Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 07:32 AM

6,628 posts, read 2,951,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
When I was in Iraq there were a few 17 year old infantrymen in my battalion. One of them even got a Purple Heart by the end of his tour.
People have a right to stay home or keep their kids home. I don't know how life is lived in Kenosha, but far be it from me to begrudge anyone from wanting to stand up against a riot of angry arsonists trashing innocent people's livelihoods when they're abandoned by law enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 07:32 AM

19,024 posts, read 13,932,533 times
Quote:
When I was in Iraq there were a few 17 year old infantrymen in my battalion. One of them even got a Purple Heart by the end of his tour.
Same here.

Difference is we were trained, acting under orders and guidance, had proper support systems, a defined enemy, etc.

Let's try to stick to the facts of this particular case. Kyle the civilian, as my child, did not do what I'd want my kids to do.

To be clear again, since we know how these discussions devolve - I fully support the verdict considering that the situation happened and there is no taking that back now. I'm glad that 2 mopes are dead and a 3rd is maimed for life. But I would never encourage my kids to get themselves involved in the mess that he did.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-23-2021, 07:36 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I didn't watch it. Don't plan to. I don't care what he has to say on that. Also, I hate Tucker.

All I cared about was that he did act in Self-Defense. And happy the Jury felt the same.

That said, I'd only give him a pass because sure, he may just not know anything deeper.

BLM on it's surface is ok. "Stop Police Brutality", right? Who'd say no to that?

Of course, there are a ton of strings and Marxist icebergs hidden under the surface and when you try to criticize that they assume you are criticizing the Police brutality part.

I doubt he earned any points with the BLM crowd by saying that though,..lol.
What he said is, of course, being taken out of context.

He said he supports the BLM "MOVEMENT" and the right to civil protest. He differentiates the right to PROTEST vs the right to RIOT.

I'm not surprised the media is lying about this again.

Take away their lies and there would be no MSM.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:43 AM

3,214 posts, read 1,601,078 times
True or not true, it is a good tactic for him to voice support for BLM and peaceful protests, in case anyone is considering civil rights actions against him.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:51 AM

6,628 posts, read 2,951,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What he said is, of course, being taken out of context.

He said he supports the BLM "MOVEMENT" and the right to civil protest. He differentiates the right to PROTEST vs the right to RIOT.

I'm not surprised the media is lying about this again.

Take away their lies and there would be no MSM.
oh jeez,...I am not surprised either,..lol.

It's like some compulsive disorder.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:51 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,082,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I didn't watch it. Don't plan to. I don't care what he has to say on that. Also, I hate Tucker.

All I cared about was that he did act in Self-Defense. And happy the Jury felt the same.

That said, I'd only give him a pass because sure, he may just not know anything deeper.

BLM on it's surface is ok. "Stop Police Brutality", right? Who'd say no to that?

Of course, there are a ton of strings and Marxist icebergs hidden under the surface and when you try to criticize that they assume you are criticizing the Police brutality part.

I doubt he earned any points with the BLM crowd by saying that though,..lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
True or not true, it is a good tactic for him to voice support for BLM and peaceful protests, in case anyone is considering civil rights actions against him.

He is VERY young. Heck he probably doesn't even know what BLM is all about. So like I said, with that in mind I will give the young chap a pass on it.

BLM are a terrorist organization whose founders have said straight up "we are trained Marxists".

Like I said, a young 17yo kid like him likely doesn't even know the founders have said that.

Old 11-23-2021, 08:10 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,585,304 times
https://youtu.be/Zvvq619vMZk

Good summary (for 1st week) from a white supremacy lawyer

Old 11-23-2021, 08:14 AM

3,214 posts, read 1,601,078 times
Quote:
https://youtu.be/Zvvq619vMZk

Good summary (for 1st week) from a white supremacy lawyer
That guy was interesting when he was on the Rekieta Law YouTube coverage.

Old 11-23-2021, 08:32 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
He was probably drunk as a skunk when he'd fallen off his chair during zoom court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMf6SfqB2k0
First time seeing this. Hysterical!

This guy has some cajones to try and sue the city of Kenosha for $10 million after his own actions led to his arm being blown away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine
He’s sharp as a tack. Remembers the entire night with great clarity.

Surprising to learn that he tried to turn himself into a police officer on the scene who shooed him away. He then tried to go to the Kenosha Police Dept but they had the station on lockdown. He drove back into Illinois and turned himself in at an Antioch police station.

*None* of his story strikes me as crap. White supremacists who kill other white people generally don’t make repeated attempts to turn themselves in.

It’s my belief that this is a good kid.
The cop pepper sprayed him because he got too close to the vehicle when he went to turn himself in so he went to the police station in Kenosha, but it was closed. That's when he gave up and went home, turning himself in at the Antioch police station. But there are people still saying if his intention was to turn himself in, he didn't try very hard.

I don't think the kid is a hero, but the left going after him is insane, and they refuse to get the facts because they know it blows their entire narrative about him, so they continue repeating lies. Even here in this thread, as though we don't know what they're doing.

Old 11-23-2021, 09:10 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The semi-automatic was available back when the Constitution was written.

Pres Thomas Jefferson gave 2 to Lewis and Clark.

Available yes.

Massed produced....no.

The technology to make parts close enough to identical to enable mass, assembly line style production was still many years away.

Without doing a lot of research, I'm guessing that the 1911 was the first massed produced and WIDELY AVAILABLE semiautomatic.

I could be wrong but the exact model and date isn't really that important for the purposes of this discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies