Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 06:11 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
No that cannot be. biden said he would cure this right away and claimed Trump was the problem. Are you telling me biden lied and made things much worse!
Just one of many things Brandon lied about and failed on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2021, 06:13 PM

35,679 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It is alarming. But, when you have millions still unvaccinated, what do you expect? At least 80 million, so I recall, without even one shot. Football games with 10s of thousands in attendance. Other events. All acting like the pandemic is over.

I wish we could convince the dunderheads that this is a pandemic, much like the Spanish flu of 1918.

This novel coronavirus does not 'care' what your political views are. It does not 'care' about anything, except to reproduce. That is what viruses do.

Our knowledge of the virus is nil.

We are about to have several million people join the disability programs. People that worked, but can no longer do so.

Note: Until I retired in 2018, I worked for the disability part of Social Security for almost 30 years. I'm damned glad I'm out, when faced with this pandemic.

Yet, we can't even convince people to wear a mask? Even in 1918 they realized that wearing a mask slows the flu. How is it that we have not advanced in 100 years?

This coronavirus will, like all pandemics, eventually end, due to its mutation.

The Spanish Flu (which started in Kansas) eventually mutated down. It still exist, but no longer deadly.

Yet, we have cowards (there is no other word for it) whom continue to deny that this virus is a threat, despite almost 800,000 deaths in less than two years.

It is easier to deny, than to stand up and say "I will act!"

Remember that, when you read about those that refuse to wear a mask.

Next up: the flu. Not the common flu we take annual vaccines for, but a new flu. One that is not known, one that is not bothered by any vaccine. One, like the Spanish Flu, that is brand new.

I bet President Biden is not 'tossing the playbook', unlike Trump did regarding the Obama playbook on novel viruses.

I know. They point the finger but they are part of the problem!

Old 11-17-2021, 07:05 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Just one of many things Brandon lied about and failed on.
It is a very long list of lies and failures

Old 11-17-2021, 07:12 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
"Our case rates have gone up about 64% over the past 30 days," said Mike Pieciak, the commissioner of the Department of Financial Regulation, who also leads COVID-19 data modeling for the state of Vermont.

Our case rates have gone up about 64% over the past 30 days

Not good in this highly vaccinated and very blue state.
They include waning vaccine protection in people who lined up really early for their shots to a more robust testing program than most states have -- meaning, Vermont catches and documents more positives than others do, Gov. Phil Scott said.

Waning vaccine protection.

Hmmm.....

Old 11-17-2021, 07:15 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
It’s all these people who got the shot running around all emboldened thinking they are covid proof when all they’re doing is keep spreading this crap around. Lock up the vaccinateds!!!

Old 11-17-2021, 07:32 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times
LOL...I love how some hospitals, even some countries just miss the memo and put out real statistics.

Just nonchalantly dropping, "Most of our hospitalizations, like 90% are in the vaccinated now."

Old 11-18-2021, 05:56 AM

995 posts, read 509,266 times
I have a question.

They said that if most people got the vaccine, this would go away. Now, we're seeing a new spike in cases (or so they say) even in the most highly-vaccinated areas - both here in the US and in Europe.

So what are they lying about? The increase of cases (ginning up fake stats) or the shots don't work as well as advertised. They're lying about something. So which is it? Fake stats, or the effectiveness of vaccines?

I've taken all three shots of the Pfizer. If that's not enough to protect me, I'm going all-out for natural immunity. I just have to find some super-crowded events to attend to truly test the vaccine's effectiveness - perhaps the college football playoffs in a packed bar? Or a jam-packed NYE event. Unmasked, of course. I haven't worn a mask since my 2nd shot on April 24th, 2021. I didn't even bother strapping one on to get my 3rd shot on October 25th - gotta keep the streak going, lol.

If the shots really are not effective, they need to come out and admit the truth. If they're faking the data (which I believe they're doing in Europe and a few US states,) the truth will be known soon enough. Lies are being told - we just gotta figure out what exactly they're lying about. And then we need to figure out WHY they're lying. And finally, we need to hold these liars to account.

Old 11-18-2021, 06:05 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,746 times
I spent ALL last night in our Critical unit. 8 hours. 12 vaccinated. 6 unvaccinated. 10 on vents.

My friend in the Covid wing. 10 vaccinated 6 unvaccinated.

Keep watching CNN. Dopes.

Old 11-18-2021, 06:08 AM

4,935 posts, read 3,044,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It is alarming. But, when you have millions still unvaccinated, what do you expect?

Portugal, 87% vaccinated; yet cases have doubled in the past month.
I think everyone expected better results, jabs keep the high risk out of hospitals; the benefit ends there.

Old 11-18-2021, 06:10 AM

995 posts, read 509,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
I spent ALL last night in our Critical unit. 8 hours. 12 vaccinated. 6 unvaccinated. 10 on vents.

My friend in the Covid wing. 10 vaccinated 6 unvaccinated.

Keep watching CNN. Dopes.
Vaccinated or not, 85%+ of those people on vents will die. Vents kill, and yet they insist on using them. And it's one of the most horrid deaths imaginable.

That's why I made a pact from Day One that I'll never go to hospital if I ever got severe covid - that vent terrifies me more than death itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies