Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2021, 06:39 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You're talking to a wall.

The facts of the case are and have been easily accessible for anyone who cares enough to actually hear them.

The person you're talking to has absolutely no interest in the facts.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2021, 06:50 AM

6,645 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Also, I hate Tucker."

Why do so many on the left "HATE" anybody they don't agree with?

We are called he UN-educated deplorables and I call the let the immature spoiled brats.
I am far from Left, bro. lol.

I am using Hate in a casual conversation way,..not in some legal sense. I am sure you get that.

I just think Tucker is guilty of the same hyperbolic Wrestle-mania style ranting that lefty 'news' is doing for views.

Old 11-24-2021, 06:56 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
"You're free to sacrifice your kids to the altar of leftist politics."

I'm probably MORE a Conservative then you are.

"Considering you just tried to compare Kyle to Audie Murphy, well, yeah"

Considering you have a SEVERE reading COMPREHENSION problem, and my post was WAY OVER your head well, yeah!

My POINT is, some are claiming Kyle was too YOUNG to be there and doing what he did and I was only pointing how other 17 year olds have done much MORE heroic things.

2 tours in 'nam taught me to NEVER judge someone by their AGE!

Thank you for YOUR service!
I didn't just claim he was too young. You skipped over a very important explanation to arrive at that understanding of my comment. Furthermore, I was not speaking to your level of conservatism when I made the comment you just double quoted for emphasis. You may want to re-consider who has a reading comprehension problem here.

My position remains unchanged: I'm unwilling to risk sacrificing my kids to confront leftism until society tips towards a total confrontation.

What Kyle did was stupid, he nearly lost everything. For what? A town that was allowing itself to be consumed anyway?

You're just ranting as is typical. Refusing to acknowledge that the world is much more complicated than "he dissents: librrrrall!!"

Kyle Rittenhouse is not a soldier who joined the military at 17, went through basic training, was assigned to a unit, under orders, operating as part of a team, section, squad, platoon, or company, confronting a declared enemy of the United States of America. Any attempt to compare him to veterans, especially someone as insanely heroic as Audie Murphy, is the height of arguing just to argue.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-24-2021, 06:56 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
"Massed produced....no"

Immaterial. They WERE available. Jefferson bought TWO.

"assembly line style production was still many years away."

And how were muskets and pistols made back then?

What about the cannons on ships?

You are REALLY STRETCHING!

"I could be wrong" You ARE!

Dude:

I'm fully aware of things like the Puckle Gun existing even before the Constitution was written.

Muskets and pistols were made with parts needing to be hand fitted to each weapon because machining tolerances were not close enough to make them interchangeable from one to the next.

Cannons were cast.

It wasn't until 1798 that machining technology advanced to the point where SOME parts started to become interchangeable, allowing for a semblance of mass production of SOME weapons.

https://www.eliwhitney.org/7/museum/...geable%20parts.

But "Available" is irrelevant to the discussion in the context of the post I was originally replying to.

Get over it.

Last edited by FatBob96; 11-24-2021 at 07:08 AM..

Old 11-24-2021, 07:29 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I didn't just claim he was too young. You skipped over a very important explanation to arrive at that understanding of my comment. Furthermore, I was not speaking to your level of conservatism when I made the comment you just double quoted for emphasis. You may want to re-consider who has a reading comprehension problem here.

My position remains unchanged: I'm unwilling to risk sacrificing my kids to confront leftism until society tips towards a total confrontation.

What Kyle did was stupid, he nearly lost everything. For what? A town that was allowing itself to be consumed anyway?

You're just ranting as is typical. Refusing to acknowledge that the world is much more complicated than "he dissents: librrrrall!!"

Kyle Rittenhouse is not a soldier who joined the military at 17, went through basic training, was assigned to a unit, under orders, operating as part of a team, section, squad, platoon, or company, confronting a declared enemy of the United States of America. Any attempt to compare him to veterans, especially someone as insanely heroic as Audie Murphy, is the height of arguing just to argue.
He had some training, and on that night he was competent above the threshold necessary for him (and others) to be safe.

He did not go to engage in conflict or vigilantism. He did not stop or neutralize any of the rioters, rather he administered aid and extinguished fires.

Many others were there with guns and weapons, so he did not stand out as an aggressor. The one thing he couldn't predict was Rosenbaum.

No one could predict Rosenbaum. Why was a convicted child rapist out of an institute without and chaperon? Why was he allowed into a riot zone? Why did his girlfriend not insure that he took his bipolar medication after a clear suicide attempt.

He should not have been let off into the streets. If he hadn't no one would have been shot.

Old 11-24-2021, 07:32 AM

I'm very happy the two mopes are dead and another was injured. I'm also firmly in the camp that the verdict is correct. You'll have to go back and read the progression of comments to understand how we got to the one you just quoted.

It started with me having the nerve to say that regardless of the outcome or righteousness, I wouldn't want my kids getting involved the way he did. Not sure what page and I've little motivation at this point to go find it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-24-2021, 07:38 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'm very happy the two mopes are dead and another was injured. I'm also firmly in the camp that the verdict is correct. You'll have to go back and read the progression of comments to understand how we got to the one you just quoted.

It started with me having the nerve to say that regardless of the outcome or righteousness, I wouldn't want my kids getting involved the way he did. Not sure what page and I've little motivation at this point to go find it.
Nothing would have happened to Rittenhouse if not for Rosenbaum, and no one could predict Rosenbaum would be there.

My point is if your kid was Rittenhouse, and he had gone to Kenosha armed (like many others) and helped administer aid and extinguish fire nothing would have happened to him.

The only reason something did was because of the wild card Rosenbaum that no one could have predicted. Rosenbaum would not be part of your assessment because he was not a leftist rioter.

He was someone recently released from a mental institute. He was released with no assigned chaperon, so I would assume his girlfriend offered that role. Either she was unable to keep him on his medication (in which case she should have never given the impression that she was) or she was unwilling.

Either way this is all her fault, and no one could have known he would be out there on that night.

Old 11-24-2021, 07:45 AM

I don't see how any of this is relevant to my comment considering I did not even remotely argue against the outcome. This all started because I said I wouldn't want my kids there under any circumstances, period.

In other words, if you had a crystal ball and told me how it would all work out, I still wouldn't want my kids there. Better? I don't need a lecture on one of the particular perps. I'm glad he's dead. I couldn't care less.

Old 11-24-2021, 07:58 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Again, I thought you said you were done speaking to me and here you are doubling down on stupidity and arrogance. Many posters here said outrages lies for months but your issue is with me because I think he is a hero.

I speak 3 languages and this has NOTHING to do with language but arrogance and you breaking your word of coming back acting the fool. I didn't know you treat people with a riffle. What country they do that?

Richie McGinniss a reporter was there at the scene (you weren't) and reported and testified: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/u...ing-video.html

If you are putting your life at risk to come to aid of injured people in a hostile environment it's STILL call protecting people in any language. You are now splitting hairs because I called your b.s.

There is a saying in Spanish that says: "El Ladron juzga por su condicion" it translate to the thief judges others by his condition. That's you!

Again, this is NOT a language problem but a arrogance comprehension issue that you keep coming back talking nonsense.
Perfect example of c-d posters who cannot admit they're wrong.

Rittenhouse was no hero. He wasn't there to protect people, as you claim.

Nobody testified that he was there to protect people, as you claim.

You've come up with no statement indicating he was there to protect anyone - only that he was there to treat those in need of medical assistance and to protect property.

And you're accusing me of ignorance. That's rich.

I speak four languages. English, apparently, isn't a language in which you excel.

Old 11-24-2021, 08:07 AM

23,473 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Nothing would have happened to Rittenhouse if not for Rosenbaum, and no one could predict Rosenbaum would be there.

My point is if your kid was Rittenhouse, and he had gone to Kenosha armed (like many others) and helped administer aid and extinguish fire nothing would have happened to him.

The only reason something did was because of the wild card Rosenbaum that no one could have predicted. Rosenbaum would not be part of your assessment because he was not a leftist rioter.

He was someone recently released from a mental institute. He was released with no assigned chaperon, so I would assume his girlfriend offered that role. Either she was unable to keep him on his medication (in which case she should have never given the impression that she was) or she was unwilling.

Either way this is all her fault, and no one could have known he would be out there on that night.
Who is "her"? The fiancee? Why are you blaming her when she was another victim of violence by Rosenbaum. After he'd body-slammed her to the pavement she wanted nothing more to do with him.(and good for her!)

After two days of riots, the mental ward had released Rosenbaum, a person known to be violent and suicidal, on the third day of riots. The hospital never gave him medication to take with him, instead they gave him a prescription to have filled. But he could not have it filled because the pharmacies were closed due to the riots.

Anyway, one can point fingers at the hospital but the ones to fully blame is Rosenbaum and the elected leaders that gave the rioters free rein....don't go blaming one of his other victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies