Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 10:13 AM

25,482 posts, read 18,612,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
How did they drop down so low they would have to look up to see the gutter?
I had to laugh at that one. But... it is definitely true at this point. The typical Dem was not at ALL like this forty years ago. Very few of them outright stood for authoritarian collectivism and mental illness/criminality as about 99% of them do now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 10:13 AM

7,225 posts, read 4,510,470 times
Quote:
What has happened to Democrats? How has their perspective become so warped?
I think it is 100% due to the baby boomers. They are the *me* generation... the hippies...

Before, they could always afford to be "patient" to get what they want - but they are realizing... there is little time left and, if they don't make changes that can't be reversed, their lives would have been meaningless. So they lash out like crazy people in their final years of life.

Thus they no longer care about the effects of their stupid policies.. they just want those policies in place when they pass on so they can feel their life wasn't meaningless.

It is the lashing out of a generation about to be extinguished.

They don't care if their climate change policies lead to disaster because they won't be around to deal with it.

They don't care if Iran turns around and nukes us in 30 years because they won't be here.

They don't care if the USA goes bankrupt because they will get their funding for a park.

We just have to wait them out...

Old 11-20-2021, 10:22 AM

1,402 posts, read 647,489 times
Half of them are nuts and the other half a bunch of girls afraid to stand up to them.

Old 11-20-2021, 10:55 AM

18,921 posts, read 27,410,665 times
Nothing really happened.

Liberalism took over more, than expected.
Again, it's like boa constrictor. It wraps around its victim and waits. The very moment victim relaxes, it tightens its coils some. And again. And again. Until the rib cage is crushed.
Same goes here. It all started innocently, with political correctness.
Transitioned into tolerance.
With every step, every ever so small acceptance of what was no-no before, more of it came in and, politicians, to stay afloat, had to accept that more again.
And again.
And again.
And so they cornered themselves into dead end of either standing up for what they said and promised, or be wiped out.

Just like boa constrictor, all those, they relaxed rules for, developed more momentum and impact, as they caught the slack and used it.
Remember, how Trump was "it's just a flu"? Until he was handed an offer, he could not refuse - either accept, that deadly pandemic is out there, or be enemy of the people, who believe into it. He caved, as who wants to be a politician with the stigma of "you killed millions"?

Same happened to dems. They fell victims of their own principles.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:32 AM

21,076 posts, read 19,579,298 times
When your opponent assumes the righteous stand on every issue, what other option do you have?

Old 11-20-2021, 12:38 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,882,732 times
Quote:
What the hell has happened to Democrats?

In a word: Trump.

To expand: I used to be a Democrat as recently as two years ago, and most of my family still are. I watched first hand as things that would have been well beyond the realm of conventional acceptance slowly became permissible if it meant "stopping" Orange Man Bad.

For example, in 2019 Lawrence O'Donnell (MSDNC) broke a "story" about how Deutsche Bank was finally able to prove that President Trump was compromised by the Russians. After ranting and raving to his viewers (not for the first time) that this would be Trump's downfall - he had to go on air the very next night and apologize - because (of course) it turned out the story was utterly false. (Don't ask me why they had a mea culpa that time, as opposed to hundreds of others...)

Anyway, when I pointed out to my Mother that even MSNBC was admitting the story was false, I asked her if this - in any way - changed her perception of them as a reliable news source. She said "No, I liked the story, I like that he stuck it to Trump" - or something like that.

In other words, it is very difficult for people to change once they realize (or refuse to realize) that they have been led down the primrose path. The cognitive dissonance is too strong. I think this refusal to change, supplemented with the Squad and the SJWs largely gaining the limelight has broken them.

Everything was "Trump Trump Trump" all the time. Their entire World view, and their assessment of others' World views, became entirely dictated by it. If our politics had been tribal before, their visceral fear and disgust with Trump took it to a whole new level.

Fortunately myself, and many others, were able to finally wake up and witness that what was once a sane and rational Left leaning Party, had become a reactionary cult. It's a religion now. And the interweaving of Black Lives Matter and the COVID religion into the overall structure was the final death knell of any sensible logic that once existed in the Party.

Glad to say I'm now a MAGA Republican. But don't tell my Mother...

Old 11-20-2021, 12:40 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,882,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I think a lot of Democrats believe the lies on CNN where Rosenbaum and Huber were called "activists". They were not. They were criminals who showed up at BLM protests to commit crime.

Great point. The Legacy media is far worse now than they even were a few years ago. And many people who neglect to look for News outside this bubble refuse to believe that they could possible be being lied to. Since that media is entirely in the tank for the Democrats, many of their brainwashed viewers cascade into seeing the insanity as entirely normal.

Old 11-20-2021, 12:55 PM

45,400 posts, read 26,983,057 times
Quote:
What has happened to Democrats? How has their perspective become so warped?

Democrats have made it clear they think rioting, burning, looting and assaulting are good things, while they think self defense against such things is evil white supremacy. Just look at all the comments from leading Democrat politicians, CNN and MSNBC. It's right there for all to see. They don't even try to hide it.

Democrats hold up child rapists, domestic assaulters, drug users, child sex traffickers and general pedophiles as heroes, quality citizens, while they demonize law abiding common sense individuals. They call concerned PTA Moms domestic terrorists and sick the FBI on them.

Democrats are in a full-court press to shut down speech they don't like and lock up people who use their brains. Just look at all the social media companies who shut down speech about what the evidence actually showed in the K.R. case.

What the hell has happened to Democrats? There was a time when Democrats stood for the right things for the most part. What is going on with them? How did they drop down so low they would have to look up to see the gutter?
Most of them in Congress have been bought in one way or another.

1 Timothy 6:10 - For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

The love of money causes people to wander away from many things.

Old 11-20-2021, 12:57 PM

2,367 posts, read 904,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Great point. The Legacy media is far worse now than they even were a few years ago. And many people who neglect to look for News outside this bubble refuse to believe that they could possible be being lied to. Since that media is entirely in the tank for the Democrats, many of their brainwashed viewers cascade into seeing the insanity as entirely normal.
Yes, people are trusting because they assume the legacy media is legit and has no reason to lie. What they don't know, is that over 90% of journalists polled identify as liberal. The journalists also said it is part of their job to shape people's minds for the greater good. Journalists have become activists and are proud of what they do.

Old 11-20-2021, 12:59 PM

6,700 posts, read 9,259,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
My parents were life long democrats.....if they were alive today....they would be Republicans.
I have a friend who I have known since college, so, I’ve known her for about 20 years. I’ve met her parents multiple times. I remember the first time I met them, I was invited to dinner, and the entire time they talked about politics, an they were hardcore Democrats. It was slightly uncomfortable for me, since I disagreed with them, but didn’t want to argue much since I was in their house, at their dinner table.

Fast-forward 20 years. She is ashamed because her parents voted for Trump twice and despise the positions of the current-day Democrat party. I hadn’t seen them for a few years and was quite surprised by their change of heart, but I get it. The modern-day Democrat party turns a lot of people off.

Joe Biden won in 2020 because he was not President Trump and portrayed himself as more moderate, like, a return to ‘normalcy,” even though that clearly is not what we are getting now that he is in office, since he is not really running the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies