Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 03:16 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Oh yes, the days before Reagan started messing everything up.

I can agree.
Reagan was in the 50's?

Old 11-19-2021, 04:59 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Both parties pander to “true believer” idiots who vote based on cultural / religious / racial issues.

For example, the Republicans pander to white nationalists and evangelicals. The Democrats pander to the LGBT, BLM, and feminist movements.

Neither party can win by telling the truth. The slogan, “vote for us, and we will do the bidding of our corporate donors” is not really a winner.
More of your BS! The Republicans do not pander to white nationalists and again what's wrong with being a nationalist anyway? Confusing supremacism with that again? The Democrats pander to brown supremacists that think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for violating them.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Oldglory,

I seem to have touched a nerve. Maybe some introspection is in order.
How so? By setting your nonsense straight? I'm sure the truth of my posts touched a nerve of truth with you though!

Old 11-19-2021, 05:02 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
More of your BS! The Republicans do not pander to white nationalists and again what's wrong with being a nationalist anyway? Confusing supremacism with that again? The Democrats pander to brown supremacists that think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for violating them.
Believe whatever you want. The Republicans are happy to have you as a loyal voter.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:03 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The Republican Party is refusing to protect the RIGHTS of people to circulate in public without being exposed to a deadly disease.

The Republican Party does not do anything about massive mergers in industries like airlines and telecom which hurt the middle class.

The Republican Party is hypocritical when it comes to life. Putting someone to death is killing just like an abortion.

I have not voted for Democrats in more years than I can count and I will not now, but I will probably just stay home. I am disgusted with the actions of both parties.

Only liberal logic can come up with the decision you're implying you will make.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Believe whatever you want. The Republicans are happy to have you as a loyal voter.
Believe what I want? lol, the truth is out there for everyone to see but you choose to wear blinders instead.

Old 11-19-2021, 06:16 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Believe what I want? lol, the truth is out there for everyone to see but you choose to wear blinders instead.
I’ve seen the light! I will register as a Republican tonight.

Old 11-19-2021, 06:36 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,128,986 times
Quote:
The Republican Party is refusing to protect the RIGHTS of people to circulate in public without being exposed to a deadly disease.

The Republican Party does not do anything about massive mergers in industries like airlines and telecom which hurt the middle class.

The Republican Party is hypocritical when it comes to life. Putting someone to death is killing just like an abortion.

I have not voted for Democrats in more years than I can count and I will not now, but I will probably just stay home. I am disgusted with the actions of both parties.
And the GOP has claimed to be the party in favor of business, and smaller government, but it now deprives business owners of the freedom to require customers and employees to take a vaccine that the Trump administration pushed for.

Why can’t the owner of the gym that I go to require that his customers be vaccinated? If he thinks that would help his business, why can’t he have that freedom?

So much for being the party of business or the party of smaller government.

Old 11-19-2021, 06:48 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:

What can Republicans do about this at the moment? There's a Democrat president, his DOJ and SEC are the ones responsible for trust-busting.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:10 PM

1,153 posts, read 631,158 times
Here's the thing I learned from Ron Paul losing the 2012 election.

Politics as a whole is a compromise.

In other words, you're never supposed to bank on getting your favorite or most preferred candidate elected. You're supposed to choose the lesser evil who will commit the least collateral damage.

If you hold your vote because your ideal candidate lost, THE OTHER SIDE WINS. There's no magical 3rd Party candidate who's going to storm the White House like an MCU Avenger and kick the "bad" candidate out while not even coming close to winning the popular vote.

And I realize that's a tough dilemma for many voters out there. I, too, used to struggle hard with this concept and write off voting altogether because I realized my ideal cnadidates have no chance real chance of getting elected.

But, now, I learned that if you're TRULY disgusted by the other candidate or politician, you will vote for the lesser evil as a political compromise to ensure that the other candidate's potential distasters can be prevented.

That said, I've said before that I voted for Jo Jorgenson in the 2020 election because I didn't care about Trump or Biden and I knowingly wasted by vote to make a point about the contrived flaws of the two party system.

After seeing how much damage Biden has done so far, though, my whole mindset has changed and now I'm willing to vote for anyone who has the biggest chance of defeating Biden on the other side.

You don't need to love the GOP because I find the party to be very hit or miss myself. But voting GOP, even if you're Independent or moderate like myself, is a compromise for preventing the full scale DNC agenda from being fulfilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies