Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 06:44 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,844,919 times

Advertisements

We should all leave. We don’t belong here.
Ok? So let’s go. Now. Who’s with me?
It’s the only way to right the wrongs of people who have been dead hundreds of years.

Old 11-16-2021, 06:48 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
You can’t tell some people the truth. They will accuse you of trying to make them feel guilty. They want the lies that they have been fed.

Old 11-16-2021, 06:51 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I think it's perfectly FINE to have a Disneyfied version of some historical events for the little kids. As they grow older they should hear about the darker stuff and I don't just mean what white people did, I mean all of it. We can't point to any group who didn't act like barbarians. It was practically a requirement to survive.

Old 11-16-2021, 06:53 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Humans are nasty to each other. The people that were here when the Europeans arrived weren't saints toward each other either. It was really nothing new.
Native Americans aren’t claiming that they were saints though. They didn’t write history books for hundreds of years denying that and trying to make others believe it.

Old 11-16-2021, 06:54 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
BS-

Liberal tripe. The Native Americans were barbarous stone age people who were in constant states of warfare against their neighbors. This idyllic image of the "peaceful Indians" is a complete farce. The different tribes participated in wholesale slaughter and torture of their enemies and enslavement of any captives.

My ancestors were here since the early 1600s and fought the Indians, including Prince Phillips War. Read the accounts of the settlers about the atrocities of the Indians upon the settlers and the betrayals, scheming, and back stabbing that occurred among the Indian tribes in an effort to gain an upper hand on their neighbors. Scheming Indian chiefs sold vast tracks of land (much of which they did not actually own) to settlers to betray their neighbors.

When a Stone Age civilization meets a modern civilization, the Stone Age people will be wiped out. This has happened throughout history, not just in North America. The Indians were not "noble savages"- they were brutal, barbaric, primitive people who employed horrible atrocities among the settlers. They deserved what they got.

To make matters worse, the American Indian tribes took sides in the European conflicts waged in North America, seeking to press their advantage. This only created enemies among the local colonists, who did not appreciate the Indian tribes helping the European powers slaughter them. The last gasp of the American Indians was in the War of 1812, in which they backed the wrong side AGAIN. Did they expect generous and favorable terms when they sided with our enemies and took up arms? A good chunk of our family was slaughtered by the English with Indian allies in Cherry Valley, N.Y. as a reprisal for the town providing soldiers for the Continental Navy and Privateers for the Navy.

Get over it- THEY GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED.
This is why I don't understand the adoration and worship of the Amerindians today. Many Americans nearly go into orgasmic delight seeing them in their native costumes and rituals, seem to worship them and shower them with eternal victimhood status. I guess they were only told the bleeding heart part of history which only denoted the white Europeans as the villains.

an

Old 11-16-2021, 11:30 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Do the Moors get a pass because they were people of color?
They kinda did the same stuff in Europe ya know.
Why is the reaction so often to go to whataboutisms? Try sticking with the subject. No Moors, don't get a pass, neither to Christians.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:31 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
All BS. Thanks for giving me my fill for the day. If the pilgrims committed these atrocities then so did every other group in history that ever had war with anyone else. So, that means every group across the board is guilty, which in essence means no one is guilty. You act as if murders, war, rape, genocide did not exist before Europeans arrived. Lol. Delusional rewrite of world history. America had its bumps and bruises but has turned into one of the most generous nations in the world has ever seen. Don’t like it, you are free to move.
Murders are crimes and never justified. I don't give a flying fig if everyone else did it.

Everyone is jumping off the bridge, you might as well also, right?

Old 11-17-2021, 12:00 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
The OP is from canada he clearly hate our country and yet he's snow bird that goes to FL
The OP obviously doesn't hate and probably even likes our country.

He just likes to push the buttons of Trumpers, and some Trumpers take the bait.

Old 11-17-2021, 12:04 AM

24,624 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Humans are nasty to each other. The people that were here when the Europeans arrived weren't saints toward each other either. It was really nothing new.
That's correct. Humans don't even treat other humans as humans.

So this notion that more propaganda from public education can fix it, is hilarious. Every parent has a reasonability to teach their kids good from bad, and every adult has a responsibility to know good from bad. Other than anything illegible, humans will be humans.

Old 11-17-2021, 12:08 AM

24,624 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
We should all leave. We don’t belong here.
Ok? So let’s go. Now. Who’s with me?
It’s the only way to right the wrongs of people who have been dead hundreds of years.
Don't forget the reparations.

The solution to America's historic crimes:
- History censorship and destroying of statues
- Reparations
- Citizenship renouncement

America shall be given back to the Native Americans and everyone else must find a new country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies