Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2021, 05:48 PM

6,640 posts, read 2,956,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
How would you compare your mother? How are you as a mother (if you are one) or your wife in comparison?
Is that mother you want for your children or grandchildren?
Maybe I’m overly critical.
Is this typical mothering that you would be happy to have grown up with?
I’ll put up my mom as a critique. She was better under anyone’s analysis.
To be fair, everyone on this board can be 'overly critical'.

I don't live in that area.

I believe for all intents and purposes she was an average mom as any in the area. Her son attended all the good ol' boy local stuff, junior fireman and medic cadet stuff. Hunting with friends, range.
I doubt she really thought a violent mob would be rampaging so close to home.

I was never in a position where my neighbors were confronted with a riot bent on burning things down. There was a call to come defend. He joined.

If it wasn't for this he'd prolly go on living a normal small town good ol'boy life, screaming at libs on the TV and downing some bud.

My mom was also average by today's standards. But I joined the army and put myself in harms way. Does that make her a bad mom?

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I seriously doubt Kyle's mom has had the money to utilize to plastic surgeons and high dollar make up artists either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
That would be me. And I didn't say what you're intimating.
You said she didn’t have the money. I replied she can get it for free.
How did I misinterpret.

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I didn’t fall for any narrative. And your saying that just shows you’re a sheeple of the right.

He should’ve never been there. Period. A good parent would’ve made it so.

You can replace liberal with conservative and you’d have the same thing; a nothing burger of a response. Congrats.
The police should have been there.. get to the root! Kyle was there to be a good Samaritan to help anyone who needed it. Kyle wanted to put out the fires. The mob of immoral characters wanted the fires to burn down buildings and hurt people.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:50 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Define protesting.

If you mean join a group in a peaceful sanctioned march to call out wrongs? I would join them.

If you mean what we saw in so many cities that resulted in billions in damage? NO

I would never allow or support a child of mine to join a terror group like Antifa or BLM.

How about joining the "mostly" peaceful protests, as buildings are burning in the background, said a reporter?

No need to split hairs.....

Old 11-14-2021, 05:51 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The police should have been there.. get to the root! Kyle was there to be a good Samaritan to help anyone who needed it. Kyle wanted to put out the fires. The mob of immoral characters wanted the fires to burn down buildings and hurt people.
I don't believe the Good Samaritan was carrying an AR-15. Or even a club.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:53 PM

23,458 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You're not paying attention.

Women who are the least bit heavy get made fun of, all the time. Officially in the media, and privately every where they go. Even very slightly heavy women who are in the public eye.
Michelle Obama had gotten chunky, did those 'on the left' ridicule her over it? Links?

(and fwiw, even though I don't care for her elitist attitude, or her husband, I think she looked as good thin as she did when she'd gotten pluffy)

Old 11-14-2021, 05:53 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
To be fair, everyone on this board can be 'overly critical'.

I don't live in that area.

I believe for all intents and purposes she was an average mom as any in the area. Her son attended all the good ol' boy local stuff, junior fireman and medic cadet stuff. Hunting with friends, range.
I doubt she really thought a violent mob would be rampaging so close to home.

I was never in a position where my neighbors were confronted with a riot bent on burning things down. There was a call to come defend. He joined.

If it wasn't for this he'd prolly go on living a normal small town good ol'boy life, screaming at libs on the TV and downing some bud.

My mom was also average by today's standards. But I joined the army and put myself in harms way. Does that make her a bad mom?
I have loosely followed his behavior and media presence since the initial arrest. I would be very disappointed if he were my son. She is proud. I don’t get it. He acted awful in the past year.
Would your mother have been proud if it were you?

Old 11-14-2021, 05:54 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
At 17 without me. In a potentially dangerous situation. NEVER.
And I took my kids to the women’s March in dc and many other protests.
Lol. Of course you did.

Taking children to numerous potentially DANGEROUS situations? Brilliant.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:54 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't believe the Good Samaritan was carrying an AR-15. Or even a club.
You're right, just a dumpster on fire pushing it into a cop car....DAMN the ARs or the clubs, grad a damn dumpster, set it on fire and push it into a cop car.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:56 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You're right, just a dumpster on fire pushing it into a cop car....DAMN the ARs or the clubs, grad a damn dumpster, set it on fire and push it into a cop car.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm talking about whether Rittenhouse was there in the role of "good samaritan". And the answer is, decidedly, no. The Good Samaritan was not a vigilante, but a selfless humble helper of an injured man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies