Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2021, 09:24 AM

13,741 posts, read 7,999,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Many Asian women want to marry white men (including Americans), true. But it is not because they think white men are more mature than Asian men.
I'm sure there are many reasons. However, one reason a J-woman might prefer White men is because they don't consider them a mama's boy.

I taught at various J-universities for over 20 years and the maturity level for the age 18-20 year old male is shocking low. This is often because the mother has waited on them hand and foot since the day they were born. It's not unusual for a twenty-year old to have never done their own laundry or cooked anything other than noodles.

It's not surprising a young J-lady who has lived a few years abroad in a Western country prefers to date/marry a Western man.

As to why Asian American women marry White American men at a higher rate than the other way around. Again I'm sure the reasons vary. However I suspect few consider their American husband to be less immature or more irresponsible than their Asian-American counterpart.

Last edited by john3232; 11-20-2021 at 09:58 AM..

Old 11-20-2021, 09:50 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I'm referring to men from England, Canada Australia and the US (or the nationalities I worked with.) The J-women I refer to didn't care for Asian men because they consider them "mama's boys." And this is esp. true for J-women who have spent time living abroad.

Being an American I never had any problems dating J-woman. In fact being an American was often a plus given one of the first things asked was my nationality.

American men, regardless of race or age, ARE immature and irresponsible.

That's such nonsense. I don't have the stats. but suspect you'll find the number of Chinese women in the US who marry a White man is higher than the other way around.
No, it's not nonsense. You might not like hearing it, but it's the truth.

There's a big difference between Canadian, British, and Australian men vs American men.

I've been back in the dating world for 7+ years since I left my 23-year marriage, and I haven't met one single man I'd want to be a relationship with, let alone marry. Not one. And I've met many.

If they haven't been divorced 3+ times and in and out of countless relationships (with the STDs to show for it), they have addictions out the wahoo and/or seem, in various ways, to have never really grown up. BTW, I'm talking about men from their late 40s to early 60s, not young guys in their 20s. Most of them are dads and grew up with their own dads in the home. We won't even talk about their health issues due to how they abuse their bodies.

I'm not saying there aren't American women with the same issues, but I don't date women.

I could say much more, but I'm already off topic.

The reason white American women are less likely than white American men to date/marry Chinese partners is due to other reasons besides maturity.

Again, to bring it back to the topic of this thread, problems in the AA community are due to broader, deeper sociological issues than simply "fatherless" homes.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 11-20-2021 at 10:02 AM..

Old 11-20-2021, 09:57 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
From outside looking in I'd speculate the reasons Black on Asian attacks are only a huge issue in coastal large cities is that super high and continuously rising rents are very hard on poor people and make them feel threatened by outsiders who control the local economy. Most of these same places had similar attacks against Jewish immigrants decades ago. Yet in major Black areas of the South and Midwest there is no legacy of such targeted attacks.

Old 11-20-2021, 09:59 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post

I taught at various J-universities for over 20 years and the maturity level for the age 18-20 year old male is shocking low. This is often because the mother has waited on them hand and foot since the day they were born. It's not unusual for a twenty-year old to have never done their own laundry or cooked anything other than noodles.

Question: why do you think Asian-American women marry White American men at higher percentage than the other way around? Esp. if White men are considered "immature and irresponsible."
I've worked on college campuses in the US. There are plenty of 18-20-year-old men who fit your description of the young Japanese men the same age. I don't know how you could think otherwise.

I didn't single out "White American" men. I said American men, regardless of race or age, tend to be immature Granted, Asian American men are generally much better than White, AA or Hispanic men, but even then, I think there's probably a difference between Asian American men, and Asian-Canadian/Asian-Brit/Asian-Australian men.

The problem is cultural.

Old 11-20-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
No, it's not nonsense. You might not like hearing it, but it's the truth.

There's a big difference between Canadian, British, and Australian men vs American men.

I've been back in the dating world for 7+ years since I left my 23-year marriage, and I haven't met one single man I'd want to be a relationship with, let alone marry. Not one. And I've met many.

If they haven't been divorced 3+ times and in and out of countless relationships (with the STDs to show for it), they have addictions out the wahoo and/or seem, in various ways, to have never really grown up. BTW, I'm talking about men from their late 40s to early 60s, not young guys in their 20s. Most of them are dads and grew up with their own dads in the home. We won't even talk about their health issues due to how they abuse their bodies.

I'm not saying there aren't American women with the same issues, but I don't date women.

I could say much more, but I'm already off topic.

The reason white American women are less likely than white American men to date/marry Chinese partners is due to other reasons besides maturity.

Again, to bring it back to the topic of this thread, problems in the AA community are due to broader, deeper sociological issues than simply "fatherless" homes.
No it's not. I lived in Asia for many years and while there are certainly cultural differences between Canadian, British, Australian and American men. We share the Western concept of "ladies first."

Now, we might not always follow such a concept but we understand it's importance. Thus it's not unusual for an American woman to marry a man from another Western country.

But an American woman marrying a man born and raised in an Asian country? Good luck with that.

Old 11-20-2021, 10:27 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:

The dating pool in which you are swimming consists of men who have either failed in relationships, or have never had one in the first place. There are plenty of mature, responsible American men; but they are not available to you, because they are busy being married to their original spouses and earning a living and raising their children.

Old 11-20-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I've worked on college campuses in the US. There are plenty of 18-20-year-old men who fit your description of the young Japanese men the same age. I don't know how you could think otherwise.

I didn't single out "White American" men. I said American men, regardless of race or age, tend to be immature Granted, Asian American men are generally much better than White, AA or Hispanic men, but even then, I think there's probably a difference between Asian American men, and Asian-Canadian/Asian-Brit/Asian-Australian men.

The problem is cultural.

I'm sure there are but what I described regarding young Japanese men is the norm. Not the exception. They do absolutely nothing around the house. And after marriage... many expect their wife to pick up where their mother left off.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
True. All the good ones are taken.

But there are divorced men in Canada, in the UK/Europe, and in Australia, too. They don't seem nearly as messed up as their American peers are, though.

The other poster who worked overseas for years said himself that he sees a difference between American men and men from other Western countries. Because there IS a difference. I don't know what it is, but it's there.
Of course there are differences but we're also all from a Western country.

Korea, Japan and China ect. To be sure all Asian countries are different. However they certainly have more common with each other than Western countries.

Last edited by john3232; 11-20-2021 at 11:21 AM..

Old 11-20-2021, 11:18 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Black criminals understand that they won’t get harsh sentences for targeting other people of color, as opposed to white people, so Asians have now become the preferred victim of choice for black criminals. Asians aren’t known to fight back or protest either.

So Democrats will continue to bail out black criminals with impunity who target Asians daily.

Will Asians wake up one day and stop supporting the very political party that exploits them? We can only hope so.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:20 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
Asian American vs African American.... I'm a white male... so it's none of my business.
If you are an American of any color you should be concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies