Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2021, 04:57 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Democrats have proven themselves to be the party of HATE.

They hate America, they hate American citizens, they hate the flag, they hate freedom, they hate the holidays, they hate fairness and justice, they hate safe neighborhoods, they hate hard workers, they hate common sense. Now they are finding that they even HATE themselves. May they direct that toxic energy inward and implode their party once and for all.
So TRUE!!!

What a GREAT post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2021, 05:05 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You realize that some of the suits that are in the package are unions that sued to make the mandate apply to companies with fewer than 100 workers? It'll be decided in the Supreme Court. In the meantime, the federal contractor rules apply, fed worker rules apply and more and more businesses will require vaccination, particularly if cases surge with the holidays. The quickest way back to whatever will be our new normal is to vaccinate as many people as we can.
Scr3w "new normal".

Old 11-17-2021, 05:16 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
The quickest way back to normal is for people to grow a pair and stop cowering in fear of a virus that has a 0.2% mortality rate.
There's a video of an 8 year old girl facing the schoolboard about her refusal to wear a mask. She's been suspended around 40 times. (Good Morning America has a video about the story, which I will not link, people can find it themselves with that information.)

She tells them that no matter how many times they suspend her, it will not change her mind, she will still stand up for what she believes in, and the law states that she has the right not to wear a mask. She also added that she hoped they all went to jail for what they've done to her, by not following the law.

That one 8 year old girl managed to make that particular district drop their mask mandates for kids in school.

How sad is it that an 8 year old girl is far more brave than grown adults, who drop to their knees and beg to be told what to do.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:16 PM

21,863 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I disagree that that is a loophole. They may think it is and a Youtube lawyer may have said it was, but if I refuse to do part of my job I get fired. I didn't quit. If vaccination is now part of my job and I refuse it, they have to fire me for insubordination. Nobody ever quit because of insub.

On the other hand, with every other word and phrase being redefined, who knows.
For purpose of unemployment they very well may be eligible. It all depends on what state we're talking about. In general though there it's likely that someone fired for refusing to get a vaccine would be a significant change in hiring agreement. For a teacher or nurse who always had being vaccinated as a job requirement, that would not be true. For most people though it would be and thus they would most likely be eligible for unemployment.

It isn't really a loophole thing, just how eligibility works. It's that way to prevent employers from creatively getting rid of workers by changing the job requirements. E.g., cutting pay in half and requiring a split shift where you lift 80 pound bags of cement all day where before you worked 8 to 5 weekdays in customer support. The employer can demand it, but if they do and you either refuse and are fires or just quit, you would be eligible for unemployment.

Nobody is owed a job and the employee can absolutely change their mind on the requirements of a job. There isn't anything wrong with them doing that. They just can't do it as a creative way to get out of having an unemployment claim which then those do effect how much the employer has to pay in to unemployment insurance.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:25 PM

17,368 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
That's a bit tricky. OSHA's safety requirements are the employers responsibility. They provide PPE like hard hats for the expressed reason that only OSHA approved PPE is used. If you let or make the employee go out and buy a hard hat he's likely to buy a pink barbie hat from Toys-r-Us for $5. If that employee gets hurt, it will be the employers fault. If he is wearing an OSHA approve hat then the company is safe from much of the liability. But this is different. The employer doesn't want to incur the cost of the shot or the liability. They also don't want to incur the cost of administrating testing They are trying to figure out how to have their cake and eat it too. I think this is the biggest reason employers will scrap both choices if they can.
I worked many restaurant jobs and not once did my employer provide the correct nonskid type work shoes that I was required to wear.

It's the same thing today, there is a certain kind of shoe that you have to buy to work in a restaurant.

The employers don't want this vaccine mandate. BIDEN wants it. BIDEN is the one trying to impose this vaccine on workers. If BIDEN hadn't ordered this mandate, it would never have been an issue in MOST workplaces. Don't blame the employers for this, don't even blame OSHA for this - BIDEN is the one to blame.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:29 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,790,907 times
Quote:
The employers don't want this vaccine mandate. BIDEN wants it. BIDEN is the one trying to impose this vaccine on workers. If BIDEN hadn't ordered this mandate, it would never have been an issue in MOST workplaces. Don't blame the employers for this, don't even blame OSHA for this - BIDEN is the one to blame.
And BIDEN and his entire administration needs to be held personally liable for every single penny of damage done to both employers and employees as a result of his tortious interference.

Since he was knowingly acting outside the scope of his duties and authority, he should be afforded no immunity whatsoever.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:29 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,574,906 times
Quote:
I worked many restaurant jobs and not once did my employer provide the correct nonskid type work shoes that I was required to wear.

It's the same thing today, there is a certain kind of shoe that you have to buy to work in a restaurant.

It may have been that my last job where I was the safety officer was union. We had an allowance for steel toed boots, each emplyee got $150 a year to buy boots. I had to inspect them to make sure they were OSHA approved. Everything else, hard hats, harness', safety glasses, gloves, even eyeglass cleaner had to be ordered off of an approved sheet.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:
It may have been that my last job where I was the safety officer was union. We had an allowance for steel toed boots, each emplyee got $150 a year to buy boots. I had to inspect them to make sure they were OSHA approved. Everything else, hard hats, harness', safety glasses, gloves, even eyeglass cleaner had to be ordered off of an approved sheet.
That was your union.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
And BIDEN and his entire administration needs to be held personally liable for every single penny of damage done to both employers and employees as a result of his tortious interference.

Since he was knowingly acting outside the scope of his duties and authority, he should be afforded no immunity whatsoever.
Yes, BIDEN and his craptastic administration should all be held personally accountable for these unconstitutional and illegal orders - extortion, bribery, threatening the livelihoods of hard working Americans.

Old 11-17-2021, 10:21 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Unless again the company stated the company mandate was there because of OSHA's mandate that never happened.
The pressure of government force caused great fear of huge fines among many companies I am sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies