Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 06:13 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,221,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why in the world, are we talking about the physical attractiveness of the mother in this case?

Why is it that women are always expected to be pretty and dewey?

Geez.

This poor woman. I can't imagine what she's gone through this past year - every day, a nagging, horrid fear that her son is facing serious prison time, and also that at the age of 17 he's killed two people.

Can we stop making hair style and cosmetic procedure suggestions for her?
Ummmm because that is the topic of this thread maybe?
Reply on another thread if you are not interested.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:14 PM

19,781 posts, read 12,014,953 times
Quote:
Why in the world, are we talking about the physical attractiveness of the mother in this case?

Why is it that women are always expected to be pretty and dewey?

Geez.

This poor woman. I can't imagine what she's gone through this past year - every day, a nagging, horrid fear that her son is facing serious prison time, and also that at the age of 17 he's killed two people.

Dammit, Clara, twice in a row I’m agreeing with you?

Old 11-14-2021, 06:15 PM

23,093 posts, read 12,232,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Honestly how is it even possible that woman is the same age as her. Even with the filters one looked 30 one looked 55
Genes, less stress, better but costlier foods, etc. And if all of that fails then the money to fix things.(though I don't see what the attraction is in risking death by having plastic surgery, in the vain attempt to look a bit better for a few years)

Old 11-14-2021, 06:17 PM

35,517 posts, read 17,786,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Ummmm because that is the topic of this thread maybe?
Reply on another thread if you are not interested.
I'm sorry that I landed on you, specifically. I don't usually disagree with you.

It just seems so colossally unfair, to pick her apart for her appearance when she's not entering a beauty contest. And make suggestions about how she can be prettier.

She's trying to defend her son.

Anyway, sorry.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Im not all that familiar with the Bible so I won't debate that. I will say that a Good Samaritan can be a person who helps a mom short on coin in the grocery line. Helps their elderly neighbor take the trash out, defends a woman being hugged or kissed against her will by Biden. Joins their friend on the roof top of their store to defend it against looters.

I think in KR's mind that he was trying to be a Good Samaritan. Like a child who thinks he will cook breakfast for his parents, but makes a huge mess.

In this story there really were bad guys. 2 of them were killed and one had his arm blown apart. There is not 1 redeeming quality among the 3 of them, not one.

Let me put this way. Would any respectable Mother want to see their daughter in a relationship with any of those men? I am not a mother, but can tell you that if I ever brought someone home like them, they would have been thrown out in an instant.
I believe you nailed it on what it is to be a Good Samaritan.

(I can't rep you for that though, seems I need to spread it around first)

Old 11-14-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I am not faulting her. She can improve her looks for free if she wants.
A proper haircut doesn’t take more than a half hour. I don’t care myself but if she upset about what people are saying - and it might not bother her- it is available.
No one is too busy to get a haircut or a little Botox for those elevens. She has enough time to appear on national television - this is all part of it.
And dieting is not that time consuming. Not that she needs it but if she want to…
Who said she's upset?

Do you fault people for being so shallow that looks mean so much to them, even if it's just in not getting that haircut or botox?

Old 11-14-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Im not all that familiar with the Bible so I won't debate that. I will say that a Good Samaritan can be a person who helps a mom short on coin in the grocery line. Helps their elderly neighbor take the trash out, defends a woman being hugged or kissed against her will by Biden. Joins their friend on the roof top of their store to defend it against looters.

I think in KR's mind that he was trying to be a Good Samaritan. Like a child who thinks he will cook breakfast for his parents, but makes a huge mess.

In this story there really were bad guys. 2 of them were killed and one had his arm blown apart. There is not 1 redeeming quality among the 3 of them, not one.

Let me put this way. Would any respectable Mother want to see their daughter in a relationship with any of those men? I am not a mother, but can tell you that if I ever brought someone home like them, they would have been thrown out in an instant.
Ok, well, you do have to refer to the Bible to understand what a "Good Samaritan" is. A Good Samaritan is a volunteer who, for no gain of his own, and in fact to his loss, humbly serves someone who is outside his culture and who he has no connection to at all. He gives of himself, takes time out of his day to bandage the wounds (literal or figurative) and sees that his fellow human being is treated with kindness and is healed.

A Good Samaritan is not a vigilante, who "joins a friend on a rooftop to defend it against looters". Or, in Rittenhouse's case, goes out into a volatile crowd with an exposed AR-15 to engage in combat.

That's a vigilante, not a Good Samaritan. Words and literary references mean things, and just want to set the record straight when we use phrases that have meaning.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:22 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,221,354 times
Quote:
I'm sorry that I landed on you, specifically. I don't usually disagree with you.

It just seems so colossally unfair, to pick her apart for her appearance when she's not entering a beauty contest. And make suggestions about how she can be prettier.

She's trying to defend her son.

Anyway, sorry.
Imo. She needs to take some responsibility for her minor sons actions. The son who was living under her roof.
I take issue with her parenting. I take issue with how she has defended her son. Her looks are immaterial to me personally but she does not present well.
I also take issue with the mother as a victim or the mother as too busy to think of herself.
She had an agenda imo, and it is not all about her poor son being treated unfairly.
I predict Her agenda will not go away after this trial.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:

Why is it that women are always expected to be pretty and dewey? Can she not just be the mother who is in great pain, and surely hasn't slept a full night in over a year? Why does she have to be pretty and youthful?

Geez.

This poor woman. I can't imagine what she's gone through this past year - every day, a nagging, horrid fear that her son is facing serious prison time, and also that at the age of 17 he's killed two people and will never ever be the same.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Imo. She needs to take some responsibility for her minor sons actions. The son who was living under her roof.
I take issue with her parenting. I take issue with how she has defended her son. Her looks are immaterial to me personally but she does not present well.
After looking at what she looked like last year, I'm moved by what she looks like now. Completely changed. I feel her pain and angst, looking at how painful her life must be right now. If she walked out looking fresh and rested and well-groomed, I'd probably have less empathy for the difficulty she's suffered this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies