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Right and wrong in terms of natural selection and evolution doesn't exist. That's my answer. It's the same reason I generally oppose masks and vaccine mandates. For people who like to ponder intellectual depths and question prevailing culture mores and truths for their own sake, I particularly love issues that people have strong emotional reactions towards...the existential truths they find self evident.

The only rules we have as a species are rules we impose upon ourselves. Look at YouTube videos of how psychopaths think and listen to them talk. It's fascinating. Their brain wiring completely rejects conventional value systems.

And to the poster above....big difference between 6 and 14. One has not gone through puberty, one has. Apples to oranges comparison. I've already said I support age of consent laws. I've also said they get broken. I'm more interested in the "why" than anything.
Right and wrong in terms of it being of your opinion. We have the ability to reason and think beyond our urges, well some of us are capable. And, your 6 and 14 puberty age thought process barely passes the smell test. My significant other's granddaughter began her menstrual cycle at age seven. Pediatrician claimed 8 yrs old is the new norm. So, are you claiming that children are fair game because of natural selection and evolution? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2021, 10:48 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,954 times
Quote:
Well what is now thrown around as being a "pedophile" by the masses is actually as already mentioned really ephebophile, and was the norm through most of our species, even in this country. People can stay in denial and pretend men aren't interested in 14 year old girls but there are countless high profile examples of celebrities and musicians both rock and rap that engage in sex or even try to marry women in this age group.

Elvis meat his wife Priscilla when she was 14, he was 24, as just one of infinite examples. Girls used to get married at 14-15 in this country. You can research every culture/empire in the history of our species....they were ALL having sex at puberty. Sex and marrying after 18 is the exception and mostly a modern concept. Its just the facts, just the science. As a history geek I can't find a single empire that was an exception. What age was Mary when she supposedly got pregnant with Jesus? Need I say more?

I don't know what implications this should have for our culture today, I'm just telling you how many males are genetically wired. Do with it or think about it as you wish. Should this behavior be re normalized? I would lean towards saying no and keeping the age of consent at at least 16 to be the best for culture. The younger a person is the less ability they have to make healthy choices, so we set rules to protect them from themselves....and from others. It's the same reason I oppose minors changing genders.
Muhammad the prophet of the Muslim faith had sex with nine year old Ayesha and married her at age of seven.
Sahin Muslim Book 008 Number 3311.
Quote:
'Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (May peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old.
Sahih Muslim Book 008, Hadith Number 3311. - Hadith Collection

Old 11-13-2021, 10:49 AM

2,897 posts, read 991,587 times
My neighbor when I was a kid was a pedophile and preyed upon every child he came into contact with. His son also had the same proclivities. But he did not act upon them. He was disgusted with himself, in fact, because he knew the damage it would cause. I assume that he had been molested by his own father, so he had firsthand experience with the effects of sexual abuse. He used to scare me because I knew he wanted to touch me. But he never did. His father, on the other hand, took every opportunity. (These men were in their 70s and 50s, respectively, when I was about 5 years old.)

The fact is, you can't punish a person for thought crimes, only actual crimes. Now that I'm an adult, I can actually feel something akin to sympathy for the son because I can see the bigger picture... the picture that I couldn't see when I was a scared kid. I'm ALL for punishing pedophiles who act on their impulses. And I don't know if anything can be done to help those who have the desire but don't act on them.

I'm not sure it's normalizing the behavior to want to try to help someone overcome those impulses or to make sure they never act upon them. The "non-offending" part of the equation is the most important part. If something can be done to make sure they stay that way, I'm all for it. I would guess that talking about it would be the first step. Most non-offending pedophiles wouldn't feel comfortable speaking out, which doesn't help them with their problems. There has to be a faction of people who are willing to help them, so I understand the motive behind this.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:50 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Right and wrong in terms of it being of your opinion. We have the ability to reason and think beyond our urges, well some of us are capable. And, your 6 and 14 puberty age thought process barely passes the smell test. My significant other's granddaughter had her began her menstrual cycle begin at age seven. Pediatrician claimed 8 yrs old is the new norm. So, are you claiming that children are fair game because of natural selection and evolution? Really?
I support age of consent laws. Giving into any and all cravings just because we have them usually ends badly. Part of the reason society is going to s*** is because we become so hedonistic we only worry about what how we feel in the moment. Just because someone has a craving doesn't mean they should be able to exercise it. People have urges to murder each other but we don't let them do it. Same reason I would never support gender changes for minors. We make rules for them because it's good for them. Treating them like adults somehow seems like a step backwards. We have to rise above our animal urges and cravings to some degree.

We set the cutoff line at 16-18 which I think is fine. Minors should focus on education because knowledge is power. What of the men who cheer every time they hear a story about a teacher having sex with her male students? Clearly there is a level of congnative dissonance with this issue.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:56 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,574,906 times
Quote:
After doing another quick Google search is appears hebe is 11-14, and the other term (ephebophile) is 15-19. I'll try to remember this but will probably forget. Someone in Reddit once got triggered over someone's improper use of EDT when it should have been EST...you learn something new everyday...then forget it later.

In any case 18 is plenty young...if an older male (above age 30) gets caught with someone under 18 they should probably end up with some prison time. Of course we never seem to hold women to the same standard and even have men cheering these boys on and wishing an older woman had approached them. That is so silly and hypocritical, the idea boys that age will be horny but the girls won't... Whatever rules we make should apply evenly....but they won't because men give women softer treatment. It's a biological reality of our species (another one)

In any case, I got my two cents in so I'm done with this thread.

So Joe is a Hebephile on the Pedo cusp. Like you said, learn something new every day.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:57 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
University professor Allyn Walker wrote a book about people who are attracted to minors, a group he believes is misunderstood and should be destigmatized. She also wrote that often referred to as ‘pedophiles'” and looks at the “lives of non-offending minor-attracted persons (MAPs),” a term used to describe the group because it is less stigmatizing than a word like “pedophile,”

So they want a rebranding of the name pedophile now. What is wrong with this country?

https://dailycaller.com/2021/11/12/u...d-to-children/
I believe our responsibility is to protect our children at all cost from these sleazy sick people. Honestly, who in their right mind believes that those people should be validated? They need serious help

Old 11-13-2021, 10:59 AM

2,897 posts, read 991,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I believe our responsibility is to protect our children at all cost from these sleazy sick people. Honestly, who in their right mind believes that those people should be validated? They need serious help
I believe this is what they're trying to do. In helping the sick people, children will ultimately be protected. With no help, the risk of offending is probably much higher.

Old 11-13-2021, 11:02 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
University professor Allyn Walker wrote a book about people who are attracted to minors, a group he believes is misunderstood and should be destigmatized. She also wrote that often referred to as ‘pedophiles'” and looks at the “lives of non-offending minor-attracted persons (MAPs),” a term used to describe the group because it is less stigmatizing than a word like “pedophile,”

So they want a rebranding of the name pedophile now. What is wrong with this country?

https://dailycaller.com/2021/11/12/u...d-to-children/
I think the term 'Kiddie Fiddler' or 'Potential Kiddie Fiddler' is a more apt description.

Old 11-13-2021, 11:05 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
I believe this is what they're trying to do. In helping the sick people, children will ultimately be protected. With no help, the risk of offending is probably much higher.
Once a pedophile always a pedophile...there is no getting around that fact.

Old 11-13-2021, 11:07 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
People have no control over who they're attracted to. I don't have a problem with the fact that there are people who are attracted to minors. With all the billions of people on the planet, it would be weird if there weren't any.

What people DO have control over is their actions. If you're attracted to minors, then you have my sympathy and my best wishes in dealing with that problem. Act on that attraction and it's an entirely different situation. Act on it with someone I know and you'll be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life.
Good post. There is a difference between attraction and action.

I might also add that, when I was 16, I was attracted to a lot of minors. Did that make me a sick criminal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies