Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2021, 06:39 PM

6,442 posts, read 2,833,942 times

Advertisements

Everyone is gonna have a different experience. And the anecdotal stories are infinite.

Nobody likes when another ethnicity explains to You, what the experience of Your ethnicity is like. You don't live in their shoes, it's just not possible.

I'm from NY. It is super diverse here. Almost the epitome.
I have tons of stories and have seen just about everything.

Horrible things from all walks of life. If they aren't aggressing you with their fists they are doing it with money.

I can deal with snobs.

but At the end of the day, it's the violent ones that gots to go.

Old 11-18-2021, 06:45 PM

979 posts, read 407,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I get out plenty. I've been to plenty of restaurants. I worked in a restaurant once. I've only seen that kind of behavior from any Black person once. And it was a customer I was serving. I've been inside plenty of Chinese restaurants and never saw that kind of behavior.

I don't know what cities you've been to. I might expect this in Detroit or Philadelphia. I never saw this in the Atlanta area while I was living there (and I got out plenty).
Ok. You've seen it once. I've seen it plenty.

Now what?

Old 11-18-2021, 06:45 PM

6,081 posts, read 4,555,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
According to the left, these attacks are rooted in white supremacy and will be added to their reservoir of hate crime articles phrased in such a way to make the average headline-only reader believe that there is an epidemic of hate crimes because of conservatives/republicans and the only way to cure this disease is to vote Democrat. Amen!
What a weird response. To be concerned about some partisan nonsense with no mention of condemning a violent attack that was done for any reason at all, let alone motivated by someone attacking someone violently for racial reasons.

Old 11-18-2021, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post

but At the end of the day, it's the violent ones that gots to go.
Yes ... the cavemen have got to go.

I've seen plenty of irrational people of all races who have no idea how to reason, no idea how to talk things out when a situation arises. They go right to wanting to punch, hit, stab or shoot.

They lack emotional and impulse control.

Old 11-18-2021, 06:55 PM

72,807 posts, read 62,121,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
Ok. You've seen it once. I've seen it plenty.

Now what?
You've seen it far more than I have. Both of us get out alot. Why are you seeing it far more than me? Maybe it's a problem in your city. I haven't seen much of it at all in places I've lived in.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
You've seen it far more than I have. Both of us get out alot. Why are you seeing it far more than me? Maybe it's a problem in your city. I haven't seen much of it at all in places I've lived in.

I'm seeing it less now that I'm spending more time in the suburbs.

Philadelphia is a nasty city with more than it's fair share of nasty people.

There's your answer.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Ok.

I'm not trying to figure it out.
Well I am trying to figure it out. I take places and situations case by case. I like to analyze things. I sit and think about things.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Well I am trying to figure it out. I take places and situations case by case. I like to analyze things. I sit and think about things.
See edited post #99.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I'm seeing it less now that I'm spending more time in the suburbs.

Philadelphia is a nasty city with more than it's fair share of nasty people.

There's your answer.
I've never been to Philadelphia. I know it has a bad reputation. I don't know how Philadelphia got that way. I've often wondered about something. Whenever I hear of some story involving crime and Black people, Philadelphia is one of the top cities I hear about. Another reason I sit and think about things is because there are things that leave me wondering. I've lived in a few different regions of the USA. I've dealt with my share of racism having grown up in the South. However, when I come to city-data, I think about some of the racial comments that come up. From patterns I've noticed, Pennsylvania seems to be a hot spot in this regard. No, I don't think all people from PA are racist. I just consider where some people hail from when it comes to some of the comments here. Having never been to Pennsylvania, it would be very easy for me to assume that Pennsylvania is a state of racial tensions. However, since I have never been there, I would have to go for myself.

I've been to Atlanta (grew up in the suburbs of Atlanta, held 2 jobs in the city in Atlanta, having been around both the city and its suburbs), Nashville, Dallas, Huntsville. I've never seen that kind of behavior that you describe going on in restaurants. Philadelphia doesn't have the same culture that Atlanta does. I've been to several restaurants with a decent-size Black clientele, and never saw such behavior that you describe. And the one time I saw it, I was the waiter on the receiving end. A customer refused to pay over some mix up. The worst behavior I've seen, being a customer, was being given slower, passive-aggressive service.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I've never been to Philadelphia. I know it has a bad reputation. I don't know how Philadelphia got that way. I've often wondered about something. Whenever I hear of some story involving crime and Black people, Philadelphia is one of the top cities I hear about. Another reason I sit and think about things is because there are things that leave me wondering. I've lived in a few different regions of the USA. I've dealt with my share of racism having grown up in the South. However, when I come to city-data, I think about some of the racial comments that come up. From patterns I've noticed, Pennsylvania seems to be a hot spot in this regard. No, I don't think all people from PA are racist. I just consider where some people hail from when it comes to some of the comments here. Having never been to Pennsylvania, it would be very easy for me to assume that Pennsylvania is a state of racial tensions. However, since I have never been there, I would have to go for myself.

I've been to Atlanta (grew up in the suburbs of Atlanta, held 2 jobs in the city in Atlanta, having been around both the city and its suburbs), Nashville, Dallas, Huntsville. I've never seen that kind of behavior that you describe going on in restaurants. Philadelphia doesn't have the same culture that Atlanta does. I've been to several restaurants with a decent-size Black clientele, and never saw such behavior that you describe. And the one time I saw it, I was the waiter on the receiving end. A customer refused to pay over some mix up. The worst behavior I've seen, being a customer, was being given slower, passive-aggressive service.
People make comments. Doesn't necessarily mean they're racist.

The only racial tension is when people think they may be in harm's way or are paranoid about being treated a certain way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies