Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 08:31 AM

17,355 posts, read 14,613,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
You got stats for that?
Maybe there is hope for the industry then.
Is it racist for me to say that I hope angry aggressive drivers who are white and old retire to make the roads safer.

I would say they got it right this time. Wouldn’t you agree?
https://cdllife.com/2018/tens-of-tho...ast-two-years/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 08:31 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Thank you! I (along with everyone else) would be homeless, naked and starving without you, and other drivers.
Find those stats yet?

Old 11-15-2021, 08:44 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Can you post any recent surveys or stats. I’m very disturbed by what I have googled (and posted).

A lot of the drivers I talk to are younger than I (48). Six are women flatbedders. A Black driver I talk to just started his own trucking company last year, as did a younger woman (28) I talk with. I don't have stats and surveys. I do talk to actual people in the industry.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:45 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Find those stats yet?

You want to get up out of my ass? I do have a life outside of CD you know. Jesus Christ.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:47 AM

4,341 posts, read 2,226,301 times
I'm just as concerned and outraged at how the NBA is under represented for other minorities, and whites.

And, all those racist Chinese restaurants - why aren't there any white cooks?

Why isn't MSNBC tackling these issues???

Old 11-15-2021, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
You want to get up out of my ass? I do have a life outside of CD you know. Jesus Christ.
I thought as an insider you’d have access do industry info. I know I do for the industries I am involved with. Sorry if it is too onerous.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
I'm just as concerned and outraged at how the NBA is under represented for other minorities, and whites.

And, all those racist Chinese restaurants - why aren't there any white cooks?

Why isn't MSNBC tackling these issues???
Probably because it is not dangerous/deadly. Just a guess here.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:51 AM

2,034 posts, read 852,412 times
I’m not a truck driver but I work in the industry and I’ve responded to threads on this topic more closely related topics countless times on here. This woman at MSNBC like most of them is a complete idiot. The number one fastest growing segment of people taking trucking positions are black Americans and foreigners. Like 85% plus! The classic ole white trucker has almost become a dinosaur in the industry. If you don’t believe me just go to any metropolitan area and stop in the local truckstops. You’ll have to look long and hard to find an old white dude as she describes.

It’s just more mental BS from the left.

The trucking company that I work most closely with has 262 drivers last count. 174 of them were African Americans. Lots of women drivers now too! This lady can shut her mouth.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:54 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Quote:
So it is not the truckers fault in your experience. I’m going to disagree with you on that. Only based on the number of lawsuits filed against truckers. Investigations have shown otherwise.
I know you want to defend but please try to be objective.
Frankly, I am happy that I found this thread in that I did not know how unsafe the situation is and how it is getting worse. Thank you msnbc for reporting on this.
having done my own further research and concur that this is a problem.
I haven't done enough research to take a side for or against truckers. My experience is far more regular people are reckless on the road then semi drivers but that's to be expected because they're paid to have a cool head that's part of their job. If they're not keeping a cool head than that's a problem considering they are fully capable of killing someone using their vehicles if they lose their cool.

It's like any profession you're going to have bad apples... Especially when the pay is crap.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
I’m not a truck driver and I’ve responded to threads on this topic more closely related topics countless times on here. This woman at MSNBC like most of them is a complete idiot. The number one fastest growing segment of people taking trucking positions are black Americans and foreigners. Like 85% plus! The classic ole white trucker has almost become a dinosaur in the industry. If you don’t believe me just go to any metropolitan area and stop in the local truckstops. You’ll have to look long and hard to find an old white dude as she describes.

It’s just more mental BS from the left.

The trucking company that I work most closely with has 262 drivers last count. 174 of them were African Americans. This lady can shut her mouth.
Love the anecdotal info.
Can you link to your info? It’s not that I don’t believe you but it goes against all nonbiased industry published info and survey data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies