Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2021, 07:04 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Whoever finishes the Mexican Border Wall gets my vote. Illegal immigration from Mexico must be stopped by any means necessary.

I don't care if the person has a D or R behind their name. D is very unlikely though.
Agreed, and not just finishing the wall but stop advocating for another amnesty, implement e-verify, continue with the workplace raids, end sanctuary cities, deport found illegals in a timely manner, end birthright citizenship for their kids and benefits, etc. etc. Re-implement all of Trump's immigration and asylum policies.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:06 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I don't want to even see the dumber one(s).
Hard hats are a frequent flyer in that respect.

When's the last time your employer forced you to inject a hard hat into your body for a desk job? And when's the last time your hard hat gave you heart damage?

Old 11-19-2021, 07:06 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
I remember that.....and right after that they mandated masks on airplanes because covid is such a massive risk on aircraft . Commercial planes have effective HEPA filtration and filter out cabin air every 3 minutes.

So tell me, how does one get exposed to a sufficient quantity of virus for 15 consecutive minutes when said virus gets filtered out of the surrounding air every three minutes with HVAC forcibly blowing said virus away from your face?

Theater everywhere.
and just think ... if we were having mass outbreaks from air travel, they surely would have either shut it down or constrained it further (like negative test w/in 48 hours).

And nevermind IN the plane - think about the mask-wearing practices within the crowded airports and sitting at a gate.

Or the practice in restaurants of wearing a mask for maybe 5% of the time you're inside.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
There is no republican party anymore. Trump has erased their existence. Any republican who doesn't support Trump are now rinos. The party has lost their way and their spine.
says the Democrat.

but yes, there's a small and vocal, but not in positions of power, group of individuals and even elected officials who continue to go by a purity test of "with Trump" or not.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:19 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The Republican Party is refusing to protect the RIGHTS of people to circulate in public without being exposed to a deadly disease.
You don't know what right's are and you don't know that everyone can spread covid, vaccinated or not.

Quote:
The Republican Party does not do anything about massive mergers in industries like airlines and telecom which hurt the middle class.
Mergers do not hurt the middle class and you have no proof

Quote:
The Republican Party is hypocritical when it comes to life. Putting someone to death is killing just like an abortion.
Agreed

Quote:
I have not voted for Democrats in more years than I can count and I will not now, but I will probably just stay home. I am disgusted with the actions of both parties.
Increased spending and debt, never ending wars in the Middle East, sky high welfare. There is little difference on the big ticket items, just the hand picked winners and losers change.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You have been misinformed.

In August, "unvaccinated people were 6.1 times more likely than fully vaccinated people to test positive for COVID-19 and 11.3 times more likely to die from it."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...clusives/95119

The stats vary by time and area. Texas Health Dept. released some astounding data the other day covering several months.

But in August, unvaccinated people were about 6 times more likely to contract Covid, and also at least 11 times more likely to die of it.

More people with higher viral loads means more transmission.
your problem is that (thankfully) he didn't trot out "the vaccinated spread it just as much". He just said the vaccine doesn't prevent - which obviously from your figures is true.

here's the chart

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...vaccine-status

In your "about 6x" is included that, guess what - the 65-80 crowd is even more likely to spread. And even more likely to die than the average.

Which is just additional proof that what we have is a pandemic of the old and infirmed. And that vaccine efficacy waned significantly - death rates for the vaccinated old people increased 10-fold and 20-fold from May to August

Old 11-19-2021, 07:22 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Trump started no new wars and had the least number of people coming in illegally through our borders in 40 years but he was mean on Twitter. He did spend like a sailor and support Federal Reserve market manipulation to make himself look good...that was his one fault.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:26 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
So loyalty to one man is better?
No, but loyalty to one's principle(s) is.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:36 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
It is not a helping issue, it is a RIGHTS issue. People have the RIGHT to circulate in public without being exposed to a deadly disease when there are ways to minimize that risk. That is why we have speed limits, stop sign, and traffic signals.
What’s stopping you from wearing a mask? Getting vaccinated? Standing 6ft apart? Taking vitamins? I haven’t even had a cold since this virus happened, I take care of myself I don’t expect the government to do it. Besides everything the government does they mess up, we had shutdowns, masks mandates, couldn’t go to restaurants, spas, salons for over a year. Didn’t really work any better then it being open.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:39 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The GOP talks about the sanctity of human life and stopping abortions yet most are very supportive of putting humans to death on death row.
If someone intentionally kills 4 people, I don't get care if they beg for their life.

They need to be fried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies