Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2021, 04:12 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

In what must be a shock to Obama who offered Putin more flexibility after the election and mocked Romney for thinking Russia was a geopolitical adversary, Biden's handlers are going to reactivate a nuclear military unit inside of Germany that was shutdown in 1991.

This unit has hypersonic missiles that can strike Moscow in 21 and a half minutes.

Is this due to fears that Russia will invade Ukraine after Obama helped orchestrate a coup overthrowing a democratically elected pro-Russia government there?

Hillary was asked for comment, but she said she was too busy to comment while working with her foreign agents that she paid in the 2016 election to still prove that Trump colluded with foreign agents in that election.

The overly qualified Kamala Harris was asked to comment and started hysterically laughing. Biden was too busy napping in between ice cream snacks to give comment. Psaki assured us that he would have a press conference on it soon where he walks away from the podium before taking any questions.

What could go wrong?

https://www.thesun.ie/news/7893408/u...ssiles-moscow/

https://www.zerohedge.com/military/u...sonic-missiles

Last edited by michiganmoon; 11-15-2021 at 04:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 06:05 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,178 posts, read 13,461,836 times

I did hear about this, and it's obviously in response to Russia and Chinese Hypersonic technology.

I am just glad there based in Germany, as these bases attract all kinds of CND lefties who end up camping outside of them and causing all kinds of problems.

I am sure the missiles are quite safe, and lets face it Joe sleeps most of the time these days.

Old 11-15-2021, 03:25 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

I did hear about this, and it's obviously in response to Russia and Chinese Hypersonic technology.

I am just glad there based in Germany, as these bases attract all kinds of CND lefties who end up camping outside of them and causing all kinds of problems.

I am sure the missiles are quite safe, and lets face it Joe sleeps most of the time these days.
Yeah, the military industrial complex wants to flex its muscles back.

Old 11-15-2021, 04:10 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
I just hope they never give demented feeble Biden the codes.

Old 11-15-2021, 04:47 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Not quite:

‘Dark Eagle’ has landed: US Army finishes equipping first unit with hypersonic capability — minus the missiles
https://www.defensenews.com/breaking...-the-missiles/

So it will be a while before they actually have missiles there. And no mention of them being armed with nuclear warheads- don’t know where OP got that from.

Old 11-15-2021, 05:23 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Not quite:

‘Dark Eagle’ has landed: US Army finishes equipping first unit with hypersonic capability — minus the missiles
https://www.defensenews.com/breaking...-the-missiles/

So it will be a while before they actually have missiles there. And no mention of them being armed with nuclear warheads- don’t know where OP got that from.
I'm sure they won't be tipped with M-80s.

Old 11-15-2021, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The US ones don't bother me, it's the Russian and Chinese ones I worry about.

Old 11-15-2021, 06:30 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
...and its pocket book. It was pretty dry during the previous term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The US ones don't bother me, it's the Russian and Chinese ones I worry about.
That may be one in the same right now.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:00 AM

The vast former USAF Base at Greenham Common, where nuclear cruise missile were based in the 1980's and which closed in 1992, has been turned in to a quite a nice country park, with the runways greened over and new ponds with Swans and other wildlife.

Whilst the old Control Tower is now an observation tower for tourists, with a cafe where you can buy tea or coffee, or baked goods and cakes.

One of the most famous pictures of WW2 (link below) was taken at Greenham Common and, shows Eisenhower talking to men of the 502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division on June 5th, just several hours before they boarded their transports for the invasion of France.

506th Parachute Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division, "The Screaming Eagles," whose heroism is commemorated in the book and television series Band of Brothers, were in the nearby villages of Aldbourne and Ramsbury, and a number of photos were also taken of the units Mohican Haircuts.

A memorial to the units involved heroism was unveiled at Greenham Common in 2012.

The D-Day Battlefields - American Airborne Operations

Eisenhower D-Day trip re-enacted to Berkshire - BBC News (2019)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQxHSvCXdrw

Last edited by Brave New World; 11-16-2021 at 09:53 AM..

Old 11-16-2021, 10:36 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
US military doctrine has long now been based in technological superiority. Technology has its merits but it's not without it's flaws. Higher maintenance higher cost series set up where if one thing doesn't work nothing works. The US no longer has the tech edge that it used to during Cold War times where the Soviet Unions doctrine of build it big build it mean build it simple and build a LOT of it was our main adversary.

Both Russia and China have come leaps and bounds in technology and (especially in China's case) they heavily outnumber the US. Our Navy in particular has had to do more with less which was changing under the last administration but Biden countermanded that along with a lot of other good things his first week in office.

This hypersonic missile unit isn't somethin that really makes me sit up and take notice.Biden's puppet masters know we are in a vulnerable state militarily especially with China but Russia also and their just blowing smoke. Trying to apear stronger than we truly are which is pathetic since a 1st grader could see though it all. I would take notice if two more carrier groups were deployed to the South China along with several squadrons of hunter/killer subs and maybe even a couple boomers.

If the Air Force started deploying B1s and B52s to strategic location in number and all our forces went to high alert I'd raise my eyebrows. This missile unit is just a tempest in a teacup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies