Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2021, 08:37 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,732,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
From you.
I would respond to what I know by seeing it all through a lens of greed and profit by the media and the lawyers and that Kyle's guilt/innocence is an afterthought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 08:38 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I think Newsom is referring to Rittenhouse paying someone to purchase a weapon for him because he was a minor at the time and not able to purchase one for himself and also carrying the firearm in a setting that was not hunting, which is the only was a 17-year-old can carry a firearm in Wisconsin. I'm not an expert, though, so if you have additional information, please share.

I've shared this before, and nobody seems to want to address it.
seems to me he was hunting for leftist pedophile scum bags... and managed to bag 2 and wing another one.
I'm guessing the one he winged will have a hard time choking old lady's and former girl friends without that bicept, probably have a hard time with those felony burglary's too...

Old 11-19-2021, 08:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Who thinks Biden will direct the DOJ to find something to charge KR with?
I think it will be more surprising if the DOJ doesn't charge Rittenhouse with civil rights violations or federal gun charges.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:42 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Rittenhouse admitted that he gave money to a friend to purchase the firearm for him because he was underage. The person who supplied the gun has been charged with two felony counts. He's facing up to 25 years if found guilty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVy6ZCMO-4M

Yes, Kyle gave him the money, yes Black bought it, but what you and the WaPo failed to mention is:

A) They agreed Kyle could not 'own' the gun until he was 18, which means Black was the owner - it was in his name.

B) The rifle stayed at Black's house, locked in a gun safe, in his step-dad's room, that only his step-father had the key to, or in the safe in the garage which had a code that only his step-father knew. Kyle did not ever take it home, as it was not his.

C) Black never told Kyle that he couldn't take the rifle that night when they were heading down to protect the car businesses they were asked to protect, (they were not "looking for trouble").

D) Antioch is in WI, so no, Kyle did not "transport a rifle over 2-3 state lines". He didn't transport it over a single state line. He didn't "transport" anything because:

1 - the rifle was not legally his, it was legally Black's rifle
2 - he was not the owner nor driver of the car, Black was.

E) Yes, Black is in trouble for buying a rifle for Kyle's eventual ownership.

F) Kyle did not ask for the rifle for attacking rioters. He had asked for it 2 months earlier for hunting and target practice.

And the WaPo lied, Black did NOT say that Kyle would "throw a fit" if Black didn't get it.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:44 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Do you think the convicted child rapist he killed has a case?
Yes, I think his family has a good chance of winning a civil suit against Rittenhouse. Any crimes that person committed are completely irrelevant. The only thing that matters was whether Kyle was justified in killing him. As you may know, civil cases don’t have to meet the same criteria of “beyond a reasonable doubt “ that criminal cases do. See OJ Simpson.

From what I just heard on TV, the only reason the family might not sue is that Rittenhouse doesn’t have much money. They could win a $10 million judgment, but never collect.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:44 PM

1,811 posts, read 899,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think it will be more surprising if the DOJ doesn't charge Rittenhouse with civil rights violations or federal gun charges.
Whose civil rights did he violate? And what federal gun laws did he violate? The Feds have no case here.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:45 PM

1,811 posts, read 899,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Yes, I think his family has a good chance of winning a civil suit against Rittenhouse. Any crimes that person committed are completely irrelevant. The only thing that matters was whether Kyle was justified in killing him. As you may know, civil cases don’t have to meet the same criteria of “beyond a reasonable doubt “ that criminal cases do. See OJ Simpson.

From what I just heard on TV, the only reason the family might not sue is that Rittenhouse doesn’t have much money. They could win a $10 million judgment, but never collect.
His family has no case. It ain’t gonna happen.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:48 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,001,824 times
My head is hurting. As a AA man, I think I need to stay off Social Media. It’s like people ignore all the facts and just insert their own reality. This is my entire FB feed today:

“The system is t broken, it’s working the way they intended for it to work!”

“If he was black then it would have been guilty”

“This just shows how racist Amerikkka is!”

“What did y’all expect? This is Amerikkka!”

Plus about 1000 meme comparing this kid to some random black guy that the cops shot when he was unarmed.

My favorite one is tying this verdict to the Julio guy in Ok. Every black person thinks he’s innocent for some reason.

Anyway, i digress. Every piece of evidence points to self defense. It’s like people on Social Media leave out all the facts and make their deep thought post of the day.

14,228 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Civil right violation on what ground? Defending himself? Are Grosskreutz, Huber, and Rosenbaum belong to certain protected group?

Federal gun charges? Go ahead and cite the federal gun law that Rittenhouse violated?

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
I would respond to what I know by seeing it all through a lens of greed and profit by the media and the lawyers and that Kyle's guilt/innocence is an afterthought
Same as it ever was. i.e.,
But, to speak practically and as a citizen, unlike those who call themselves no-government men, I ask for, not at once no government, but at once a better government. Let every man make known what kind of government would command his respect, and that will be one step toward obtaining it.
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/71/71-h/71-h.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies