Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2021, 06:57 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
And why did the person who photographed the bricks and put it out for the world to see not remove the bricks?

If I came upon a load of brick I'd call the city, then remove the abandoned so they couldn't be used to cause damage.
A theft charge perhaps?

Lord knows I could find a GOOD use for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2021, 07:05 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,305,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Gateway Pundit publishes what they publish because they know their audience. Right wingers don't want real news. Just raw meat to reinforce their own world view.
RWNJ's, sure. Just like the LWNJ's.

What is shown isn't a "pile of bricks". It's neatly-stacked, wrapped, delivered from a pallet just like you'd see at any construction site. Now, the question deserves more scrutiny as to whether there's an ongoing or about to start project right there.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:13 AM

45,538 posts, read 27,139,190 times
From the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Exactly what happened last summer in 2020, when BLM and Antifa were dumping piles of bricks before the riots:

https://twitter.com/Restricted1900/s...18232857444354

Kenosha police scanner activity showed that the police have been contacted and made aware of the piles of bricks.
The fact checkers say...

This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules.

-------------------

Idea... a bunch of people from the community should surround the bricks so that the goons can't get to them. Don't take them and break the law.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:27 AM

1,952 posts, read 826,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I don't believe that's accurate.

I remember during cross examination, Rittenhouse DID say he was hit in the back with what he said was a chunk of concrete...not a brick.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:46 AM

4,503 posts, read 1,859,807 times
The were left there by local contracting firm Bricks Lumber Mortar

Old 11-18-2021, 07:54 AM

23,428 posts, read 12,476,525 times
This story is coming from an audio recording by the police on the police scanner.
Since it's based on an audio recording of the police scanner there are no photos at this time of the bricks in Kenosha and the photos used for the story are "file photos". Even the Gateway Pundit had labeled the photo as a "file photo".

Apparently people in here are not paying attention, maybe because they're too busy whining and crying about the sources?

The link to the police scanner audio can also be found in the GP story.
Begins at the 1:11 mark
https://files.catbox.moe/l94xxt.mp3

The areas being talked about on the police scanner where the bricks are:
63rd and 22nd
67th and 21st on the NW corner

Old 11-18-2021, 08:06 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,613,074 times
(sigh) I see the leftists once again making accusations of sensationalism against those they disagree with when sensationalism is part and parcel to the left's agenda. Case in point is the rifle Rittenhouse used that's led up to all this. Fantastic and oh so cool sounding terms and "technical facts" about the AR 15. ANti firearms types and gun control law advocates used that drivel put out by that supposed "trauma surgeon" saying that projectiles fired from an AR caused much more damage and wounds that were much worse and difficult to treat and the left ran with it for months. I still see it pop up here and there as "fact." as presented by the left.

Then they pop up in a thread like this and say that "right winger" are just slavering over untruth in order to sensationalize something like coyotes over fresh meat when they themselves are guilty of far worse. Regularly. Daily. Just watch CNN. I used to consider myself a moderate politically but particular views and opinions I have on certain issues negates everything I may have once felt in common with the left thanks to leftist sensationalism. So I gave up and color me a "right winger."

Made up stuff like "systemic racism" "cultural appropriation" Republicans are all every one White supremacists blah blah ad nauseum and ALL from the left. But anyone with a single opinion that even glances to the right is a racist White supremacist Hitler humping seig heil daffier than an outhouse rat domestic terrorist nut ball. With cheese. Yet they pounce on a story like this one and fly into right wing conspiracy theory cuz the right side of the spectrum just eats up sensationalism.

A coupleof those posters I just described I've seen in this thread have flatly stated that anyone who thinks Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self defense is a Nazi. Straight up. So please spare me the accusations of sensationalism and lies from the right. I'm not saying that doesn't happen BUT the left is guilty of far worse. They ruin peoples lives with their lies and overblown accusations. "Cancel culture" ring a bell? Just who is it that started and ran with that again? In the words of the great wacist wabbit Bugs Bunny "Awwwwww...Shaddup!"

Old 11-18-2021, 08:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,364,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
I remember during cross examination, Rittenhouse DID say he was hit in the back with what he said was a chunk of concrete...not a brick.
Oh, the defendant who needs to show justifiable use of deadly force said he was hit with something? That settles it, I guess.

Old 11-18-2021, 08:12 AM

6,615 posts, read 2,948,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Oh, the defendant who needs to show justifiable use of deadly force said he was hit with something? That settles it, I guess.
Nah,...defendant doesn't need to say anything.

The multiple video evidence is enough to demonstrate self-defense.

Old 11-18-2021, 08:13 AM

12,027 posts, read 6,559,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
The police should watch the pile and arrest anyone who picks one up.
That would be using common sense — a commodity in very short supply here in America…….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies