Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 09:27 AM

5,280 posts, read 3,147,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Apparently people in here are not paying attention, maybe because they're too busy whining and crying about the sources?

The link to the police scanner audio can also be found in the GP story.
Begins at the 1:11 mark
https://files.catbox.moe/l94xxt.mp3

The areas being talked about on the police scanner where the bricks are:
63rd and 22nd
67th and 21st on the NW corner
Yeah I get ya. If only there were some reason for bricks to be at the corner of 63rd and 22nd.

I only found this building at 2198 63rd St, which is the corner of 63rd and 22nd. I can't imagine why they would need bricks there. Surely it's the dang liberals setting you up again!

There's no "whining and crying about the sources" it's people telling the sheep to use common sense. I forget if the red hatted crowd are backing the blue today or not, but don't you think the police would have issued a formal statement?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2021, 09:32 AM

18,132 posts, read 15,536,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The dems have been jumping the shark, and a lot of people who were not really paying attention to politics, and considered them elves middle of the road, have woken up. They no longer see themselves as maybe leaning towards the Democratic Party, because the dems have shown themselves to be freaking insane, quasi-Marxists, who really want to transform America into a dystopian nightmare.
The issues I felt some commonality with the left on I don't openly discuss. Not even on an "anonymous" forum such as this. But those are issues I have laid completely aside now. I plant my flag and pitch my tent on the right side of the line. It's come time to make a stand and there is no way in good conscience I coul throw in with the left in any way shape or form.

There's nothing to sit on the fence with any longer. Yessir, comes a time in a man's life where he has to take a stand and commit with certainty. A line from a movie comes to mind, "those without swords can still die upon them." I'd rather go down with one in my hand on the side I feel has the proper view on things. It does seem as if it's coming to a fight sooner than later.

I honestly didn't think that the Rittenhouse trial would be the catalyst to bring everything to a head but it certainly is looking that way.

Old 11-18-2021, 09:36 AM

23,021 posts, read 12,111,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No, I'm saying I see Rosenbaum throw a plastic bag at Rittenhouse in the video, which doesn't hit Rittenhouse, and nothing else thrown. Which is contrary to the claims made up-thread. If you're struggling with your comprehension, feel free to re-read the exchange.
Are you saying that you believe the only thing Rosenbaum had done to threaten Rittenhouse was to throw a plastic bag at him?

Old 11-18-2021, 09:39 AM

9,413 posts, read 9,695,743 times
The bricks are for "self-defense" only according to the lefties.

Old 11-18-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I have no idea if he said he was hit with a piece of concrete, someone else made that claim. I was simply responding to it. Is there video of him getting hit with something, because I haven't seen it, if so.

Are you saying that justifying using deadly force is NOT necessary in this trial?
I haven't been able to watch every second of the trial. If it was mentioned then perhaps he was responding to a question that had been asked, or, he was simply recounting a timeline of events. There's no reason to be fixated on a chunk of concrete, unless you're trying to use it as a trigger point.

Old 11-18-2021, 09:52 AM

37,835 posts, read 21,902,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The issues I felt some commonality with the left on I don't openly discuss. Not even on an "anonymous" forum such as this. But those are issues I have laid completely aside now. I plant my flag and pitch my tent on the right side of the line. It's come time to make a stand and there is no way in good conscience I coul throw in with the left in any way shape or form.

There's nothing to sit on the fence with any longer. Yessir, comes a time in a man's life where he has to take a stand and commit with certainty. A line from a movie comes to mind, "those without swords can still die upon them." I'd rather go down with one in my hand on the side I feel has the proper view on things. It does seem as if it's coming to a fight sooner than later.

I honestly didn't think that the Rittenhouse trial would be the catalyst to bring everything to a head but it certainly is looking that way.
I was a fence sitter half of my life. I always spoke the line "I'm not a republican or democrat, I just vote for the best candidate," and then never was motivated to vote. It was not until I started to notice blatant lies from the dems, and some of their outrageous comments, that I sat up and started to pay attention.

I first sat up and paid attention, after I saw the leader of the Democrats in the House, sitting in a school cafeteria on C-SPAN. He flat out lie that kids in that school would go hungry because the Republicans were cutting money for school lunches.

The repubs were in fact increasing the school lunch funding, but the dems countered with a proposal to double the repubs increase. Them dems created a false narrative that the repubs 3% increase was "a cut" because the dems proposed a 6% increase. and of course the lying media repeated the false narrative, to make it sound like the school lunches were CUT.

The next day the principle of that school was forced to go on TV and tell upset parents that everything Democrat leader said was untrue, that there school didn't even use federal funding to pay for school lunches. To this day, I see the same deceitful tactic used by dems, characterizing a repub increase as a "heartless, mean spirited cut" because the dems played the game of countering the repubs increase with their own larger increase, so they can call it "a cut."

Old 11-18-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Yeah I get ya. If only there were some reason for bricks to be at the corner of 63rd and 22nd.

I only found this building at 2198 63rd St, which is the corner of 63rd and 22nd. I can't imagine why they would need bricks there. Surely it's the dang liberals setting you up again!

There's no "whining and crying about the sources" it's people telling the sheep to use common sense. I forget if the red hatted crowd are backing the blue today or not, but don't you think the police would have issued a formal statement?
Is this the corner where the bricks are seen? Or are the bricks on a different corner?

As far as that (already built) brick building, it seems the damage is wood damage. Shouldn't there be piles of lumber instead of bricks?

The second location has no brick building on the NW corner, it's a small wood house.

Old 11-18-2021, 10:16 AM

28,395 posts, read 16,265,163 times
Quote:
I haven't been able to watch every second of the trial. If it was mentioned then perhaps he was responding to a question that had been asked, or, he was simply recounting a timeline of events. There's no reason to be fixated on a chunk of concrete, unless you're trying to use it as a trigger point.
I'm not fixated on anything.

I haven't watched much of the trial at all. Based on the videos that I've seen - to include the FBI drone footage - the first shooting is the only one that is a questionable use of force, IMO.

I've said that same thing since the day any of the videos were released.

Old 11-18-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I'm not fixated on anything.
m'kay, if you say so.

Quote:
I haven't watched much of the trial at all. Based on the videos that I've seen - to include the FBI drone footage - the first shooting is the only one that is a questionable use of force, IMO.

I've said that same thing since the day any of the videos were released.
Have you explained in the master thread, since this thread is about bricks, what exactly it is that makes you think the first shooting is iffy as far as self defense?

Old 11-18-2021, 10:34 AM

28,395 posts, read 16,265,163 times
Quote:
m'kay, if you say so.

Have you explained in the master thread, since this thread is about bricks, what exactly it is that makes you think the first shooting is iffy as far as self defense?

I can't remember. IMO, being chased by an unarmed person is not necessarily sufficient justification for lethal use of force. I'm not intimately familiar with Wisconsin's self defense legislation, though. <shrug>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies