Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2021, 08:31 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
No. That’s just it.
They don’t care. They don’t care about the cause, whatever it may be.
They care about the excuse to go out and enact violence and destruction, for their own personal reasons.
Most of these people, probably the majority of them, are loose screws. These are people who are just not happy with their lives for whatever reason, and any excuse to act out they will jump at the opportunity.
It’s really part of a larger mental health issue.
You are too kind. I dare say it goes beyond mental illness, into full blown *treason*.

It is no accident that the Left's Critical Race Theory in academia began soon after the Soviet Empire fell apart.

It is no accident that the Left began fomenting as many riots as possible after that time as well.

They just shifted gears, so to speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 08:32 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Unbelievable
Yet it's true. You can rest easy

Old 11-20-2021, 08:34 AM

3,220 posts, read 1,605,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpebrous View Post
Exactly this. The premise of Binger's case, as it is with all invocations of the assertion that Rittenhouse "had no business being there", is that the neobolshevik rioters were the sovereign enacting legitimate political authority by their rioting.

The Prosecutors' case for murder was manifestly tendentious, but they pursued it the way they did because the judgement they sought was an contextual equivalent to "resisting antifa-BLM". Rittenhouse's provocation had nothing to do with anything he did with his weapon. His provocation was cleaning up BLM graffiti.
It is not even right to use the word “provocation”, which in the courtroom requires an illegal act to be considered provocation. There was no illegal act on Kyle’s part.

That’s why they brought the bogus gun charge, if that held they would have a basis to argue “provocation”.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:37 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
What happens when the "scumbags" are people that hold the same political viewpoints as the people who are now sucking up to Rittenhouse? Meaning, if vigilantism is okayed, what happens when some violent left wing extremist decides to go to a rally such as the "Unite the Right" rally where James Alex Fields, Jr., decided to drive his car through a bunch of protesters because they feel justified in playing vigilante cop?
Ah, the old pull the one guy out of the hat trick. He's in prison and rightfully so. But it's a major pity that the antifa thug, who had bragged on video(which can be seen in the Fields thread) that he'd told Heyer to go stand in that street and to "prepare to get hit" then used his gun to threaten Fields causing him to drive down that street, isn't in prison too...nah, that antifa terrorist never even got a hand slap over his part in it.

Except for Fields, how many with the right-wing protesters have been known to burn loot and murder while "mostly peacefully" protesting or to attack average town folk who have nothing to do with the protests/riots? Seems the only times those on the right get into fights while protesting is when they're fighting leftist like blm antifa, and usually because it's blm antifa that attacks them.

Vigilantism is not being okayed. What is and has been okayed is the left leaders allowing terrorism in their cities.

But hey, if you're out there rioting and someone threatens to kill you, chases you down and tries to take your gun, slams you over the head with a skateboard, runs up to you and sticks a gun in your face, then feel free to shoot them. That is what defending your own life is all about.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:37 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
oh, you mean like rioting & destroying properties for 2 nights before the **** hit the fan on the night of Aug 25?

yeah, it would be nice if the woke politician allow cops and national guard to do their job instead of regular people picking up guns to do the job for them.
The first sentence is still deflecting and making this a political issue when it should be a non-political, anti-violence stance. I agree with law enforcement and the National Guard being able to do their job in the second sentence. I've been consistent with condemning vigilantism violence regardless of the political motivation, but I can tell you're not at a place to be able to be unbiased with that now. Please correct me if I am wrong and you actually do condemn violence and property destruction from right wing criminals as well, and I will gladly stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Ah, the old pull the one guy out of the hat trick. He's in prison and rightfully so. But it's a major pity that the antifa thug, who had bragged on video(which can be seen in the Fields thread) that he'd told Heyer to go stand in that street and to "prepare to get hit" then used his gun to threaten Fields causing him to drive down that street, isn't in prison too...nah, that antifa terrorist never even got a hand slap over his part in it.

Except for Fields, how many with the right-wing protesters have been known to burn loot and murder while "mostly peacefully" protesting or to attack average town folk who have nothing to do with the protests/riots? Seems the only times those on the right get into fights while protesting is when they're fighting leftist like blm antifa, and usually because it's blm antifa that attacks them.

Vigilantism is not being okayed. What is and has been okayed is the left leaders allowing terrorism in their cities.

But hey, if you're out there rioting and someone threatens to kill you, chases you down and tries to take your gun, slams you over the head with a skateboard, runs up to you and sticks a gun in your face, then feel free to shoot them. That is what defending your own life is all about.
As stated above, I condeman vigilantism as well, and do so across the board politically, regardless of my own personal political stances. As far as the self defense issue, the Rittenhouse criminal trial was adjudicated at this juncture, but I think it's a very reasonable position to condemn someone who willingly walked into a situation anticipating that violence would ensue.

Last edited by Jowel; 11-20-2021 at 08:45 AM..

Old 11-20-2021, 08:39 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
You are too kind. I dare say it goes beyond mental illness, into full blown *treason*.

It is no accident that the Left's Critical Race Theory in academia began soon after the Soviet Empire fell apart.

It is no accident that the Left began fomenting as many riots as possible after that time as well.

They just shifted gears, so to speak.
The crime is the crime. Whether it be treason or whatever.
The bigger issue is that of the mental stability of the majority of these participants.
And yeah, they are taken advantage of and weaponized via an agenda.
You are dealing with mentally fragile and unstable individuals that don’t take much to get them all fired up.
Yes, they are weaponized. That’s exactly what it is. It’s the reality version of like those sci fi movies with engineered super soldiers.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:42 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
how can it be "wrongful" death when it was ruled as self defense?

also, ever heard of Clean Hands Doctrine for civil cases?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/clean_hands_doctrine

https://definitions.uslegal.com/c/clean-hands-doctrine/
Clean hands doctrine has historically only been applied in connection with equitable relief, as the quotes you posted indicate. It has not traditionally been used in connection with suits seeking monetary damages. That would be more of a comparative negligence or comparative fault doctrine, which could allow for some damages but discounted for the plaintiff's actions if the jury/judge determines it was relevant. The persons shot by Rittenhouse could likely survive a motion for summary judgment if they decided to pursue a case; it's unclear how likely they would be to win on the merits. We'll see; they may not bring a suit.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:44 AM

24,629 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I don’t give them a pass. They should have been arrested and prosecuted. If Kyle hadn’t been there pretending to protect property, they’d be alive to face those charges.
It’s not Kyles fault they’re not alive, it’s their fault.

When an armed man is already running toward the police, you should probably not attack him.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:45 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
I finally watched the video. Clearly Kyle was under an intense attack and defended his own life. I think that I'm going to turn off the TV for a while and remember that most of the nation does not give a damn about the media's dysfunctional issues.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:52 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Wouldn't it be better to not have a violent situation like that in the first place? How is that good for anyone to see that play itself out all the time? As far as I'm concerned, the political slant is irrelevant when you have violent situations popping off like this and people think it's okay because "my side is always right".
"Violent situation"? Like the riots?

Yes it would be much better if blm antifa stopped being violent and actually peacefully protested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies