Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 05:36 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
From her written published work.... the thing I’ve been asking you if you have read. I knew you had not read any of it by what you are saying, it doesn’t mesh.

I suggest you read at least one of these so you can understand where I come up with that claim from: “The People’s Ledger,” “Systemically Significant Prices,” and “The Climate Case for a national Investment Authority,” plus others that are somewhat less clearly anti individual sole control of their own wealth, although the whispers of it are still there. Her thesis, “Karl Marx’s Economic Analysis and The Theory of Revolution in The Capital” has mysteriously disappeared from Moscow State University, but my guess based on the title would be her it’s not much different than her writing in the past five or so years, which are available. It is just amazing that you are acting like I have dreamed up these claims out of nowhere when I have read HER OWN WRITTEN WORDS and you are basing your assessment on I have no clue, but clearly not her own written words.

It is very much a legitimate point - says the person who has actually read her work.
None of those papers referenced = communist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 05:54 AM

4,898 posts, read 2,052,348 times
She is, WITHOUT ANY QUESTION, a true communist.

Any Republicans that supports her nomination should be voted out of office by the people they are supposed to be protecting since her goal is to destroy the United States. There is no way in hell that this communist should be in charge of our banking institutions.

She is straight up Red and I bet she still loves all the failed ideals of the Soviet Union, that led to their destruction.

Plus, she was arrested shoplifting and we’re going to give her control of the banking industry???

I truly do not understand why the people, who control Biden want to destroy the country…. Seriously, Biden is a brain dead to have a though of his own… Any time this idiots says something, he told by his handlers to immediately change it. This dumb@zz puppet doesn’t have the brain power to couldn’t balance a check book.

Old 11-20-2021, 05:55 AM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
She is a professor at Cornell so yes I am sure these is some research that can be criticized but what about her tenure at the treasury. The senators wanted her to hand over an undergrad thesis on Karl Marx economic theories from 40 years ago, yes that's significant.

The senators were quite welcome to question her credentials rather than digressing into McCarthy. That line of questioning was absurd and childish.
Did you feel the same way about the excoriation of Justice Brent Kavanaugh? bringing up an imaginary incident from high school with no solid corroborating evidence whatsoever...?

Old 11-20-2021, 07:33 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
Quote:
No I have not read her specific work but
Then what is the point of this topic?

Quote:
I have read her background. Where do you come up with the claim that she wants complete government control over personal wealth.
In her specific work you haven't read.

Quote:
No it was not a legitimate point and it was done to damage her integrity with simplistic comments like comrade. He could have questioned the points you raised but instead he chose the communist label and requested an undergrad thesis from 30 years ago.
It is a very legitimate point given her birth, her being raised and educated in the Soviet system, her subsequent writings and statements.

Quote:
That was a long winded statement by John Kennedy and ending with "comrade", she was never given the opportunity to respond.
First you criticize John Kennedy, pretending that he only attacked her based on where she was born, and then, when the actual, substantive questions are shown, you ignore the substance of the question.

A witness can take as long they want to answer, but a Senator only gets 5 minutes to ask questions so they ask them all at once, knowing if they don't, the witnesses will give a long winded answer to one question and not allow the others to be asked. The purpose is to get all the questions out. You don't really expect an answer, but you want the questions in the record and in public.

Quote:
You read through the entire "Peoples Ledger" or did you just take a few phrases out of context, did you know she is a college professor and these are academic papers open for debate.
I read the entire " The People's Ledger: How to Democratize Money and Finance the Economy". It is only 71 pages and half of that is footnotes. The paper is her ideas on how do get rid of private finance and have the government decide on what of worthy of funding and what is not. That is scary indeed.

Quote:
Still stuck on the "Karl Marx" paper from 30 years ago which was required when she went to Moscow University, yes that is important to the present day discussion.
Hey The Left wanted to back to someone's junior year in high school to say they were unfit for office, so a senior college paper seems like fair game, especially given everything she has said and written since then.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:49 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
the commie is out. good riddance.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...thdraws-523907
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies