Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 10:59 AM

1,951 posts, read 699,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
I was so disappointed. I thought Cheney would say something juicy. It was so meh

Old 11-19-2021, 11:13 AM

17,782 posts, read 13,673,847 times
If I were Liz Cheney I would have said that Ted Cruz is nothing but the dorky "Denny Kucinich" of the Republican party.

Only difference between Ted and Denny is that Denny's wife is way better looking.

Old 11-19-2021, 11:13 AM

45,557 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Maybe people will figure out that it's not Republican vs. Democrat anymore.

It's really Americans vs. the Global Elites right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why? Because Alex Jones said so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
When have you ever heard me quote Alex Jones about anything?

If you want to deal with Alex - talk to someone else.

Address me on what I just said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So if mentally ill conspiracy theory nut Alex Jones doesn't influence you, then how did you arrive to thinking it's really Americans vs. the Global Elites right now? From Soros? From Bill Gates?

Maybe in your world, people choose not to think for themselves and trust yourselves - and you need someone to tell you what to think.

Maybe in your world, everyone who disagrees with the narrative is mentally ill.

That's your world... so I have no clue.

I arrive at this thinking just from watching what's happening and making an honest, unfiltered assessment.

Old 11-19-2021, 01:48 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Why would I make a case that Cruz isn't a groveling cur? I just want to point out your hypocrisy.

Mission accomplished and well done, me!

Old 11-19-2021, 02:41 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I did a google search and could find nothing about Cruz responding to Trump's insinuation that his father was involved in the Kennedy assassination. It is an established fact, though, that soon after Trump made that smear Cruz planted his lips on Trump's backside where they remain to this day. If anyone can make a case that Cruz is not a groveling cur I'd be interested in seeing it.
Here ya go. Watch the whole thing, or fast-forward to the good part starting at 1:45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz44wKKQJh0

Old 11-19-2021, 04:20 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Here ya go. Watch the whole thing, or fast-forward to the good part starting at 1:45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz44wKKQJh0
Well, Cruz came out swinging there. Too bad he recanted everything he said and turned around and planted a wet one on Trump's keister.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:48 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The Squad would be a good place for her

The 2016 Republican primary was extremely viscous, so after the party's wounds have been healed, what Republican would return to that time and place to reinvigorate a bitter dispute between two Republicans?

Answer: any Democrat or Liz Cheney

Last edited by momonkey; 11-19-2021 at 06:04 PM..

Old 11-20-2021, 02:20 AM

29,214 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Angst will do that. Her old man was a clown. Good riddance to both.
Angst?
Sure.
But neither Cheney will ever spend a day as a Democrat in their iives.

I'm sure that they Wyoming GOP declaring her a non-Republican stung, but it won't stop her, and the party cannot arbitrarily reject any candidate who chooses to run as a Repub and qualifies to be on the ballot.

They know that and so does she.
The voters in Wyoming know they are the only ones who have the final say-so, and I'm sure they will decide the matter as they choose.

I have no idea if Liz will win or lose her primary.

But I am sure she will have at least one opponent.

I am absolutely sure that win or lose, Liz will be a Republican when it happens.

Old 11-20-2021, 04:56 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Angst?
Sure.
But neither Cheney will ever spend a day as a Democrat in their iives.

I'm sure that they Wyoming GOP declaring her a non-Republican stung, but it won't stop her, and the party cannot arbitrarily reject any candidate who chooses to run as a Repub and qualifies to be on the ballot.

They know that and so does she.
The voters in Wyoming know they are the only ones who have the final say-so, and I'm sure they will decide the matter as they choose.

I have no idea if Liz will win or lose her primary.

But I am sure she will have at least one opponent.

I am absolutely sure that win or lose, Liz will be a Republican when it happens.

She can call herself a Martian for all I care.

She is a traitor to the people that sent her to DC, and she will hear from them shortly.

Her Trump-endorsed primary opponent is Harriet Hageman.

Three other candidates dropped out of the race after the party urged them to clear the way for Hageman.

Two early polls (July) show Cheney losing to Darin Smith, and a third shows her losing to Chuck Grey.

These polls were conducted before the Trump endorsement of Hageman, but it shouldn't make a difference since Cheney appears to be limited to about 19-23% of the vote.

https://crowdwisdom.live/politics/20...se-race-polls/

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/202...ompete-cheney/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies