Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 08:03 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times

Advertisements

To me it looks like this:

The Davos crowd wants a layer of people, who we are now wrongly calling "elites", to control the world through a one-world government. Membership in this group would provide the best experiences our planet has to offer.

The remaining layer of society, ie everybody else, would be part of the "Each according to his ability, each according to his need" group. They would be required to use all their talents and abilities for the collective good, and would be monitored to ensure they were thinking and espousing the right thoughts and taking the right actions. There would be no opportunities for individual self-determination or improvement in economic status without the explicit blessing of the "progressives". The "unders" as I will call them work tirelessly to preserve the power and status of the "progressive" posers while believing in and touting the righteousness of their work.

The posers tell us, "You will own nothing and like it.". Take a guess at who is going to own their estates and their lands. You think they will give up ownership for some promise of the happiness of having nothing? Sure. You thik they will give up air travel? You'll have to forego it. It's bad for the environment when YOU do it and it's necessary when THEY do it. See any similarities in this scenaraio and what goes on now? You better start reading the writing on the wall, because they are showing you their vision of the future and the weak are wrapping themselves in that vision like a warm blanket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 08:04 AM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Does Michael Bloomberg tell Americans they should lower their standard of living and make do with less things?

That’s funny.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:28 AM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Another advertisement for the sick plot of evil people. Make the now dumbed-down population enjoy being enslaved.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:46 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Doing without IS better, if you live in clutter, which almost all of us do. That's why being on vacation feels so good. You're in a place that's not all cluttered with your "stuff", and you're having experiences that are enjoyable rather than sitting among your purchases and gifted "stuff".

We spend so much time creating a home full of items, and then can't wait to get away from it. Weird. Not weird. Expected.

I thought the virtues of being poor would be a hard sell. I see you are trying it anyway.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:47 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
We don't have to mirror Europe, but I do agree with a lot of this. The wasteful consumerism is much worse in the US than anywhere else. Even low income people have houses filled with useless junk. I know so many people who can't even use their own garages due to storing all of it. Every weekend there are garage and yard sales just to keep the excess under control. I am guilty myself of having "too much".

The US by far wastes the most food. Over 40% of what is produced ends up in the garbage.

I am pretty frugal as I rely on expensive propane in the winter. I rarely see others like me turning down the thermostat. I went to my sister's house at Christmas and nearly had heat stroke as I was wearing a sweater. (Duh, it is winter, right?) She is sitting there in a t shirt and shorts with the heat jacked up. Lots of people are like her. Crazy, as both her and her husband work long hours just to keep up on the bills.

One of the biggest ironies I notice is with the climate change activists. Especially the ones attending meetings in private (fuel wasting) jets. Even the little things show me what hypocrites they are. Most all of the politicians sit there at meetings drinking out of a one use plastic water bottle. I personally use a Brita water filter. I can't remember the last time I bought plastic.

Ask an old person who survived The Great Depression how "great" it was.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:51 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The global elite wanna turn America into a second rate bunch of ass sniffers like most of Europe.
No, the global elite are prepping the USA to be the home ground for WW3.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:57 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post

I am pretty frugal as I rely on expensive propane in the winter. I rarely see others like me turning down the thermostat. I went to my sister's house at Christmas and nearly had heat stroke as I was wearing a sweater. (Duh, it is winter, right?) She is sitting there in a t shirt and shorts with the heat jacked up. Lots of people are like her. Crazy, as both her and her husband work long hours just to keep up on the bills.
This is one area where Americans can be doing it better- a lot of our housing stock was built after the oil shocks of the 1970s and with energy efficiency in mind. My house was built in 1982 and I ran the numbers a while back and we are generous with both heat and cold as applicable and we actually use about the same amount of residential energy as a typical French household even though our home is larger and our climate is more extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
I still remember how the Europeans would share a salad while sightseeing in US,how a GI dated a girl in Gemany wearing her grandma's clothes!
Europeans also dont take showers as they dont have shower facilities in older homes and they may not take a bath daily,change their clothes daily and do not use deordorant.
Huh? What the heck?

I was part of youth exchange programs with West Germany back in the1980s and all the homes of the families we stayed with had perfectly normal bathroom set-ups by US standards even then.

Are you thinking like 1952 during war rebuilding or such?

Old 11-14-2021, 08:57 AM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
If Europe is so wonderful, why is he still here?

Old 11-14-2021, 08:58 AM

9,507 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Give women access to a high school education or better, a chance at a decent non-farming job and easy access to contraception and most will decide that two or fewer are the right number of children for a family
We already have this. Not sure what you're getting at.

Old 11-14-2021, 09:01 AM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
If Europe is so wonderful, why is he still here?
Bloomberg does own a $25 million mansion in London.

Stuff like that is pocket change for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies