Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2021, 11:05 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I feel sorry for all involved. Because of Kyle's actions he has changed lives and families forever including his own. He had a semi automatic weapon. No one there was armed with that kind of weapon. In fact, what weapons did they even have.
Because of the attackers actions, they changed lives, and Rittenhouses gun wasn’t illegal. Doesn’t matter if they had his gun or their own gun, they attacked him and suffered the consequences…and many handguns are also semi automatic weapons, just like rifles and shotguns. Only full automatic weapons are illegal. His attackers chose poorly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 11:20 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I feel sorry for all involved. Because of Kyle's actions he has changed lives and families forever including his own. He had a semi automatic weapon. No one there was armed with that kind of weapon. In fact, what weapons did they even have.
I am seriously wondering, are you just trolling here, having fun getting reactions from people, or do you seriously lack any knowledge about this case to make such a post?

I mean how can someone have even the least bit of knowledge on this and not even know one of them had a gun and pointed it at Kyle.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:23 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Ah yes, the incompetent lawyer that nearly blew the most clear cut case of self defense I've ever seen is now upset that people are lining things up for his client to profit off of that he'll get no cut of.....No doubt he's VERY upset that his time in the spotlight is over.
Anyone who goes against trump family is now incompetent ? The guy won a big case. You guys can't be serious.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:25 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Hard lesson?

He’s famous and about to be a millionaire.

This country would be a far better place if there were others like him.
Be Careful what you wish for. I don't think you want to live in a world like that.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:30 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Hard lesson?

He’s famous and about to be a millionaire.

This country would be a far better place if there were others like him.
This country is in bad shape if we have to depend on 17 yo boys to protect cars lots from protesters wanting to set buildings on fire , break windows of businesses to steal merchandise.

He wanted to help so he got a friend to buy his gun and hide it.

Who taught him how to be a responsible man? Not the absentee father. Not the friend or his father. Not the car lot owner.

Old 11-21-2021, 12:17 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The left hates the verdict, so that means it's good and right!
Yep

Old 11-21-2021, 12:46 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarnla View Post
Portland is too far away to drive.

Is there any place in Wisconsin or Minnesota where people can join a protest against this horrible decision ?
Which horrible decision are you referring too? Do you mean the horrible decision to charge Kyle?

It's just that they way you worded it, it could be construed to mean the jury verdict, which wouldn't make any sense. I mean, the verdict was positive, Kyle was acquitted.

Old 11-21-2021, 01:43 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Be Careful what you wish for. I don't think you want to live in a world like that.

Why? It's not like he runs around randomly attacking people, lighting trash cans on fire, anally raping minors, threatening to kill people, like some of the clowns who attacked him. I would feel much safer with someone like Rittenhouse and his AR-15 around than the peckerwoods he pumped full of hot lead. I think Rittenhouse would be a great neighbor to have. If I ever found someone trying to break into my home, I would give him a call instead of the police. He's like a one man police force/clean up crew.

Old 11-21-2021, 02:47 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:

Is there any place in Wisconsin or Minnesota where people can join a protest against this horrible decision ?
Kenosha burned down so badly already, they still haven't recovered yet.

What parts of Wisconsin and Minnesota do you want burned down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The left hates the verdict, so that means it's good and right!
:Yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Simply crossing state lines isn't a crime in the United States. In this case, his crossing of state was just that...simple movement of an American citizen within the nation. Nothing illegal about it.

Yes, he did...most unnecessarily. It was never a criminal charge, and it had no bearing on the case other than the basic tautology that by being at a point B, he had been at some other point A at some earlier time in his day, week, life, etc. But that can be said for exactly everyone, anywhere, at any time.

Defendants are assumed innocent. That is our rule of law in the United States. So Rittenhouse entered the court as an innocent person accused/charged with 5 separate crimes. The party accusing did not prove Rittenhouse's guilt, therefore, no guilt exists. Since he walked into the court innocent and no guilt was proven otherwise, he walked out of the court the same 100% innocent as when he walked in.

He did not allege self-defense. His attorneys did not allege self-defense. His actions WERE IN FACT self-defense, and the prosecution was attempting to prove/convince a jury that his actions were murder. Self-defense WAS NOT ALLEGED, IT WAS ASSUMED as an axiomatic starting point according to the rule of law.

THAT is what you and the other knuckleheads out there need to get your head around, and you need to pray that if you ever end up in a court of law on the wrong end of an accusation, that everyone in the courtroom, the judge and the jury all think like me.

Grudgingly, and with editorial commentary, sure. What they failed to do was apologize and retract their earlier condemnations and proclamations of guilt within the court of public opinion, and a pox upon their houses for being so disingenuous.

Indeed, but given the outcome of this case being in defiance of the mob and the media, the court of public opinion lost power and the rule of law gained some back. Any case with evidence and written law this clearly in favor of the accused should never have even made it into a courtroom to begin with, but Rittenhouse was prosecuted to placate a mob and provide useful political sloganeering. If the jury set any sort of precedent, it should be that prosecutors with aims to score political points may want to review the law first to see if their case can stand up to it.
What a great weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Joyless Reid is paid to be a racist, she may or may not actually be one.
How about her friends?

I learned a new acronym this weekend, MWT.

Male White Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I thought liberals said protests are full of armed white supremacists running around?

Which part of Wisconsin or Minnesota do you prefer to loot?
Let me cite an acronym we learned last summer, MPP.

Mostly Peaceful Protest.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-21-2021 at 03:27 AM..

Old 11-21-2021, 03:07 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:

I thought liberals said protests are full of armed white supremacists running around?

Which part of Wisconsin or Minnesota do you prefer to loot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies