Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 05:14 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
Yes. If a law disproportionately benefits/restricts one racial/ethnic group over another, it is segregating those groups whatever the intent of the law may be. If it quacks like a duck and floats like a duck, it's rational to believe it's a duck. Doesn't mean you have to see them as such, but it is rational that some do.
"Yes. If a law disproportionately benefits/restricts one racial/ethnic group over another, it is segregating those groups whatever the intent of the law may be"

Where in the LAWS does it say to go after certain "racial/ethnic group"

If laws are broken and it just happens to be by a certain "racial/ethnic group", it is the FAULT of those

breaking the law NOT the LAW.

"but it is rational that some do". No, it is IRRATIONAL that some do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2021, 06:42 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,239,538 times
The thing is Trump was never the problem. Yes he was like a loose cannon but it was the Democrats and their media that demonized the guy when they should have been working with him. It was disgusting what they did to him and they didn't care about the collateral damage that was America.

The Democrats have always been the great dividers. So much for Biden uniting us.

Old 11-26-2021, 12:31 PM

998 posts, read 787,480 times
The difference between Trump and Obama:
Trump owns multiple Golf Courses but spent most of his time in the White House trying to help the American people.

Obama owns NO golf courses but spent most of his time playing golf instead of trying to help the American People.

It's simple!

Old 11-26-2021, 12:40 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
Yes. If a law disproportionately benefits/restricts one racial/ethnic group over another, it is segregating those groups whatever the intent of the law may be. If it quacks like a duck and floats like a duck, it's rational to believe it's a duck. Doesn't mean you have to see them as such, but it is rational that some do.
If the law treats everyone the same way and everyone has access to do whatever needs to be done then it's not racist.
For example in NYC you need proof of covid vax to eat indoors (athough most places don't check)
While I disagree with the law, some people say it's racist bc blacks are largely unvaccinated. If they were being restricted from getting the vax then yes it would be racist. When it is free and available everywhere, if they choose not to get it then it's not a racist law.

Old 11-26-2021, 12:54 PM

6,822 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
The difference between Trump and Obama:
Trump owns multiple Golf Courses but spent most of his time in the White House trying to help the American people.

Obama owns NO golf courses but spent most of his time playing golf instead of trying to help the American People.

It's simple!

This post is laughable at best. Who spent more time on the course Trump or Obama. What does owing a golf course has to due with being president. I will wait for your well thought out response.

Old 11-26-2021, 01:21 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
This post is laughable at best. Who spent more time on the course Trump or Obama. What does owing a golf course has to due with being president. I will wait for your well thought out response.

The worst part. Trump knowing he could scam the taxpayers, jacked up all his golf courses fees and hotel rates. All his secret service, all his close entourage, family and their friends, dining parties and who knows what else. Knowing he could just bill the taxpayers and get away with it. The $120+ million of the taxpayers money he pocketed proves that. Thats just one of his schemes we know about.

Old 11-26-2021, 01:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
The worst part. Trump knowing he could scam the taxpayers, jacked up all his golf courses fees and hotel rates. All his secret service, all his close entourage, family and their friends, dining parties and who knows what else. Knowing he could just bill the taxpayers and get away with it. The $120+ million of the taxpayers money he pocketed proves that. Thats just one of his schemes we know about.
Someone had to get paid for all those things as every POTUS Is entitled to those services. No reason it shouldn’t be him. If Obuma or Sleepy Joe were smart enough to be businessmen, they’d be doing the same thing, just like any other POTUS would, as there’s no law against it. I also don’t recall a POTUS donating their entire salary like because Trump did.

Old 11-26-2021, 01:59 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,225 times
Gone and silenced but still leader of the "Republican" party which shows how weak and cowardly the Pubs are without the great divider behind them. How many of the pubs running in the '22 midterms will acknowledge that sir Donald is gone and silenced? None of them, because they are a bunch of cowards!

Old 11-26-2021, 02:03 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
Gone and silenced but still leader of the "Republican" party which shows how weak and cowardly the Pubs are without the great divider behind them. How many of the pubs running in the '22 midterms will acknowledge that sir Donald is gone and silenced? None of them, because they are a bunch of cowards!
Because Trump hasn’t even said he’s running in 2024. He simply lives in his haters heads to where they come up with assumptions based on hurt feelings.

Midterms will be a whitewash. By then approval ratings will be even lower and Sleepy Joe will have created even more nonsense.

Old 11-26-2021, 02:33 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Cadet Bonespurs"

Yet you support "cadet asthma" as a kid.

Oh, the irony.
Wrong.

Being anti-Trump doesn't require being a Biden supporter, nor a Democrat.

I'm not, haven't been, and will never be a Biden supporter nor voter, and I'm not a Democrat.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Quote:
P.S. Just for the record, I have HAD bone sours in mt feet and they HURT LIKE HELL. There is NO WAY I could have marched in Boot Camp as is required.

What is YOUR experience that makes you claim to be such the expert? Have YOU ever had bone spurs?
Boy you sure swallowed that hook, line, and sinker from Trump.

The bone spurs claim is a lie.

When people have tried to pin Trump down on which foot they were on, he claimed he couldn't remember.

The daughters of the doctor who wrote the note have admitted that discussing it was a source of amusement within their family, and that their father wrote the fake note for Fred Trump as a favor in exchange access to him re any issues (Fred Trump owned the building the doctor's office was in/he was the Doctor's commercial landlord).

Quote:
It is ill informed messages like this that give the left the reputation of, "do as I say, NOT as I DO" and "know it all's"
Re what I've written above, I obviously know more than you do.

You are the one who is I'll informed.

Or more accurately, chooses to be ill informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies