Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 07:04 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Anyone who actually went to any BLM events would tell you the same thing. Last year I asked a LOT of people who were critical of BLM how many events they actually attended, I didn't find a single person who was basing their opinion on first hand experience.

Assuming everyone in a group is violent because of the poor actions of a few shows the negative influence media had against BLM last year, more than anything.

Did you attend the Jan 6 event? Do you still have an opinion?

Old 11-15-2021, 07:08 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
While I would agree that most BLM protestors are not violent but they aren't condemning the ones that are which are using their platform to carry out anarchy.

The whole movement has been used by antifas, anarchists, etc that has nothing to do with the BLM itself.

Old 11-15-2021, 07:18 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Republicans here keep wrongly ranting about all the BLM violence - which by the way, is mostly property, not death, as with Kyle Rittenhouse and other white criminals.

So you might like to know that in fact only about 6%-7% of the BLM-type demonstrations resulted in violence.

What people forget - especially gullible people who don't understand how the media works - is that low-end news outlets like to present the most sensational stories possible, and unfortunately Trump only escalated the idea that "news" should be sensational or exciting.

93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful
https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/
first of all stop conflating protests and riots. 0% of BLM or any other protest that happened last year in the wake of the George Floyd shooting were violent.

however, there were 200+ RIOTS last year in which democrats ran rampage across the country. DEMOCRATS killed maimed, burned and looted across this country. Tens of thousands were hurt, dozens were killed and billions of dollars worth of property destroyed.

just just freaking stop

Old 11-15-2021, 07:28 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
OH and if you voted for Brandon/Harris, you voted for at least one person who gave money to a program to bail RIOTERS OUT OF JAIL!

Old 11-15-2021, 07:33 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
While I would agree that most BLM protestors are not violent but they aren't condemning the ones that are which are using their platform to carry out anarchy.

The whole movement has been used by antifas, anarchists, etc that has nothing to do with the BLM itself.
BLM has the same problem Occupy Wall Street and a couple of other more left leaning movements have had- absolutely no organization whatsoever. They don't police their own in terms of having official policies or stances ( or even conduct.) And that is exacerbated when people simply spring up, plant a BLM flag, and then use it for their own aggrandizement. I read a report 2-3 years ago that foreign bots had set up a couple of the largest BLM sites and social media handles and that a lot of the fundraising from those was basically scamming folks. And then there is the issues of leaders receiving $ separate from the organization which is legal but tends to look rather sketchy.

After VA when folks started paying attention to Democratic messaging (or lack of it) reporters started reaching out to any dissenters among Dem pollsters and campaign types. One had pointed out he was banished from a couple of the Dem/left leaning organizations when he published a poll showing that riots/occupying public area was actually a huge hindrance among voters/possible supporters. I can honestly say that reactions to Kaepernick and some of the riots have been hugely along racial lines as opposed to ideology. I also tend to think some of the folks who think riots are wonderful and 'the language of the oppressed' are pretty self-serving as their communities are not being impacted and they are not the ones that pick up charges that will follow them for life.

Old 11-15-2021, 07:47 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
BLM has the same problem Occupy Wall Street and a couple of other more left leaning movements have had- absolutely no organization whatsoever. They don't police their own in terms of having official policies or stances ( or even conduct.) And that is exacerbated when people simply spring up, plant a BLM flag, and then use it for their own aggrandizement. I read a report 2-3 years ago that foreign bots had set up a couple of the largest BLM sites and social media handles and that a lot of the fundraising from those was basically scamming folks. And then there is the issues of leaders receiving $ separate from the organization which is legal but tends to look rather sketchy.

After VA when folks started paying attention to Democratic messaging (or lack of it) reporters started reaching out to any dissenters among Dem pollsters and campaign types. One had pointed out he was banished from a couple of the Dem/left leaning organizations when he published a poll showing that riots/occupying public area was actually a huge hindrance among voters/possible supporters. I can honestly say that reactions to Kaepernick and some of the riots have been hugely along racial lines as opposed to ideology. I also tend to think some of the folks who think riots are wonderful and 'the language of the oppressed' are pretty self-serving as their communities are not being impacted and they are not the ones that pick up charges that will follow them for life.
It's not a problem. It's intentional.

Anyone who saw the BLM website before they scrubbed it knows that the organization has terrorist roots.

It HATES white people, straight people, nuclear families, and most of all... FATHERS. It absolutely hates fathers and 100% thinks they are not necessary.

But they scrubbed the website when people started calling them out about it.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:15 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Anyone who actually went to any BLM events would tell you the same thing. Last year I asked a LOT of people who were critical of BLM how many events they actually attended, I didn't find a single person who was basing their opinion on first hand experience.

Assuming everyone in a group is violent because of the poor actions of a few shows the negative influence media had against BLM last year, more than anything.
I watched live streams of some of the events. I call BS on these being peaceful events. I saw all kinds of mayhem, violence and destruction. Didn’t need to put my life at risk to see it. I did see the damage firsthand though.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:25 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:

You're right. If BLM were interested in saving black lives, they'd be parked in Chicago 24/7/365.

Their actual mission was to destroy the nuclear family. It was an LGBT organization that hates on fathers.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:02 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,601,591 times
Quote:

Don't be absurd, ANTIFA is way less violent than the fascists. Heaven forbid anyone punch a Nazi.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:05 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times
Wow, this thread has made me literally LOL several times with the smart ass responses.

Also, the 93% claim is total BS anyway. The fake news can rationalize and try to justify all they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.