Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 05:51 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,137,616 times

Advertisements

It was often noted how Trump was always snubbed by the true NYC society elite, and how it drove him crazy. He didn't do anything to help himself - after all, he has no style, no culture, no intellect. But it rankled.

And now people are snubbing him in politics, too. I doubt he really wanted to go to Colin Powell's funeral, but I'll bet it irked him not to be invited, considering other presidents were there. And now Republican candidates are quietly being told to stay with Trump's rhetoric - but keep Trump himself away. Which is exactly what Glenn Youngkin did.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:03 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,599,019 times
many powerful men end up all alone...LBJ did Nixon did might go with the job

Old 11-14-2021, 06:04 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Some people keep obsessing over Trump. He is no longer president.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:05 PM

19,012 posts, read 27,557,249 times
Trump is grounding rod for GOP. Apparently, he is, also, quite OK with it.
I swear, he will nominate someone younger as his substitute. He'd be a fool to run again.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:08 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
It was often noted how Trump was always snubbed by the true NYC society elite, and how it drove him crazy. He didn't do anything to help himself - after all, he has no style, no culture, no intellect. But it rankled.

And now people are snubbing him in politics, too. I doubt he really wanted to go to Colin Powell's funeral, but I'll bet it irked him not to be invited, considering other presidents were there. And now Republican candidates are quietly being told to stay with Trump's rhetoric - but keep Trump himself away. Which is exactly what Glenn Youngkin did.
Trump was basically kept away from McCain's funeral too. McCain asked Obama, the guy he ran against, to give his eulogy. Trump was the sitting President and was all but banned from the funeral.

Here is something to consider. How about Republicans AND Democrats stay away from Trump's tactics/rhetoric as well as Trump himself.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:21 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,066,262 times
Quote:

Well at least he isn’t Biden that alone makes me love him. He didn’t destroy the USA like Brandon has.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:27 PM

4,159 posts, read 4,872,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Trump was basically kept away from McCain's funeral too. McCain asked Obama, the guy he ran against, to give his eulogy. Trump was the sitting President and was all but banned from the funeral.

Here is something to consider. How about Republicans AND Democrats stay away from Trump's tactics/rhetoric as well as Trump himself.
There was no love loss between McCain and Trump, so it made sense that Trump did not attend McCain's funeral. It was also interesting watching Bush suck up to the Obama's and the Clinton's at the funeral.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:35 PM

10,176 posts, read 11,159,885 times
Quote:

The only Trump Rhetoric I hear, is You and your Flock of Trumpers here, spewing the same nonsense. Yes, You and Your Trumper buddies.

I'm calling You a Trumper, because it's you and several others, who continue to make posts of him.

It's so yesterday. Can't you ever get over him?

Time to move on. Move on and Be Happy with yourself.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:36 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

Why would because Trump want to attend McCains funeral?

Nah, I look forward to seeing what because Trump decides to do, and obviously the Dems can’t either as he’s consumed them even without being POTUS.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:39 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Quote:

You really are hung up on Trump. You will need to get used to him because he will be your next president. He's not putting up the with dem's crap either. He's not doing that again so get out of his way and let him fix what your old dementia poopy pants clown has ruined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies