Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 04:20 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I’m still about how a white teen who shot 3 white men turned into a racial issue.
It’s literally the only thing the left has. Everything they disagree with they just slap the ole racist tag on. Talk about shallow.

The jury handed down the right verdict. Anyone with half a brain who paid attention to the trial could see that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 04:22 PM

4,664 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
No its the same President who represents the entire country and is addressing everyone regardless of where they fall with the verdict. People don't have to agree but they should respect that the court has rendered their decision and not use it as an excuse to behave badly.

I guess taking the upper hand and trying to maintain a calm tone is now viewed as "divide and conquer", maybe you got too used to the constant childish call outs that would have occurred with other Presidents.
He is representing his base only, that 30-whatever percent of the electorate that still supports him.

His base, meaning the people who react to this and say, "this is terrible, the law should be suspended in order for political demonstrations on our behalf to have the full, intended effect...it looks like the pesky law and justice system is still standing in our way here, and we need to 'fix' it."

That's what most of us hear.

Old 11-19-2021, 04:23 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
A few differences:

1) You appear to be an adult
2) You are "legally carrying"
3) You said "find myself in a dangerous situation" which sounds like something occurred while out.

Your "right to defend is not invalid" but if you are an inexperienced minor, carrying a semi-automatic rifle to a situation that was anticipated to become violent and the police had put out notice to stay away don't you hold some responsibility for how things developed?
You assumed 'incorrectly' Kyle was inexperienced with a long gun.

1) Age has nothing to do with the right of self defense
2) Kyle was legally carrying a long gun, FYI...the initial charge was dropped
3) Kyle was at the business BEFORE the situation became dangerous. The general assumption was the police would control the rioters and unrest. It did not happen. The failure was ALLOWING the situation to become dangerous by liberal politicians who held the police back. The danger CAME at Kyle.

So in reality, Kyle was WELL within his rights, in ALL aspects of the tragedy. The not guilty verdict concludes the same.

Are you at odd with the verdict?

Old 11-19-2021, 04:27 PM

9,508 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
He just asked for a link, he also thanked those who provided the link. He didn’t as far as I know made any other comment.
Asking for links for what is common knowledge is gaslighting.

Old 11-19-2021, 04:32 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Biden is committing political malpractice. As more and more comments come in from left leaning individuals... I see a total disregard for our system of justice.

Some are calling for a DOJ investigation. If only there was someone to impeach...

Old 11-19-2021, 04:33 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...is this the same president that called him a white supremacist?

it's the old democrats play book....again....divide and conquer

“While the verdict in Kenosha will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included, we must acknowledge that the jury has spoken,” Biden said in a statement released by the White House.

The president said he would continue working to “heal our country’s wounds” until “every American is treated equally, with fairness and dignity.” He called for protests of the verdict to remain peaceful.

the comments are worth the price of admission > https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/146...ul-protests%2F
Yeah, Trump called for peaceful protests at the Capital building but he got crucified anyway. Biden calling this guy a white supremacist will stir up the left to.

Old 11-19-2021, 04:43 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
You assumed 'incorrectly' Kyle was inexperienced with a long gun.

1) Age has nothing to do with the right of self defense
2) Kyle was legally carrying a long gun, FYI...the initial charge was dropped
3) Kyle was at the business BEFORE the situation became dangerous. The general assumption was the police would control the rioters and unrest. It did not happen. The failure was ALLOWING the situation to become dangerous by liberal politicians who held the police back. The danger CAME at Kyle.

So in reality, Kyle was WELL within his rights, in ALL aspects of the tragedy. The not guilty verdict concludes the same.

Are you at odd with the verdict?
I made no reference to his experience with a long gun but if you say he is inexperienced I won't argue.

1) Age equals experience
2) "Under Wisconsin statutes that say anyone under 18 who "goes armed" with any deadly weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor," why they chose not to include that is up to the lawyers
3) He was still in the zone that the police had said to stay clear of because of anticipated problems.

We'll stop here because in your mind he can do what he want and in mine he created the situation that was the danger. Hope you don't have any kids that choose to go to a know problem area, armed and then have to make that kind of choice because no matter what you think they are not ready for that 17.

Old 11-19-2021, 04:45 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
He is representing his base only, that 30-whatever percent of the electorate that still supports him.

His base, meaning the people who react to this and say, "this is terrible, the law should be suspended in order for political demonstrations on our behalf to have the full, intended effect...it looks like the pesky law and justice system is still standing in our way here, and we need to 'fix' it."

That's what most of us hear.
I can accept your response but I still say its better than the saber rattling we saw with the last administration that lead to January 6th

Last edited by VA Yankee; 11-19-2021 at 04:59 PM..

Old 11-19-2021, 04:57 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
A can accept your response but I still say its better than the saber rattling we saw with the last administration that lead to January 6th
VA, if this isn't saber ratting....then please tell me what is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
“While the verdict in Kenosha will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included, we must acknowledge that the jury has spoken,” Biden said in a statement released by the White House.
now, we don't know what this "saber rattling" is going to lead to....it's too soon

....but if it does lead to something....are you going to be just a quick to call Biden out on it?

Old 11-19-2021, 05:00 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The poor old man truly is brain dead. What remotely reasonable, sane person would possibly be "angry and concerned" about a justice system that did not punish an innocent child for defending his life against vicious criminals? I realize that the left empathize more with vicious criminals than their victims, but that usually doesn't include the leader of the free world. Brandon is pathetic. Hopefully the slander suit costs him everything he owns-as well as his eventual pension from the Oval. Would be justice to see him homeless.

If he were at all of sound mind, I'd say he was catering to his left-wing base ( who is out for Rittenhouse's blood) with those words. As he's not, I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies