Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2021, 08:06 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

twitter thread that decimates the weak puling about if kyle was black:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmySweare...47215543095302
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Rather apt user name.
truth in advertising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2021, 08:21 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I've never seen an example of this. Could you point out an example?
Yes, the entire Rittenhouse trial. You know, the topic you're posting on?

Old 11-21-2021, 08:27 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I've never seen an example of this. Could you point out an example?
Covington Kids is the most obvious example. How many gullible idiots still believe all the lies?

And have you heard the one about how black people are just too stupid to get a picture ID?

Old 11-21-2021, 08:58 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
You can't be charged with tampering with the jury if there is no jury to tamper with.

Mr. Rittenhouse may, of course, sue President Biden for slander under his state's law, or the state in which Mr. Biden is cited as uttering the slander (there is no Federal law concerning slander or libel, save under very narrow circumstances mainly involving diplomats).

Of course, if he filed such a suit, claiming that Mr. Biden defamed his reputation in the community by saying he is, or that he associates with, White Supremacists, then Mr. Rittenhouse's reputation becomes the issue, and he would be subject to investigation and depositions.

I bet that Mr. Rittenhouse will not dare engage in such an action. No doubt, if he brings up the subject with his attorneys, they will shut it down quickly, for reasons stated.
What kind of "reputation" are you implying that Rittenhouse has, that is so bad his lawyers will not dare to file a defamation suit?

Old 11-21-2021, 09:04 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Oh, you mean like "Orange Man", "Tiny Hands", "Orange Hitler", tRump, etc?
I don't recall that poster being vocal about 'people should not be disrespectful or divisive' over the past four years when those things and worse were uttered. Suddenly it's a thing with that poster.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:07 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
No, not really for then one has to go with what they know inside of themselves and move on that.

As far as youtube goes......just another source of another's opinion of what they want people to believe.

But in any event, as said, I don't have TV.....it doesn't reach out here.
No. The entire trial, not with talking heads, the actual trial, as if you were sitting right there in the court room, is on YouTube.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:22 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
Exactly. Living in echo chambers only leads to isolation and hate... and division. Next rung up the ladder is hate crimes just so you know...

The entire concept of "hate crimes" is BS.

All else being equal....crime is crime.

The motivation behind it doesn't warrant a different name, charge or harsher punishment.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:24 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’m deeply disturbed by the trend I’m seeing of emotion over fact among so many Americans. I want to shake these people until their common sense is restored. It absolutely feels like people have become susceptible to cultish thinking. It’s based on groupthink and not truth yet it is gobbled up and repeated like a Bible verse. It’s perverse and ignorant and we need to restore sanity to our nation.
That won't do any good as these people never had any common sense to begin with. It's not part of their DNA.
Unfortunately too many of them vote for people who think the way they do. Or at least pander to them for their votes.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:24 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I don't recall that poster being vocal about 'people should not be disrespectful or divisive' over the past four years when those things and worse were uttered. Suddenly it's a thing with that poster.
The poster in question joined the forum in October 2021.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:25 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
The continuing blatant lies about Rittenhouse being a White supremacist That he "transported an illegal weapon across state lines" That he provoked the confrontations, and this also continuing litany of hand wringing emotional (gorilla tears) yammering about the AR 15 he used being such a horrible thing just floors me.

I read an article this morning about what's being reported still overseas ,the UK European countries etc, about this and there it's being reported that the varmints he shot (i refuse to call them victims) were all Black. Not that I care a fart in a high wind what the UK and Europe think but they're reporting what they heard from US media sources. So the narrative continues that KR is a White supremacist Hitler humper that was rampaging through Kenosha blasting away with an "assault rifle" at innocent peaceful Black protesters who were just "making their voices heard".

That none of it is true does not matter a whit and leftist media just can't let go of any of it. We've seen foreign posters here slinging that crap around and even arguing that it's true when it's been proven to be totally false and even malicious. Hell, US posters are still carrying that torch. Willful ignorance. Oh and the war drums are beating about the "gun culture" and how dangerous it is for the US to allow an armed citizenry especially in allowing us common folks "assault weapons" or "weapons of war." That's the real reason the media and its programmed zombies are so upset because it destroys their chance to use this case to further their anti 2A agenda. The truth just won't do here no no no!

After WW2 and Korea as well scads of issue weapons came home with soldiers and Marines. M1 Garands M1 carbines 1911 A1s in some less numbers even BARs capture German MG 40s and 44s, the designation escapes me at the moment but I think it was the MP 40 referred to as a "Schmeiser" 9mm sub machine gun, Walthers Lugers etc. Japanese weapons were garbage but quite a few Arisakas Nambus and such also came home as war trophies. Actual true "weapons of war." Thee were no mass shootings or rampant murder done with them. I often wonder where all that ended up. A guy can't scrounge a shot out surplus Garand for under 1200 bucks now. I knew a guy growing up, old cowboy type, who was a brand inspector here. He had his M1 carbine from Korea and often carried it with him when he was out on remote calls.

It was the real deal with a happy switch. And wonder of wonders it never jumped out of his truck or off his saddle and went crazy. Imagine that. He told me when he came home on a ship he just walked off the dock hailed a cab got in with it and went home. Nobody batted an eye. Strange how this was a LOT less violent a society back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies