Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2021, 07:13 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
Do you take a video of what they said or did to black people?

Any video showing an Asian beating black please share.

For older generations, the majority of them do not speak English at all so you mean you understand both Chinese and Hindi? Do you know some of the Chinese accents are totally different from others so they sound like another set of language?

Why they have opinions against blacks? If they see enough videos showing black people attacking the Asians their negative option is a natural result. You can call it stereotype but not being racial.

And even they are racial it has nothing to do with the case here. I have very negative opinions toward black ever since the beginning of this year when many seniors were knocked down by blacks, but I don't think I am racial. When I see a group of black people on the street I will go another way. That is my road right.
First, you don't get to question MY experience.

Second, no, I didn't take videos. This was back in the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s (I moved to the US in '97). Video, cell phones, and social media weren't things then. Surely you know this (?). There also weren't any news reports of Blacks attacking Asians, so there would be have been no reason for Asians to fear them.

Third, yes, the older generations who were born abroad often CAN speak enough (broken) English to express an opinion. I was there; I know.

I haven't suggested for a second that Blacks can't be racist or violent. As I said earlier, here in the US, I've been on the receiving end of their racism many times, and as a former government employee, I've had to deal with very aggressive Black females (like the teenage girls in the OP's video) several times. I actually felt physically threatened a couple of times. OTOH, I've never once felt physically threatened by an Asian person.

But in the absence of violence, finger pointing when it comes to accusations of racism is almost always hypocritical.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:21 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
No.

I was wondering what he wants me to say.

The Irish WT don't talk things out.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:36 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
And until Asians stop voting Democrat, they will continue to be easy targets for the black community.

Imagine voting for the same political party as the demographic that hates you, it’s pure insanity.
To me, it's worse than that. The Democrats don't just blindly receive black votes. They openly pander to black people, especially the worst elements within that demographic. Defund the police. Racial reckoning. Black Lives Matter. Restorative justice. Decriminalization. All of this, and much more, is the Democrats openly sucking up to the thugs and the criminals in the black community. Asians who vote Democrat are voting to support the party that supports the demographic that is brazenly assaulting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
So you think the “black community” targets asians? Do you target asians?

It has nothing to do with how Asians vote. Stop trying shame Asians for voting choices. This is about a violent, angry subset of Black people in inner cities that attack Asians and anyone else they can.
The black community, as a whole, does not target Asians. But some black people, in numbers disproportionate to their share of the population, do target Asians. ("Disparate impact," anyone?) Sure, Asian-Americans can vote for whomever they like. But that doesn't mean that it makes sense to some of us, and that doesn't mean that we can't comment on it.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:42 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times
The black community is its own worst enemy. As long as they keep embracing the cycle of poverty and blame their bad choices on others, nothing will change.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:48 AM

1,952 posts, read 828,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
The black community is its own worst enemy. As long as they keep embracing the cycle of poverty and blame their bad choices on others, nothing will change.

This!

Yes, they can attack Asians and blame mean ol' whitey for this or that and blabber on about Jim Crow, redlining and other things that happened decades ago, but the truth remains that black America's worst enemy is THEMSELVES.

Change your culture and lose the victim mentality and they will change the world. Until then...forget it.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:02 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Anyone can be racist. I have personal experience to prove it. I have experienced racist behavior from some White individuals. I've also experienced it from some Hispanic individuals.
While what you state here is factually correct, there is a widespread belief, promulgated and propagated by the left, that people of color cannot be racist. And a lot of nonwhite people believe that 100%.

This past summer, a tall and bulky black man was filmed calling an officer of the New York Police Department "ch..k" at least 20 times, and he literally stated "blacks can't be racist!"

If it had been a white man doing that, or an Asian person saying the "N" word to a black NYPD officer, I don't want to imagine the outrage.

You are, based on the several posts I've read here, not someone who believes in that nonsense from the left. But a lot of people do, and the unfortunate truth is that a lot of people are beginning to strongly dislike people of color because of this "nonwhites can't be racist" idiocy.

And again, the following isn't "targeted" at you because you're not part of the problem, but - this is another example of how the left's ideas and actions backfire: the left claims it fights for nonwhites but it is actually increasing animus against nonwhites.

Who loses, at least theoretically? People of color, including you.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I lived in Philadelphia for 10 years. There were certainly some things that I liked about it, but I can't deny that racial tensions were a thing there. The city was hyper segregated, with only a very, very few neighborhoods (mine being one of them) being racially integrated. When I lived there, it was all black and white. Asians, if they existed at all, were pretty much invisible. I don't know how it is now.

As for Pennsylvania, it feels very "has been" to me. The cities and also the rural areas feel like they stopped progressing sometime after 1955 or so and have just slowly but surely decaying ever since then. I don't go there much anymore, despite living in an adjacent state, but whenever I'm there, this feeling hits me hard. I don't need a sign to tell me when I've crossed the state line on I-83 heading north; the landscape, the built environment, even the quality (or lack thereof) of the highway engineering and maintenance are noticeably different right away.
Interesting. I've driven into PA a few times over the past few years and didn't notice that. I did see that certain areas of PA are more "blue-collar" than the areas I am generally present in here in my state. But i didn't see that drastic change you speak of. Perhaps from where you are, it does happen.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I haven't suggested for a second that Blacks can't be racist or violent. As I said earlier, here in the US, I've been on the receiving end of their racism many times, and as a former government employee, I've had to deal with very aggressive Black females (like the teenage girls in the OP's video) several times. I actually felt physically threatened a couple of times. OTOH, I've never once felt physically threatened by an Asian person.
This is something that a lot of people of various races either lack the courage to hear or the willingness to consider.

An earlier post on this thread which I myself wrote alluded to the fact that while the percentage of blacks in the U.S. who are criminal and/or likely to engage in violence against strangers is small especially if compared to the 40 million persons who are black and who are present in the U.S., the frequency of these incidents generates a perception which in the minds of many becomes reality.

Another claim made in this thread and in several others on C-D is that Asians have been targeted because they are seen, rightly or wrongly, as passive and unwilling to fight back. But based not only on this post, written by a white Canadian woman who has now lived in the U.S. for more than 20 years, but also on many other comments I've seen here (and even, I will add, in websites which the average person would describe as "white nationalist" or "white supremacist"), the generalized perception of Asians by people in the U.S. (and this is not only by white people) is that Asians tend NOT to be violent.

This did not happen starting yesterday. Asians have been in this country for many decades and while Asians are diverse in language, customs, origins, religion, and socioeconomic status and educational achievement, by and large, the reason this is the way they are seen stems from repeated experiences with them as reported and recorded by non-Asians.

It would take generations of different conduct for Asians to be seen as potentially violent, and tragically, the negative perception many have about blacks - whether based on reality and facts or on ignorance, racism, prejudice, and irrationality - to change.

As another person wrote, I too have no fear being around black nerds. I've seen countless blacks in my daily activities given residence and employment have kept me within the outer rings of a major U.S. city in the mid-Atlantic. I've never been mugged or beaten and as long as I minded my business, blacks around me did the same. This reinforces my claim that the percentage of criminal blacks is tiny.

But if I had to honestly "choose," I'd say that on average, I'd feel less fear around a crowd of Asian males than a crowd of black males (if it were black grandfathers and grandmothers coming out of church with Bibles in hand, I'd feel zero fear - case by case).

Old 11-19-2021, 08:22 AM

6,661 posts, read 2,966,569 times
Quote:
Asians who vote Democrat are voting to support the party that supports the demographic that is brazenly assaulting them.
But as talked about before , with Green_Mariner, I think, this behavior can vary from place to place.

Asians living in an area where these assaults don't really happen won't use that as a factor when they hit the voting booth.

I am an Asian in NYC. I don't vote Dem. But saying that in this area is like pissing in the wind.

Quote:
The black community, as a whole, does not target Asians. But some black people, in numbers disproportionate to their share of the population, do target Asians. ("Disparate impact," anyone?) Sure, Asian-Americans can vote for whomever they like. But that doesn't mean that it makes sense to some of us, and that doesn't mean that we can't comment on it.
I hesitate to bring up this "disparity" thing because it always leads to " Therefore,...All X is like this".

Invoking the 'Disproportionate ' 'Disparate' argument is only selectively cared about in most headlines.

The whole Correlation = causality leap. Just gets messy, imho.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:39 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
The video didn't want to play right for me but I got the jist. Is this indicative of a general animus twit Blacks and Asians? Not so sure. I spent some time is Asian countries growing up when my Dad was in the Navy. The PI and Japan specifically. Asians do have their own views on race. Filipinos are Asian, but you'll be hard pressed to find other Asians who feel any ethnic kinship with them. The Japanese sure don't.

But things are more than a bit different with Asians here in the US. One thing the Asian mind is very focused on is conformity. When they immigrate here they want to assimilate. Pat of that is changing their outlook on race from what is was in China, SE Asia, Korea wherever. The Japanese are very big on conformity. They may not totally lay their traditional values aside especially at home but openly out in society they make a very serious endeavor to be Americans.

I don't have enough time nor inclination to go into the complexities of the Asian mind right now, but the mindset exhibited by these girls in the video is far less complicated. Straight up rat pack mentality. Tossing out racial slurs is pat and parcel to that. I don't think it represents an attitude towards Asian by Blacks in the US in general so much as just a convenient ingredient to this particular mix. That being said it IS a facto that should be added to charges they are facing. Absolutely.

What they did and adding a racial element to it is a complete violation of our laws. The fact that they are Black does not exempt them from that in any way shape or form. They did the crime, they pay the price. Any arguments about the inability of Black people to be racist just don't hold up in the sunlight. I don't see any controversy in that. It is what it is. They chose to inject race into their crime and that's that. They should be treated no differently from anyone else of any race that injects race into any crime. Like it or not there are hate crime statutes on the books and they apply here.

End of line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies