Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 10:11 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times

Advertisements

It appears Mexican cartels have a history of taking over small towns.

I moved to Atlanta area in 1997 and remember hearing about the cartels in the area back then.
Not sure legalization really is the source of the problem.

https://www.wwaytv3.com/mexican-cart...traffic-drugs/
CNN - Mexican drug cartels' sophistication prompts worry - November 28, 1997
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 10:14 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
The DEA is why the cartels have become so powerful.

The cartels and DEA work hand in hand, they both rely on each other, if one were to fall, the other would fall as well.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:29 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,697,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Do most people really want it to be legal? Do most parents want their kids to be pot smokers? Or is it just a small percentage of highly vocal trained communists like SJWs, Antifa, BLM, and liberals who make a huge hoopla over anything they choose.

I doubt most people want or think about tearing down all those statues or changing the way policing is done. Yet here we are seeing all these changes.

But this country is definitely going down the toilet.
Only the losers that have realized that they will never be successful and have to settle for a minimum wage job and probably live in their parents basement forever want it legalized. It is how they choose to cope with their miserable future.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:35 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times
we just had a presidential election in which both candidates were against legalization. Look at what a long drawn out process it has become to get if from voter approved to actual sales. Politicians don't want pot legalized, they just don't have the balls to tell the truth.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
we just had a presidential election in which both candidates were against legalization. Look at what a long drawn out process it has become to get if from voter approved to actual sales. Politicians don't want pot legalized, they just don't have the balls to tell the truth.
Thankfully this is America...Im waiting for the day when someone stands up to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights (in relation to drug laws)...maybe that would send a strong enough message to the corrupt politicians and Govt agencies that depend on the drug war to put food on the table?!

Totally amazing to me, that in 2021, so many American citizens still are brainwashed to believe drugs are EVIL, or that users are going to go on killing sprees. LOL We are seriously stuck in the 1930s.

Old 11-14-2021, 11:04 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,283,969 times
Democrats got this! they will keep us safe. They indicted Steve Bannon. Everything will return to normal.

Old 11-14-2021, 11:15 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,279,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Only the losers that have realized that they will never be successful and have to settle for a minimum wage job and probably live in their parents basement forever want it legalized. It is how they choose to cope with their miserable future.
Usage where I work is so high because we all make $25 to $35 an hour so we have the extra disposable income to enjoy ourselves. It's all cultural mores. Why don't we just ban alcohol while we're at it it's equally hazardous to the culture. I respect straight edge people who would ban alcohol and marijuana because at least they have consistency with their principles.

The ones that harp on marijuana well drinking tons of alcohol they're just sheep, indoctrinated from a young age with dogma. The fact is marijuana is less harmful than alcohol. There is no disputing this fact as somebody who has dealt with both. Also you can ask any police officer which type of people actually give them more of a problem when they get pulled over..... It's not even close.

Authoritarians are all the same they want everybody assimilating into the little hive mind collective no room for differing opinions or freedom of choice. The cancel culture left or the Puritan right pick your poison. I would take the Puritans if I hadnt known so many that were hypocritical wife-beating alcoholics in my day....

Old 11-15-2021, 05:37 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,697,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Usage where I work is so high because we all make $25 to $35 an hour so we have the extra disposable income to enjoy ourselves. It's all cultural mores. Why don't we just ban alcohol while we're at it it's equally hazardous to the culture. I respect straight edge people who would ban alcohol and marijuana because at least they have consistency with their principles.

The ones that harp on marijuana well drinking tons of alcohol they're just sheep, indoctrinated from a young age with dogma. The fact is marijuana is less harmful than alcohol. There is no disputing this fact as somebody who has dealt with both. Also you can ask any police officer which type of people actually give them more of a problem when they get pulled over..... It's not even close.

Authoritarians are all the same they want everybody assimilating into the little hive mind collective no room for differing opinions or freedom of choice. The cancel culture left or the Puritan right pick your poison. I would take the Puritans if I hadnt known so many that were hypocritical wife-beating alcoholics in my day....
Wait until you show up to work one morning and don't look like you are 100% and are sent for a random drug test. You will lose your job on the spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies